Lowest Cost High Speed SD Cards for the Avata and Goggles 2
4857 29 2023-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

So tell us your Lowest Cost High Speed SD Cards for the Avata and Goggles 2 that you OWN and is know to be working perfectly.

I find some of these are not avaialbe and some our super expensive. I wish they would have given specs such as write speed in MB/sec or something rather than make/model.

Limiting us to only these recommendations seems silly. Are there any better options out there? Cheaper or more available.
(Does DJI own stock in Kingston or what)?

Please only post cards you own and are known to work with Avata and Goggles 2 wihtout error about speed,etc. You  can post your make model for the last option in your reply. Please also include a link for purchase if you can.

I am looking for 128 (One for each drone and goggles) if I can afford it.

After what I paid for this drone I doubt I can and may have to reduce to 64G - time will tell.  But some of these 256 cards may require financing..........unreal.
Thanks to the community in avdvance for help!

• Recommended microSD Cards
  • SanDisk Extreme U3 V30 A1 32GB microSDXC
    SanDisk Extreme Pro U3 V30 A1 32GB microSDXC
    Kingston Canvas Go!Plus U3 V30 A2 64GB microSDXC
    Kingston Canvas React Plus U3 V90 A1 64GB microSDXC
    Kingston Canvas React Plus U3 V90 A1 128GB microSDXC
    Kingston Canvas React Plus U3 V90 A1 256GB microSDXC
    Samsung PRO Plus U3 V30 A2 256GB microSDXC

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 3 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
33.33% (1)
66.67% (2)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2023-2-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I like the Sandisk Extreme 256gb U3 A2 cards,   if you shop around you can pick them up for reasonable money.
2023-2-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-26 00:26
I like the Sandisk Extreme 256gb U3 A2 cards,   if you shop around you can pick them up for reasonable money.

I use SanDisk Extreme Pro Micro SDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 Memory Card (256GB)  in all my drones.  Never had an issue with SanDisk cards.  Keep an eye out as they go on sale quite often.  Right now they are 51% off on Amazon and they are from the SanDisk store not a 3rd party seller.  

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Micro-UHS-I-Memory/dp/B07G3JCG8Z?th=1  
SanDisk.jpg
2023-2-26
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

ok, so this is awesome  - Thank you both and the fact I can now afford a 256G Card is awesome! Thanks again!
2023-2-26
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-26 00:26

Thank you again, and DANG! 61 Million feet flight time - you must use automation
2023-2-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-26 06:01
I use SanDisk Extreme Pro Micro SDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 Memory Card (256GB)  in all my drones.  Never had an issue with SanDisk cards.  Keep an eye out as they go on sale quite often.  Right now they are 51% off on Amazon and they are from the SanDisk store not a 3rd party seller.  

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Micro-UHS-I-Memory/dp/B07G3JCG8Z?th=1

Thats exactly the cards I use DT,  in fact had a new one show up yesterday to roll into the cycle.
2023-2-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nitro-Tom Posted at 2-26 07:47
Thank you again, and DANG! 61 Million feet flight time - you must use automation

No Probs Nitro,    sadly I dont use automations. most of those are on the Mini 3 Pro.   

There's some free software called h2testw which you can use to test new memory cards.  
2023-2-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-26 23:39
Thats exactly the cards I use DT,  in fact had a new one show up yesterday to roll into the cycle.

I just bought two more while they were on sale.  SanDisk cards have always worked without a flaw for me.  
2023-2-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-27 04:24
I just bought two more while they were on sale.  SanDisk cards have always worked without a flaw for me.

I picked up a cheap one the other day and then ran the H2wtest tool on it to be sure it was good.
2023-2-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-27 05:20
I picked up a cheap one the other day and then ran the H2wtest tool on it to be sure it was good.

I always avoid eBay when buying SD cards as I got burnt there a couple of times over the years.  I either get them from Amazon or BestBuy now.
2023-2-27
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-27 12:25
I always avoid eBay when buying SD cards as I got burnt there a couple of times over the years.  I either get them from Amazon or BestBuy now.

Agreed. I am loving Best Buy Curb side pickup.
2023-2-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-27 12:25

In general I felt the same until the scandal with the sandisk cards.   Now I have a seller I go to that so far hasn't let me down and is a very good price.  256gb for the price of 128gb.    I just run the test for peace of mind but I would have done that from amazon too.
2023-2-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Nitro-Tom Posted at 2-27 18:33
Agreed. I am loving Best Buy Curb side pickup.

Curb side pickup is super convenient.  
2023-2-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-28 00:38
In general I felt the same until the scandal with the sandisk cards.   Now I have a seller I go to that so far hasn't let me down and is a very good price.  256gb for the price of 128gb.    I just run the test for peace of mind but I would have done that from amazon too.

Trust me, I test every card whether from BestBuy or Amazon.  
2023-2-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-28 05:49
Trust me, I test every card whether from BestBuy or Amazon.

Exactly.  Nothing to loose.
2023-2-28
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

San Disk Extreme Pro 256GB for the Avata. Never an issue over the years. Technology pushes our memory hard!
2023-2-28
Use props
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

KLRSKIR Posted at 2-28 08:54
San Disk Extreme Pro 256GB for the Avata. Never an issue over the years. Technology pushes our memory hard! [view_image]

I see you have 400GB and 512GB cards in your collection. Do they work well in Avata?
2023-2-28
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

You guys are the best - I have (2) of the SanDisk Extreme Pro Micro SDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 Memory Card (256GB)  recommended by Downtown,,,,,,here in 24 hours by Amazon (unreal) and they are formatted and have 2 or 3 videos downloaded and working like a charm and no errors.....and they were way less money then I ever thought I would get away with......NIce job!!!!!  

I am like did I get a bigger screen? oh yeah its no Storage errors and not near an airport........I was going to post a pic of my (2) little cards but after seeing KLRSKIR's case I am still trying to process that......its like minor surgery getting this card in and out of the Avata....Still waiting on a 90 Degree connector so that card I stuck in today shall stay put till its dead I am not taking it out.......

that case for all your microSD cards is awesome!
2023-2-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-28 05:53
Exactly.  Nothing to loose.

I did have to return one 512GB card to BestBuy as it wouldn't format or be read.  The Geek Squad tested it in the store and couldn't get it to work either.  They were out of 512GB cards so they gave me two 256GB cards.
2023-3-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-1 04:50
I did have to return one 512GB card to BestBuy as it wouldn't format or be read.  The Geek Squad tested it in the store and couldn't get it to work either.  They were out of 512GB cards so they gave me two 256GB cards.

I find the 256GB cards are the sweet spot for me.   I can get a good few months worth of recoding on them and that give me plenty of time for copies to be made and backed up etc.
2023-3-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-1 05:26
I find the 256GB cards are the sweet spot for me.   I can get a good few months worth of recoding on them and that give me plenty of time for copies to be made and backed up etc.

You're 100% right about that being the sweet spot.  Nice that that size seems to go on sale quite often.  
2023-3-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-1 13:24
You're 100% right about that being the sweet spot.  Nice that that size seems to go on sale quite often.

One downside I discovered this morning is that when the. date doesn't update on the controller you end top up with a bit of a muddle of files to sort out.    First time thats happened to me,   todays flights are under yesterdays date. but the correct times.  
2023-3-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-2 00:08
One downside I discovered this morning is that when the. date doesn't update on the controller you end top up with a bit of a muddle of files to sort out.    First time thats happened to me,   todays flights are under yesterdays date. but the correct times.

Wow, bet that was a real mess to fix.  That's a good reminder to  me though to always check the controller for the proper date.  
2023-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-2 04:09
Wow, bet that was a real mess to fix.  That's a good reminder to  me though to always check the controller for the proper date.

Funny think was Id actually checked the time on it this morning and it was right,    just so strange that all the logs and photos had yesterdays date.   Of course by the time I realised the date on it was right as it time synced over the Internet.  
2023-3-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-2 04:32
Funny think was Id actually checked the time on it this morning and it was right,    just so strange that all the logs and photos had yesterdays date.   Of course by the time I realised the date on it was right as it time synced over the Internet.

That is a bit strange for sure.
2023-3-2
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

celltx Posted at 2-28 09:13
I see you have 400GB and 512GB cards in your collection. Do they work well in Avata?

I only use 256GB cards in the Avata so I really don't know.
2023-3-2
Use props
benkly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1131647 ft
Germany

KLRSKIR Posted at 2023-2-28 08:54
San Disk Extreme Pro 256GB for the Avata. Never an issue over the years. Technology pushes our memory hard! [view_image]

I have one of these Sandisk Extreme Pro 512GB left and anted to put it into my Goggles 2, but it doesn't even recognize it. Maybe 512GB cards doesn't work in DJI stuff?
But I use a Samsung EVO Select 512GB in my Mini 4 Pro and it works well. Kind of silly, is it cause the Mini 4 Pro has a newer SD Controller?
2-24 11:39
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

benkly Posted at 2-24 11:39
I have one of these Sandisk Extreme Pro 512GB left and anted to put it into my Goggles 2, but it doesn't even recognize it. Maybe 512GB cards doesn't work in DJI stuff?
But I use a Samsung EVO Select 512GB in my Mini 4 Pro and it works well. Kind of silly, is it cause the Mini 4 Pro has a newer SD Controller?

That's a good question. If you look at all of the DJI product specs from over the years it seems that the "recommended" cards changes a lot of the time.
2-25 03:48
Use props
benkly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1131647 ft
Germany

KLRSKIR Posted at 2-25 03:48
That's a good question. If you look at all of the DJI product specs from over the years it seems that the "recommended" cards changes a lot of the time.

I think it's something with my card. I just had a look what card I have in the RC2 and saw it is a amazon basic 512GB card. I put this into the goggles and it worked. So mabe the card is faulty. I now ordered 2 of the SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB, should be enough for some screen-recording for the goggles, even for the avata itself.
2-25 14:29
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

benkly Posted at 2-25 14:29
I think it's something with my card. I just had a look what card I have in the RC2 and saw it is a amazon basic 512GB card. I put this into the goggles and it worked. So mabe the card is faulty. I now ordered 2 of the SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB, should be enough for some screen-recording for the goggles, even for the avata itself.

Yep, you should be good to go for a while.
2-26 02:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules