Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does your Avata make a tiny noise if you shake it side to side?
1025 17 2023-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

Does your Avata make a tiny noise if you shake it side to side?
Mine is new, with about 22 flights on it, Zero crashes.

When there is not battery in it with the camera cover on if you shake it can you hear something loose inside?

Mine sound like a ferite bead is able to move around or something. Maybe just a stray piece of plastic.

Not sure just wondering if anyone else has this?

2023-2-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Nitro-Tom. Thanks for reaching out. Kindly post a short video where the sound is audible so we can confirm it for you. We'll be waiting for your update. Have a nice day!
2023-2-26
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

Video of the noise - shaking drone syndrome!
2023-2-27
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

Nitro-Tom Posted at 2-27 04:34

I got $100 bucks says that is a ferrite bead not glued down inside?

1 - Is there a ferrite bead in the build? (On the parts list)

2 - If I am right what do I win? A fly more pack?
2023-2-27
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine does not have a loose piece.
2023-2-27
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 2-27 05:59

ok, so mine has had this and it does not seem to affect flight. Think I can safely leave it?

My basic rules are don't fix what is not broken.

I will wait and see what DJI has to say......Thanks for checking!
2023-2-27
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very welcome. Rotate it slowly and see if you can isolate where it is coming from. Really, there is not much to the aircraft "internally."
2023-2-27
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 2-27 06:57
Very welcome. Rotate it slowly and see if you can isolate where it is coming from. Really, there is not much to the aircraft "internally."

I know right - its a tiny flying circuit board really which is why i DO NOT want to take it apart......Not a thing and I am getting my FPV controller STAT so I am stoked about that........waiting for DJI to weight in, in the mean time keeping this baby low and slow
2023-2-27
Use props
fans17c4995b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like a loose screw.  
2023-2-27
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

fans17c4995b Posted at 2-27 09:46
Sounds like a loose screw.

I was thinking about that - in which case I should.........(your thoughts)????

I am guessing they will make me send it in as it is under warranty?

It looks easy to disassemble and the upper frame replacement looks cake as well.

You ever take this apart? (I am watching videos now)

hmmmm
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nitro-Tom Posted at 2-27 04:34

Thanks for the update. We have forwarded it for confirmation. We'll keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-2-28
Use props
fans17c4995b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nitro-Tom Posted at 2-27 18:42
I was thinking about that - in which case I should.........(your thoughts)????

I am guessing they will make me send it in as it is under warranty?

I would remove the prop guard and check it out. Make sure to remove the microsd card when removing the prop guard. Propellers removed also make it easier. It’s a bit intimidating the first time but after doing a few times it’s easy.
2023-2-28
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

fans17c4995b Posted at 2-28 10:59
I would remove the prop guard and check it out. Make sure to remove the microsd card when removing the prop guard. Propellers removed also make it easier. It’s a bit intimidating the first time but after doing a few times it’s easy.

I flew it once today - I am reviewing it (Sort of) in another thread. I am waiting on DJI at this point, due to it being brand new they may get first crack at it. I have watched a few tear down videos, the stuff is small.

Still curious what it can be. I am very interested and if DJI gets it back they are going to have to promise to disclose what's up

Stay tuned...
2023-2-28
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-28 01:40
Thanks for the update. We have forwarded it for confirmation. We'll keep you posted. Thank you.

Cool, I used to work for a word wide commercial electronics manufacture and we once found a loose M&M inside one of our devices - so I want to know what we find when we find it please

I have seen a few tear downs of these devices and I am not seeing a lot of opportunity for what I have to occur and it does not seem to affect operation in any way - so I am interested and await your reply.

Thanks again in advance.  
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nitro-Tom Posted at 2-28 18:15
Cool, I used to work for a word wide commercial electronics manufacture and we once found a loose M&M inside one of our devices - so I want to know what we find when we find it please

I have seen a few tear downs of these devices and I am not seeing a lot of opportunity for what I have to occur and it does not seem to affect operation in any way - so I am interested and await your reply.

You are most welcome. Kindly check if the following are loose or detached:
1. Check if the battery is firmly attached;
2. Check if any screws on the motors are loose;
3. Check if the cover of the SD card slot is detached.
If none of these parts are affecting it, we recommend you send the drone back for further checking. You may submit an Online Repair Request, or contact our Customer Support for more details. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-28
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

thanks I will close down this thread - FYI I am not sending this back as I just got my controller and there is nothing wrong - other than the noise - so thanks for the insight and if things change I will submit a request.
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nitro-Tom Posted at 3-2 11:12
thanks I will close down this thread - FYI I am not sending this back as I just got my controller and there is nothing wrong - other than the noise - so thanks for the insight and if things change I will submit a request.

You are welcome, and we respect your decision. Please don't hesitate to reach us back if you need further assistance. Stay safe.
2023-3-2
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

2023-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules