Brand new battery grips charge but do not hold the charge on RS2.
1075 10 2023-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jahanshah
lvl.1
United States

Greetings all.
2 years ago I had to get rid of my perfectly working ronin M due to batteries not charging!  I couldn't find new batteries for it so I had to cough up money for a new RS2.  I used it on three shoots and then didn't use it for about 10 months.  When I went back to use it the battery wouldn't stay on even though it indicated 2 bars (that would turn off after 4 seconds).  So I charged it to 4 full bars.  The same thing.  Now it shows 4 bars but won't stay on to power the gimbal.  So I ordered a new battery for just over $100.  The same thing.  Started with 2 bars, and wouldn't stay on, after fully charging it to 4 bars, it still wouldn't stay on!  So I returned that battery and got another one.  Exactly the same results. I know how to push the power button twice to keep them on but it is not doing it.
Please let me know what's going on with this.  I'm not going to get a new gimbal every 20 months.  DJI you need to get in on this.  Any recommendations from anyone?  
Thanks.
2023-2-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. May we know if you have send the gimbal together back for further testing?
2023-2-26
Use props
Jahanshah
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for your reply.  No, I haven't because the battery when fully charged won't even stay on.  Three of them do the same thing!  I know how dji batteries work as far as pressing them twice.  when I. press it, it comes on with 4 bars (green lights) then 3 seconds later the lights go out and nothing happens.  Please let me know what I need to do.  I'm pretty sure it's a battery thing.  I bought a Ronin M 3 years ago and then both batteries died and there were no batteries to be found so I had to purchase a new gimbal (RS2).   This is incredibly frustrating and costly!.
2023-2-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Jahanshah Posted at 2-26 18:05
Thank you for your reply.  No, I haven't because the battery when fully charged won't even stay on.  Three of them do the same thing!  I know how dji batteries work as far as pressing them twice.  when I. press it, it comes on with 4 bars (green lights) then 3 seconds later the lights go out and nothing happens.  Please let me know what I need to do.  I'm pretty sure it's a battery thing.  I bought a Ronin M 3 years ago and then both batteries died and there were no batteries to be found so I had to purchase a new gimbal (RS2).   This is incredibly frustrating and costly!.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please record a video for us?
Note: please reply to us by clicking the button below so that we can receive the notification and reply to you as soon as possible.
2023-2-27
Use props
Jahanshah
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-27 02:43
Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please record a video for us?
Note: please reply to us by clicking the button below so that we can receive the notification and reply to you as soon as possible.

It gives me message when I try to upload the video I shot of the two battery grips.

Sorry, we currently only support JPEG|GIF|JPG|PNG files, please choose the right format and upload again.

Suggestions?  And thanks again for following up.  
2023-2-27
Use props
Jahanshah
lvl.1
United States

I uploaded it to the cloud and you can view the video here:

https://mega.nz/file/SF8QTaRL#DoQ50vlYWJbE3gkz7SfDxOwX0DXxN-_Mkj-nKzo2VuA

I look forward to your reply.
Thank you very much.
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

We are sorry that this link is not accessible from my side. Would you please upload it to this link?
https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/mGnxxPs6DagaTTk
2023-2-28
Use props
Jahanshah
lvl.1
United States

Thank you.  I just uploaded the video which shows 2 of the grips that turn off rather quickly after they show they are charged.  Even when you do the double press.
2023-2-28
Use props
Jahanshah
lvl.1
United States

Hello.  Did you receive the video I uploaded a couple of days ago?  Hopefully, it shows how it just turns off shortly after showing how charged it is.  I look forward to your reply.
Thank you very much
Jahanshah
2023-3-1
Use props
Jahanshah
lvl.1
United States

Hello!  Did you guys receive the video I sent you?  Any updates on the situation please?
Thank you very much
Jahanshah
2023-3-2
Use props
Jahanshah
lvl.1
United States

Hello.  Any updates, please?
Thank you.
2023-3-6
Use props
Advanced