8961 47 2023-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PatrickP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 529908 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have connected my Avata with the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2. The LEDs on the remote are solid green, and so are the LEDs on the Avata. I can see in the goggles that the RC connection is strong, and I can even control the gimble and start/stop video recording with the Remote Controller 2. However, the "Start/Stop" button does not start the motors. I have done a combination of push push, push hold, etc. Even bringing the sticks down and in will not start the motors. There are no errors on the screen or anything.

The DJI Fly app is also not indicating that the Remote Controller needs an update.

How can I fix this?
2023-2-24
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

I had the same thing with the motion controller and I had to hit the red button 3 times real quick - tap,tap,tap

Never found out what that does or why that fixed it, but I think somehow I accidently "locked" it and that opens it up.

try taping the start button 3 times quick, then wait 5 seconds and try to arm as usual.

Let us know......I am about to have a new FPV controller so I am very interested - it arrived today
2023-2-24
Use props
PatrickP
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Nitro-Tom Posted at 2-24 13:40
I had the same thing with the motion controller and I had to hit the red button 3 times real quick - tap,tap,tap

Never found out what that does or why that fixed it, but I think somehow I accidently "locked" it and that opens it up.

The Motion Controller works fine for me. It's the FPV Remote Controller 2 that I'm having this issue with.
2023-2-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to restart all the components and try to start again to see if the issue persists. Also, regarding the Start/Stop button, can you please try to check whether the interval between the two consecutive clicks is within 300ms (0.3seconds). If the interval between the two clicks is less than 300ms, it is determined to be a double-click trigger. If this time limit is exceeded, a double-click will not be triggered. If the issue persists, please send us a short video showing the issue for us to check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-2-24
Use props
PatrickP
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I've done a restart, it didn't fix anything. I'm clicking the start/stop button pretty fast, with no response from the motors. I've also done the sticks down and in approach, with no response from the motors as well.
2023-2-27
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Move both sticks inside to the lower inside corners? Remote ID error?
2023-3-1
Use props
LMV
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi,

Please, verify the status of the button in the left side (Normal, Sport or Manual button)

- If you are in Normal/Sport mode, for start the motors, you have to push both sticks to inside lower corner
- if you are in Manual mode, for start the motors, you have to double tap Start/Stop button with the throtlle down
2023-3-1
Use props
PatrickP
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Normal mode, and have put sticks down and in. I have been flying DJI drones since 2016, so this isn't new to me haha
It's just weird everything else, the Avata responds to (like gimbal control, recording, etc), just the motors will not start.

Yesterday, I was able to start the motors with the sticks down and in... but the "Start/Stop" button still will not work. I'm double tapping it very quickly, the same speed as with the motion controller when the motors start. It's just the button start/stop is not working, and it's annoying. I don't mind always starting with the sticks, and honestly it's how I do it most of the time with my Air 2s and Phantom. I'm just hoping the sticks keep working. But if it's going to work one day, and not another, this is gonna be a big problem.
2023-3-1
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bring the sticks down and inward at same time, it will start in Normal Mode and Sport mode, the button is for the Manual Mode on Controller 2
2023-3-1
Use props
djiuser_KzMQ6E19uqKq
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same problem!
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KzMQ6E19uqKq Posted at 3-18 11:42
I have exactly the same problem!

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We need to verify some details for a better understanding of the issue. May we ask if you're getting any specific error messages on the screen when you attempt to take off? Also, can you confirm if you are using the DJI Motion Controller or the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2? In what flight mode are you trying to launch? And lastly, how do you trigger takeoff? If possible, please post a short video showing the issue for confirmation. Thank you.
2023-3-18
Use props
avata colorado
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem. Please find a fix!
2023-3-25
Use props
BrunoKP
New

United States

I'm having the same problem. RC is paired, no updates available, RC can control gimbal, sticks down and in does not get the propellers spinning. Can't take off.
2023-4-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BrunoKP Posted at 4-2 09:00
I'm having the same problem. RC is paired, no updates available, RC can control gimbal, sticks down and in does not get the propellers spinning. Can't take off.

Hi, BrunoKP. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Kindly refer to post #11 and verify the details for further checking. In addition to that, can you confirm if you are using the DJI Fly app during launching? We'll be waiting for your update.
2023-4-2
Use props
hperry
lvl.1
Canada

I have the same issue as well. Motion controller works great but the FPV controller 2 will not start the motors. DJI fly app is connected to my iPhone, all firmware is up to date including the controller, satellite connectivity looks perfect, no compass issues - all settings are green and ready to go. The goggles show full connection to the FPV controller 2 and the Avata. In all modes the gimbal can be controlled fully as well as start/stop recording from the FPV controller 2. I tired the takeoff sequence in N or S mode by pulling the joy sticks down and inward and holding, but nothing happens. I enabled M mode and did a double press of the start button with the throttle held down and still nothing. The exact same issue persists on the DJI virtual flight app too on mobile, where the joysticks don't have any effect whatsoever in the menu or during the takeoff sequence, but the C1 and other buttons function as normal. Because of this across both applications/setups, I think this is a bigger issue than user error.
2023-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

hperry Posted at 4-4 19:23
I have the same issue as well. Motion controller works great but the FPV controller 2 will not start the motors. DJI fly app is connected to my iPhone, all firmware is up to date including the controller, satellite connectivity looks perfect, no compass issues - all settings are green and ready to go. The goggles show full connection to the FPV controller 2 and the Avata. In all modes the gimbal can be controlled fully as well as start/stop recording from the FPV controller 2. I tired the takeoff sequence in N or S mode by pulling the joy sticks down and inward and holding, but nothing happens. I enabled M mode and did a double press of the start button with the throttle held down and still nothing. The exact same issue persists on the DJI virtual flight app too on mobile, where the joysticks don't have any effect whatsoever in the menu or during the takeoff sequence, but the C1 and other buttons function as normal. Because of this across both applications/setups, I think this is a bigger issue than user error.

Hi there. Thanks for notifying us about this issue, and we're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. We want to gather data so we may conduct an analysis and arrive at a resolution. Kindly post a short video of the startup process showing the motors not starting. We'll be waiting for your update.  
2023-4-5
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Maybe in a restricted zone?
2023-4-5
Use props
Josa8
New

United States

I am having the same exact issue . Not a restricted area either .. I cannot get my controller to make the avata get in the air .
2023-4-13
Use props
djiuser_eajqX2xYz91b
New

United States

I am having the same issue as well.  Please help
2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_eajqX2xYz91b
New

United States

djiuser_eajqX2xYz91b Posted at 4-17 14:26
I am having the same issue as well.  Please help

I fixed it by updating firmware from laptop
2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_4BI6rND8vBdy
lvl.1

Slovakia

It works.. there is another option to check on controller settings page. You need to remove all restrictions from manual mode. After I did it I got the opportunity to start engines with triple press of Start/Stop button.
2023-4-23
Use props
djiuser_UiFzMTHqdZTD
New
Flight distance : 94111 ft

United States

I'm having the same problem with a brand new remote controller 2 from Amazon. I thought it was a faulty one so I had returned it and got another one. Same exact problem with both controllers. I don't see any option to update the firmware. The motion controller works fine, just the remote controller 2 has no way to start the motors
2023-4-29
Use props
djiuser_UiFzMTHqdZTD
New
Flight distance : 94111 ft

United States

djiuser_eajqX2xYz91b Posted at 4-17 15:12

How did you update the controller with your laptop?
2023-4-29
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

LMV Posted at 3-1 08:11
Hi,

Please, verify the status of the button in the left side (Normal, Sport or Manual button)

Awesome post! Thank you -that bit me once when I enabled man mode for the first time
2023-4-29
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_UiFzMTHqdZTD Posted at 4-29 06:14
How did you update the controller with your laptop?

DJI Assistant 2 - software available for download from DJI - upload flight and black box information, calibrate the vision sensors, and update the firmware

allows forward and maybe backwards firmware applications using PC
https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-4-29
Use props
raphaelsoetan
New

United States

djiuser_eajqX2xYz91b Posted at 4-17 15:12

Thanks. That resolved my issue.
2023-5-2
Use props
djiuser_4BI6rND8vBdy
lvl.1

Slovakia

djiuser_UiFzMTHqdZTD Posted at 4-29 06:14
I'm having the same problem with a brand new remote controller 2 from Amazon. I thought it was a faulty one so I had returned it and got another one. Same exact problem with both controllers. I don't see any option to update the firmware. The motion controller works fine, just the remote controller 2 has no way to start the motors
When you turn on your drone you have to switch it to manual mode. When its done you have to see M on your screen. After that you can triple press to start/stop button and it should work. I have the same issue but its not about button, its about switching to manual mode. My switch is always in M position but I always have to turn it to S and turn back to M. Only after that action I can start engines.
2023-5-4
Use props
djiuser_YL1Cb90MDpVW
New

United States

I have the exact same problem, this is starting to really irritate me. I’ve tried read and tried every suggestions on here but still doesn’t work. I’ve been really excited to try and now I got this problem.

I’m using the motion controller 2 btw and tried everything, but the motor just won’t start, hence not taking off neither.

If you guys have experienced the same and have any good tips, please share. I’d really appreciate it. Overall, I feel very very disappointed with this product.
2023-5-8
Use props
foulmoustache
New

United States

Nitro-Tom Posted at 4-29 08:26
DJI Assistant 2 - software available for download from DJI - upload flight and black box information, calibrate the vision sensors, and update the firmware

allows forward and maybe backwards firmware applications using PC

Thank you so much! was so bummed when my Avata arrived, and everything seemed charged, connected, updated, paired and ready, yet the lock button would not start the motors. That's a lot of money for something to not work as directed. updating the firmware on the avata itself on my laptop worked!  So, why does the iPhone app make it look like everything was up to date then, DJI?  some tips for others:

-use his link here  , don't google DJI Assistant 2 or you might end up like me and download an old outdated version  -for some reason the linking isn't working, but it's https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series
-I only needed to update the drone itself, my goggles 2 and rc motion 2 were fine

Now that it works I have to recharge and wait out the rain we're getting. very soon will be headed out for first flight!
2023-5-13
Use props
Veteran_cz
New

Czechia

Solved. I had the same problem. You need to update firmware of remote controller 2. Update is possible with PC or Mac only.
1.) Download software DJI Assistant 2 ( DJI+Assistant+2+(DJI+FPV+series)
2.) Start program DJI Assistant 2
3.) Power on the remote controler 2
4.) Connect computer and remote controler 2 via USB cable.
5.) Software check firmare version and offer latest update
6.) Update firmware
7.) Now you will be able to start your Avata with remote controler normaly
2023-7-4
Use props
Veteran_cz
New

Czechia

Solved. I had the same problem. You need to update firmware of remote controller 2. Update is possible with PC or Mac only.
1.) Download software DJI Assistant 2 ( DJI+Assistant+2+(DJI+FPV+series)
2.) Start program DJI Assistant 2
3.) Power on the remote controler 2
4.) Connect computer and remote controler 2 via USB cable.
5.) Software check firmare version and offer latest update
6.) Update firmware
7.) Now you will be able to start your Avata with remote controler normaly
2023-7-4
Use props
ULSTER SCOUSER
New

United Kingdom

Beyond rediculous now the journeys I’ve made with this drone and coming home with zero footage because I can’t get it off the ground this problem is just the latest one I’ve had can take photo an use gimbal but can’t activate the propellers sort it out DJI don’t ask me for a video either the post above are pretty self explanatory from other users were all having the same trouble and I’ve tried all of the above solutions people have listed to
2023-7-9
Use props
MarathonMan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128081 ft
United States

ULSTER SCOUSER Posted at 7-9 04:33
Beyond rediculous now the journeys I’ve made with this drone and coming home with zero footage because I can’t get it off the ground this problem is just the latest one I’ve had can take photo an use gimbal but can’t activate the propellers sort it out DJI don’t ask me for a video either the post above are pretty self explanatory from other users were all having the same trouble and I’ve tried all of the above solutions people have listed to

Make sure you are using a cable between the DJI product and your PC / MAC that supports data.  I had this same issue described above with the controller, and bizarrely when I connected it to my PC using the USB-c cable that was provided in the DJI package, it wouldn’t detect the controller.  When I used a USB-c cable that I use to connect a card reader to my PC, it detected the controller and allowed me to update the firmware.  Once updated, the problem was resolved for me too.
2023-7-9
Use props
Marc Perez
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-2-24 19:23
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to restart all the components and try to start again to see if the issue persists. Also, regarding the Start/Stop button, can you please try to check whether the interval between the two consecutive clicks is within 300ms (0.3seconds). If the interval between the two clicks is less than 300ms, it is determined to be a double-click trigger. If this time limit is exceeded, a double-click will not be triggered. If the issue persists, please send us a short video showing the issue for us to check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi I bought mine last week and same ax at issue . I’m about ready to return it and stick with the joystick 2 controller.  Please help
1-9 16:15
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2380479 ft
  • >>>
India

Update the firmware on the FPV remote controller 2 through DJI assistant (consumer drones) on a laptop. It will fix the issue.
1-10 17:07
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Marc Perez Posted at 1-9 16:15
Hi I bought mine last week and same ax at issue . I’m about ready to return it and stick with the joystick 2 controller.  Please help

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Please upload a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. We will wait for your response. We appreciate your cooperation.
1-11 02:54
Use props
djiuser_I1OE1jvz4J4u
New
Flight distance : 136765 ft

India

I’m having the same issue. The motors won’t start using remote controller 2. The gimbals are working, and the camera records and stops but the motors just won’t start.

I have updated firmwares on the drone and remote controller using a laptop (DJI assistant 2 consumer drone series)

Please help me fix this problem.
3-13 20:46
Use props
Tuomas TAKEOFF
lvl.1

Finland

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-3-18 21:05
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We need to verify some details for a better understanding of the issue. May we ask if you're getting any specific error messages on the screen when you attempt to take off? Also, can you confirm if you are using the DJI Motion Controller or the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2? In what flight mode are you trying to launch? And lastly, how do you trigger takeoff? If possible, please post a short video showing the issue for confirmation. Thank you.

Hi, I have this same problem.

Motors won't start in manual mode. Motion controller works fine in all modes and the drone takes off as does FPV remote controller 2 in normal and sport mode. In manual mode i cannot start the motors with double, tripple pressing or pressing the start/stop button and holding with any combination. Also wont start pushing the sticks down and in. So simply put I cannot start the motors in manual mode at all.

I have downloaded the  newest firmware via the DJI flight app with usb cable and I also tried updating the controller, drone and goggles integra from my laptop. The goggles display "aircraft in low power state" and "battery capacity not updated for ext...". I have updated all batteries also inserting them to the drone one by one and both are fully charged. Nothing works. What should i do?
3-19 06:08
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tuomas TAKEOFF Posted at 3-19 06:08
Hi, I have this same problem.

Motors won't start in manual mode. Motion controller works fine in all modes and the drone takes off as does FPV remote controller 2 in normal and sport mode. In manual mode i cannot start the motors with double, tripple pressing or pressing the start/stop button and holding with any combination. Also wont start pushing the sticks down and in. So simply put I cannot start the motors in manual mode at all.

Hi there. To use the Manual mode, make to adjust the screw behind the throttle stick so that the trigger does not return to the center. You can find the adjustment method in the Manual which can be accessed through this URL https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf]User. After completing the adjustment, log into your DJI account and connect the goggles to the drone. In the goggles, go to Remote Controller Settings > Button Customization > Custom Mode > Manual Mode and set the Custom Mode of DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 to Manual Mode. Once the drone has searched for satellites and the GPS signal is strong, you can start using it normally. Have a great day!
3-20 03:14
Use props
djiuser_ZvazTzSs6dMZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1480974 ft
Belgium

Czesc podczas lotu wyskoczył mi komunikat o niski napięciu chociaż bateria miała 80% po chwili dostałem komunikat o zatrzymaniu silników  i avata spadła na ziemię następnie kod błędu esc error prosze o pomoc
4-1 10:20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules