14086 56 2023-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leo Guerra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3593022 ft
Brazil

Bashy Posted at 3-25 18:27
Fimi are just a low budget outfit, DJI will not see them as a threat anytime soon, and i will never buy one, not this decade anyway, not unless their quality seriously improves, dongle or no dongle, also thats for the X8 Pro, a large and heavy drone in comparison to the Mini 3 Pro, its more like an Air size but the weight is a fair bit more. Will the gimbal quality be the same as previous models, we will soon find out...

I respect your opinion and understand your point perfectly. What I am addressing is my need. What is my need? Make sure I won't lose signal where obviously 4g is present. We all know that Occusync still doesn't offer us that guarantee. I'm not here discussing or comparing DJI's qualities with FIMI because I agree with your analysis. I just disagree with your opinion regarding DJI not seeing FIMI as a threat. I understand that my market is still not representative for them like the Chinese or North American market for example. My point is that if I buy a FIMI and it meets my expectations and in the future my market becomes representative for DJI, I may never go back to them because I have my needs and satisfaction met. Regarding weight and width, I don't see them as a problem because they are compensated by the cost-effectiveness (I hope so). Anyway... I reiterate my respect for your opinion.
2023-3-25
Use props
Leo Guerra
lvl.4
Brazil

The Saint Posted at 3-25 16:15
I just received "official" information from www. secret drones 2024 .com that the new space shuttle drone will be able to fly to the moon and back using "optional" flux capacitor technology starting in early 2025 or later.  i just heard this from my cousin.  as a result, dji, please release all of your documentation and research on advanced flying skills and long-range lunar capabilities to the public internet for everybody and your competition to see and read all about it.  please divulge all of your plans so we can feel better that you are not losing ground or go out of business with your useless 21st century earth-bound drones.

of course this is total sarcasm completely exaggarated; sorry, i had to....

Good laughs with your post. Too bad they don't have the power to save companies from approaching the abyss they think doesn't exist.
2023-3-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Leo Guerra Posted at 3-25 20:17
Good laughs with your post. Too bad they don't have the power to save companies from approaching the abyss they think doesn't exist.

thank you, yes it was just for laughs.  dji once upon a time advertised something about 4g connectivity, too and so did a lot of other people.  but it's 2023 and we still live in a fantasy world and everything is forever in beta, it's a concept, limited service, prototype, or worse just a bad dream.  4g connectivity will never arrive for the masses in america for various reasons including our unwillingness to adopt some "chinese" tech and the laws are not ready for this.  by the time it's ready, 4g networks will be shutting down and turning off.  right now it's purely marketing, these drone manufacturers have no intention of delivering a product that everyone can enjoy.  they want their drones to stand out.  it won't happen until the carriers make it happen...or apple.  no drone manufacturer can do it alone, people will need a drone sim, a drone cellular plan, etc.  this will take years if not another decade.  why?  because nobody takes this seriously and no one is actually working on it seriously.  my opinion.  however, i am glad you were able to get in for awhile and hopefully you can regain those services.
2023-3-26
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-25 15:36
Hi, akozc. Currently, DJI Cellular Dongle is temporarily only available in China mainland. Thank you for your kind understanding.

many thanks for the clarification
2023-3-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 3-26 14:08
thank you, yes it was just for laughs.  dji once upon a time advertised something about 4g connectivity, too and so did a lot of other people.  but it's 2023 and we still live in a fantasy world and everything is forever in beta, it's a concept, limited service, prototype, or worse just a bad dream.  4g connectivity will never arrive for the masses in america for various reasons including our unwillingness to adopt some "chinese" tech and the laws are not ready for this.  by the time it's ready, 4g networks will be shutting down and turning off.  right now it's purely marketing, these drone manufacturers have no intention of delivering a product that everyone can enjoy.  they want their drones to stand out.  it won't happen until the carriers make it happen...or apple.  no drone manufacturer can do it alone, people will need a drone sim, a drone cellular plan, etc.  this will take years if not another decade.  why?  because nobody takes this seriously and no one is actually working on it seriously.  my opinion.  however, i am glad you were able to get in for awhile and hopefully you can regain those services.

Im not so sure, perhaps in the future RC will may well be over mobile networks as the primary connection for urban usage. Thats the way it should go i think, or perhaps a digital connection.
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

akozc Posted at 3-27 06:20
many thanks for the clarification

You're most welcome, akozc. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum.
2023-3-29
Use props
Basil Yokarinis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6210039 ft
Mexico

I recently bought one of the cellular modules for my mini 3 pro, and was sad to see that I waited too long to buy it, and now it won't work outside of China. I am in Mexico, and the dongle connect just fine when I put my telcel sim in it, but it won't allow the drone to connect to the remote unfortunately. I hope DJI decides to open it up again to work internationally, and just allow each individual country to decide if they'll allow it or not.
2023-4-27
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

FIMI X8 PRO will kill a lot of DJI drones, as it will be able to be used in city environment.
We already applied for distribution in Romania for FIMI, as this will be a serious competitor without NFZ and with SIM GSM transmission.
Not same software as DJI have, but a lot of people prefer a drone with serious connection between buildings then a drone with great software but BS transmission in CE.
2023-4-28
Use props
Leo Guerra
lvl.4
Brazil

New firmware being made available for the Dongle. Version 01.01.0109 But it seems to me that it is only available through DJI RC PRO. Has anyone with DJI RC been able to update? Hope it is returning with this update in locations outside China
2023-4-28
Use props
Eduardo Barboza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 709259 ft
Brazil

Leo Guerra Posted at 4-28 20:06
New firmware being made available for the Dongle. Version 01.01.0109 But it seems to me that it is only available through DJI RC PRO. Has anyone with DJI RC been able to update? Hope it is returning with this update in locations outside China[view_image]

Hi Leo,

I live in Rio de Janeiro... Received 2 dongles today and installed one on my RC Pro and the other I've made the test on my Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro. I'm using Vivo carrier with APN settings zap.vivo.com.br. I've also made the update V01.01.0109 on both modules using my RC Pro.

Before put on the drone, I've tested both modules on RC Pro to check if I could navigate on internet without my wi-fi... Yes, both modules allowed me to navigate...

But, unfortunately, no connection between the drone and the RC...
2023-5-6
Use props
Leo Guerra
lvl.4
Brazil

Eduardo Barboza Posted at 5-6 17:21
Hi Leo,

I live in Rio de Janeiro... Received 2 dongles today and installed one on my RC Pro and the other I've made the test on my Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro. I'm using Vivo carrier with APN settings zap.vivo.com.br. I've also made the update V01.01.0109 on both modules using my RC Pro.

Hello Eduardo,

Unfortunately the 4g connection is still in the testing phase according to DJI. It even worked in some countries outside of China including Brazil but was stopped by DJI recently. In your case only data reception on the RC Pro will work but without any connection with the drone. Remembering that the service can return at any time. I'm always testing and I'll let you know here on the forum if it works again.

If you are interested in reading my report about my experience with the Dongle, follow the link below:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-286665-1-1.html
2023-5-6
Use props
Ram85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 447841 ft
South Africa

Has there been any update on the dongle being usable outside of China?... If I had known about this limit I would not have bought it...
2023-6-6
Use props
djiuser_W6YTpC1mNqzg
New

Germany

Still no updates...
2023-8-24
Use props
Basil Yokarinis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6210039 ft
Mexico

It would be really great if this could work outside of China, or if someone discovered a way to hack it
2023-8-25
Use props
robcalvi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1052904 ft
  • >>>
Italy

djiuser_y0Cw0RPVva55 Posted at 2-24 16:51
Yes. 3 months using it without any problems. Steady green modem light and APN configured correctly. Just wanted to know if anyone else who uses it is having problems too

Hi djiuser_y0Cw0RPVva55,

I saw your response that you've been using the DJI 4G Cellular Enhanced Module for 3 months without issues. I just purchased this module and wanted to ask about how you got it set up.

Could you provide some details on the full process you used to get the module connected and working properly? Specifically:

- What SIM card and data plan are you using with it?

- What steps did you take to configure the APN settings correctly?

- Did you need to set up any VPN parameters in the drone app? If so, which screens did you use to enter the VPN info?

- Was there anything else required in terms of configuration or setup to get the cellular connection active?

I want to make sure I get the module fully operational so any details you can provide on your setup process would be very helpful. Please let me know if you have any tips! Thank you.
2023-10-6
Use props
Leo Guerra
lvl.4
Brazil

robcalvi Posted at 10-6 08:33
Hi djiuser_y0Cw0RPVva55,

I saw your response that you've been using the DJI 4G Cellular Enhanced Module for 3 months without issues. I just purchased this module and wanted to ask about how you got it set up.

Hello,

Unfortunately, the servers necessary for the service to function correctly are down around the world. Currently only available in China. I believe that the company is preparing to implement the service definitively as soon as the subscription fee and operating license in the countries in which it intends to offer the service are available.

In some countries around the world, like Brazil for example, it worked about 6 months ago and was interrupted by DJI claiming that the service was in the testing phase by its engineers.

When available, just insert the Dongle with your operator's chip into the drone. Check if the Dongle light is green and configure your operator's APN using DJI RC and device configuration.
Connect DJI RC to your wifi or a hotspot and enjoy.

It is worth remembering that if you need to operate using the 4G DONGLE, the HUBSAN brand drone.. model ACE 2 is working perfectly. At least here in Brazil.

Hope this helps.
2023-10-8
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Leo Guerra Posted at 10-8 14:28
Hello,

Unfortunately, the servers necessary for the service to function correctly are down around the world. Currently only available in China. I believe that the company is preparing to implement the service definitively as soon as the subscription fee and operating license in the countries in which it intends to offer the service are available.

Fimi X8 PRO also supports cellular connection. Never tried it myself though.
2023-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules