How to Clean Drone Camera??
2575 9 2023-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PixelPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

I've noticed dust and smudges building up on my drone camera. What is the best way to clean this off without damaging the gimbal?
2023-2-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use an air puffer to blow off any dust particles on the lens and it also cleans the gimbal and surrounding area at the same time.  If you need to remove a fingerprint or anything oily, distilled water on a lint free swab works also, but first blow off any loose particles.  A clean microfiber wipe works well also.  The other option is to buy a lens cleaning kit off of Amazon.  
2023-2-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PixelPro. Thank you for reaching out. It is recommended to clean it with a clean glasses/lens cloth and blow on it slightly to remove the dust and smudges.
2023-2-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use a q tip and some isopropyl alcohol.  
2023-2-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-26 00:10

So does isopropyl alcohol work good for you?  Just asking as in the User Manual for my Pentax DSLR it says to not use isopropyl alcohol on the lens.  They recommend Air puffer and microfiber clothing only.  
2023-2-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-26 04:41
So does isopropyl alcohol work good for you?  Just asking as in the User Manual for my Pentax DSLR it says to not use isopropyl alcohol on the lens.  They recommend Air puffer and microfiber clothing only.

Seems fine,   Ive seen other manuals state not to use it as there is a coating on the glass,  but these lens dont seem to have that and I usually use one that is 30% diluted.    although that said its only after being caught in the rain that Ive ever needed to clean it.
2023-2-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-26 05:04
Seems fine,   Ive seen other manuals state not to use it as there is a coating on the glass,  but these lens dont seem to have that and I usually use one that is 30% diluted.    although that said its only after being caught in the rain that Ive ever needed to clean it.

I found that for any smudges distilled water and a lint free swab works wonders.  I'll keep the isopropyl in mind in case I get a bad smudge that the water will not take off.
2023-2-26
Use props
djiuser_EmGCzo5nfdSY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1281555 ft
India

DAFlys Posted at 2-26 00:10

Why my drone has got some dirts blurry and not get cleaning
2023-8-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_EmGCzo5nfdSY Posted at 8-21 06:38

What have you tried to clean it ?
2023-8-21
Use props
BetterBizTech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4520538 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_EmGCzo5nfdSY Posted at 8-21 06:38

I only use water or lens cleaning fluid on a lens cloth. Every lens has a fine coating on it and anything harsh can damage that coating.
2023-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules