Battery misunderstanding!
783 21 2023-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans707d29ff
lvl.2

Japan

Hello guys. Somebody please clear up this confusion in my head. I have read up about battery storage and understand in general circumstances batteries are best stored at about 65% if I am correct. I understand if they are low on charge they should be charged up to this level for storage.
But what I don't understand is why they cant be stored at 100% when they are set up to auto discharge to the correct storage after 1 day! I can understand why storing them at 100% continuously is a bad idea but surely if they are put away at 100% and they discharge to the correct storage after 1 day where lies the problem?!
Is the heat given off whilst discharging over 1 day a serious danger?
Thanks for any help!

2023-2-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know which product you are using?
Generally, the maintenance suggestions given are based on the nature of the battery.
2023-2-25
Use props
fans707d29ff
lvl.2

South Korea

Hi, it’s a Mavic pro
Thanks
2023-2-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans707d29ff Posted at 2-25 22:49
Hi, it’s a Mavic pro
Thanks

The Auto-discharge logic of each model is different.
Overcharging batteries will curtail and do harm to battery life, so we do not recommend storing batteries over 60%.  If your battery would be idle for a relatively long time, please discharge the battery manually to avoid the issue.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tery+Safety+Guides+(EN).pdf
2023-2-25
Use props
fans707d29ff
lvl.2

South Korea

Thank you for your reply. But surely if the battery is set to discharge after 1 day where is the problem? Can I not reply on the automatic discharge function?!
Many thanks
2023-2-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans707d29ff Posted at 2-26 00:05
Thank you for your reply. But surely if the battery is set to discharge after 1 day where is the problem? Can I not reply on the automatic discharge function?!
Many thanks

The battery will automatically discharge to 65% one day later than the time you set.
If the time you set is the first day, then the battery will begin auto-discharging on the second day and discharge the battery to 65% in 2 days. That is, your battery will be discharged to 65% in three days.
While discharging, any operation on the battery (such as pressing once or pressing and holding the Power button) will interrupt and stop the discharging process. Then, the time for starting auto-discharging will be recalculated based on the auto-discharging time set in the app.
The issue lies in the days after the battery is discharged to 65%. When the battery automatically discharges to 65% battery level, it starts slowly discharging at 0.18%. In addition, after the battery discharges to 20%, it will enter shutdown mode for a long period of time with a power consumption rate of 0.04%.
Theoretically, you can rely on the auto-discharge function but we hope users maintain the battery at 60% or so in the idle days and it requires you manually check and pay attention to it in daily use.
2023-2-26
Use props
fans707d29ff
lvl.2

South Korea

Thank you .Is the heat discharge a problem whilst discharging in a lithium bag?
If the heat isn’t a problem,  to be honest I really don’t see the problem with storing the batteries I haven’t used that day at a 100% because as you state the auto discharge will begin after 1 day.
Am I right?!
2023-2-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans707d29ff Posted at 2-26 02:08
Thank you .Is the heat discharge a problem whilst discharging in a lithium bag?
If the heat isn’t a problem,  to be honest I really don’t see the problem with storing the batteries I haven’t used that day at a 100% because as you state the auto discharge will begin after 1 day.
Am I right?!

May we know what kind of lithium bag?
2023-2-26
Use props
fans707d29ff
lvl.2

South Korea

non DJI bag
2023-2-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

A slight heat during discharging is normal.
The point is that the overcharging battery will lead to cell damage. Also, the most important is how to maintain the battery at around 60% when it is idle.   
The auto-discharge function helps you discharge the battery but the battery will keep consuming. After the battery discharges to 20%, it will enter shutdown mode for a long period of time with a power consumption rate of 0.04%.
That will damage the battery life if it is stored without use for a long time.
Assuming that you just leave the battery not used for one day, you can charge it to 100% for the next day's activity.
Our suggestion given is based on the battery nature. You can refer to the Battery Safety Guide:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tery+Safety+Guides+(EN).pdf
2023-2-26
Use props
fans707d29ff
lvl.2

South Korea

Thanks for all your help
2023-2-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans707d29ff Posted at 2-26 20:25
Thanks for all your help

You are most welcome.
2023-2-26
Use props
fans707d29ff
lvl.2

South Korea

Hi.
As you were so helpful I was wondering if you could help
Me with one more question!
So I have DJI Goggles v1 and a Mavic pro.
I know that if I record in 4k on the goggles, I can only view in 720.
What I was wondering is….. If I record on the Mavic via my iPad and not on the Google’s. Then can I view in 4 k live view and also record in 4k on the Mavic ?
Thanks so much
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans707d29ff Posted at 2-27 03:43
Hi.
As you were so helpful I was wondering if you could help
Me with one more question!

Mavic Pro has three image transmission modes on DJI GO 4 App: Normal HD and Smooth.
Resolution is 720p 30fps, 1080p 30fps, 720p60fps
2023-2-28
Use props
fans707d29ff
lvl.2

Japan

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-28 01:21
Mavic Pro has three image transmission modes on DJI GO 4 App: Normal HD and Smooth.
Resolution is 720p 30fps, 1080p 30fps, 720p60fps

Sorry I am confused. Mavic pro can transmit in 4k cant it?
2023-2-28
Use props
fans707d29ff
lvl.2

South Korea

Sorry, I am confused. Mavic pro can transmit in 4k cant it?  And please be as kind as to answer the question regarding recording on the Mavic pro in 4k and transmitting in the goggles.
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans707d29ff Posted at 2-28 01:56
Sorry I am confused. Mavic pro can transmit in 4k cant it?

The video feed resolution on the DJI Goggles differs from the one on the DJI GO 4 APP.
Mavic Pro's transmission resolution of aircraft does not equal to the record resolution.
The transmission mode has restricted the image transmission resolution to 1080p and 720p.
2023-2-28
Use props
fans707d29ff
lvl.2

South Korea

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-28 02:19
The video feed resolution on the DJI Goggles differs from the one on the DJI GO 4 APP.
Mavic Pro's transmission resolution of aircraft does not equal to the record resolution.
The transmission mode has restricted the image transmission resolution to 1080p and 720p.

Thank you for kindly explaining that.
But I am unclear if I can view in the goggles t the highest quality and record on the Mavic at the highest possible rate. I want to record at 4k flight on the mavic(not the goggles) and view on the goggles at 1080. Is that possible. Or when recording at 4k do the goggles only transmit at 720.
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans707d29ff Posted at 2-28 02:51
Thank you for kindly explaining that.
But I am unclear if I can view in the goggles t the highest quality and record on the Mavic at the highest possible rate. I want to record at 4k flight on the mavic(not the goggles) and view on the goggles at 1080. Is that possible. Or when recording at 4k do the goggles only transmit at 720.

The highest resolution for Mavic pro image transmission is 1080p. However, under 1080p, the video resolution can only be set at  2.7k/30fps and 1080p/30fps;
As for the Live mode of DJI Goggles, it only supports 1080p30fps, and 720p 30/60fps.
2023-3-1
Use props
fans707d29ff
lvl.2

South Korea

Still doesn’t answer my question. I give up!
2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans707d29ff Posted at 3-1 14:31
Still doesn’t answer my question. I give up!

Sorry for the belated reply and we hope the following details will help you with this problem better:

Normally, users can not record a 4K resolution video on the Mavic Pro (not the goggles) and view the goggles at 1080 at the same time. The HD mode consumes some resources and doesn't support 4K resolution and some high frame rates. We are sincerely sorry for your inconvenience.

Here are our suggestions for your reference:
1. When you want to record a 4K resolution video, you can select the normal mode in the image transmission settings.
2. If you want to view the goggles at 1080, you can choose HD mode in the image transmission settings.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know here.
Thanks for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience caused again.

2023-3-2
Use props
fans707d29ff
lvl.2

South Korea

Thank you!
2023-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules