Drone bound to another account
4227 35 2023-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Georgero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39 ft
United States

DJI you become a pain in the butt. For years and years, you don't have problems with people who bought your products and resale or repaired them, and still no problems for example with Mavic 2 pro or others in that category and others before. But suddenly you decided to implement this BS because you see it hurts the sales figures. Do not BS us now you suddenly care about people who lost their drones due to flying away that is a bogus argument as well as the one when you say you can not reset those drones to be able to be used again. You can tell that to people who have no clue about software engineering but not to me.
You have all the data on your servers and you can make them as new if the buyer sends the drone to you for a fee. You not going to do that I know, because your sales will be affected and you are greedy and mad especially now when you see you lost the bid with the US government. Now you look for ways to rip off the consumer side by implementing these rules with locking accounts. Let's do it right. Allow people who bought these drones secondhand to send them to you with the proof of purchase from whatever website they bought them charge them a fee and make them as new. I hope you will change your mind because in this way you will lose more than you gain.
2023-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Georgero, we are sorry if there is any inconvenience caused to you. Please be advised that the binding account is for protecting the owner's benefit. If the original owner wants to sell the drone, they can unbind the drone from their account, and the buyer can then bind the drone to their account, and in this case, the drone will enjoy the service that it remains. I see your point and will take note of it. Thank you for your attention.
2023-2-26
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
United States

I am sorry but seems no one gets the point here. Even Amazon /B&H/Adorama and others sell these locked drones without knowing who is the original owner and then they are surprised when the buyer wants to return the drone to them because of this problem DJI created in the first place. My question was why did they decide to do this now? For years and years, they sold drones and didn't have these policies in place. Now from nowhere, they care about protecting the (owner's benefits). WOW. What does that mean? Until now they can not protect the owner's property? They easily can contact the owners if I give them the serial number and provide proof I bought it legit, give the owners 30 days to respond, and if they not responding release the freaking drone to the one who bought it and has proof. Many retailers are not thieves. I guess is not that hard. The thing is no one there cares because as I said it will hurt their pockets.
All of you here give me a statistic on how many drones are stolen in a year and how many are crashed and sold in auctions around the country. I bought junk pallets and found 10- 20 crashed drones inside how in the world I can find those owners? But you in your madness sustain the idea I should contact the previous owner and ask him /her to remove the drone from their accounts. This is the most ridiculous thing I see on this forum. And is not only one who sustains this stupid idea. I am more surprised when I see admins who say the same thing. Are you reading the people's comments?
2023-2-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wish they had brought the account binding in sooner,  having had drones stolen I would love to know they couldnt be used.
2023-2-27
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-27 00:00
I wish they had brought the account binding in sooner,  having had drones stolen I would love to know they couldnt be used.

I knew you will come here too. OK 1 case, anybody else?  You are definitely paid by DJI.
You don't even read my posts and you coming here with your bogus argument to raise your voice just because your butt is sour. Who knows if even your drone was stolen? Maybe was your negligence who knows?
2023-2-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Georgero Posted at 2-27 03:26
I knew you will come here too. OK 1 case, anybody else?  You are definitely paid by DJI.
You don't even read my posts and you coming here with your bogus argument to raise your voice just because your butt is sour. Who knows if even your drone was stolen? Maybe was your negligence who knows?

Sadly the drone was stolen in Italy where the criminals there have a scam where they hire some of the cars from the airport and install a tracker and get keys cut for it.   They then track the car and when they see it in certain carparks they empty the cars.     

I reported it here when it happened as I hoped that DJI could block the serials - You can see that post here - https://forum.dji.com/thread-192512-1-1.html
2023-2-27
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
United States

I am sorry for your loss but you still don't get it on what I am saying. Did I say anywhere in my posts DJI should release the stolen drones? No, If is reported as stolen keep it blocked I don't care, anyway they still can be sold as parts. The thieves don't care if is sold as a working one or for parts they want the money. What I am saying and (maybe you will get it this time ) if I have proof of purchase and no one reported it as stolen why they should keep it blocked? This part doesn't make any sense to me.
2023-2-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Georgero Posted at 2-27 04:19
I am sorry for your loss but you still don't get it on what I am saying. Did I say anywhere in my posts DJI should release the stolen drones? No, If is reported as stolen keep it blocked I don't care, anyway they still can be sold as parts. The thieves don't care if is sold as a working one or for parts they want the money. What I am saying and (maybe you will get it this time ) if I have proof of purchase and no one reported it as stolen why they should keep it blocked? This part doesn't make any sense to me.

How would they know if it wasnt stolen.    They do this so that the owner has control who can use the product,  in the case of flyaways DJI replace the drone and dont want the drone found and used.

Also if you want to reply use the reply button under the post as you keep replying to yourself.  
2023-2-27
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-27 06:41
How would they know if it wasnt stolen.    They do this so that the owner has control who can use the product,  in the case of flyaways DJI replace the drone and dont want the drone found and used.

Also if you want to reply use the reply button under the post as you keep replying to yourself.

I am tired to tell you to read my comments. But because your anger you become blind and keep saying none sense. Move on brother life is short no need to lamenting all your life now. ... happens to anyone. This will be my last replay to you. I want to hear others opinions too. Read read and open your eyes.leave behind the past.
2023-2-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Georgero Posted at 2-27 07:16
I am tired to tell you to read my comments. But because your anger you become blind and keep saying none sense. Move on brother life is short no need to lamenting all your life now. ... happens to anyone. This will be my last replay to you. I want to hear others opinions too. Read read and open your eyes.leave behind the past.

Firstly Im not angry,    Secondly I did read your comments,   what you dont seem to except is that you cant proof they were sold legitimately.  If those drones were flyaways that were found and sold the seller did not own them to sell them and the activation lock is doing its job.    If you bought it letigatly you can contact the seller to unbind them.   

Also DJI has reached out to original owners via the serial number to request they are unbound from the accounts.
2023-2-27
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
United States

One more time. Like right now I am biding on few pallets from these thieves at Best Buy. If I win the auction, I am expecting to have in those pallets at least 15 returned drones damaged or not depends.Now you smart guy here how do I contact each owner of the 15 drones to ask them to unlock the freaking drones from their accounts. I have to explain to you like I do for a 3rd grader because I see you keep not undestanding. I said contact the owners if they do not respond or they didn't report them as stolen or fly away in 30 days release the drone for others to enjoy them. What  is so hard to understand?  Arr you 12 or what?
Now I have to go to steal some drones.
2023-2-27
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

The flyaway feature is a good setting, especially when a drone is stollen.
2023-2-27
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
United States

PixelPro Posted at 2-27 18:27
The flyaway feature is a good setting, especially when a drone is stollen.

Is called fly away protection (if you buy it) The thing is if your drone decide to fly away from you, you never going to find it anyway. They have to give you a new one. In this case you win. If someone find the one you lost why you call it a thief that person didn't steal anything from you.  
2023-2-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Georgero Posted at 2-27 08:04
One more time. Like right now I am biding on few pallets from these thieves at Best Buy. If I win the auction, I am expecting to have in those pallets at least 15 returned drones damaged or not depends.Now you smart guy here how do I contact each owner of the 15 drones to ask them to unlock the freaking drones from their accounts. I have to explain to you like I do for a 3rd grader because I see you keep not undestanding. I said contact the owners if they do not respond or they didn't report them as stolen or fly away in 30 days release the drone for others to enjoy them. What  is so hard to understand?  Arr you 12 or what?
Now I have to go to steal some drones.

As you know the risk that these are potentially locked out adjust how much you bid for them and assume they are only good for parts.
2023-2-28
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-28 01:09
As you know the risk that these are potentially locked out adjust how much you bid for them and assume they are only good for parts.

This is like a lottery. On the pallets are many things included. I bid only on pallets with electronics and the chance is in 3 pallets for example can be 15 -20 drones. Sometimes they put a list of what is inside but they never give you the exact amount of each item. Can be only 1 drone in one pallet. Depends on what you buy. If you buy Junk pallets there is not much chance to find good ones but if you buy pallets with returned Items that are more expensive, the chances are higher. Sometimes I make more money selling the parts from a drone than selling as a whole.
2023-2-28
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Georgero Posted at 2-27 18:47
Is called fly away protection (if you buy it) The thing is if your drone decide to fly away from you, you never going to find it anyway. They have to give you a new one. In this case you win. If someone find the one you lost why you call it a thief that person didn't steal anything from you.

Good point, but its always the seller's responsibility to unbind the drone.
2023-2-28
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

I’m so pleased they added this.   I Hope it deters people from stealing my drone like people don’t steal iPhones anymore
2023-3-20
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
United States

Prezzodrone Posted at 3-20 11:05
I’m so pleased they added this.   I Hope it deters people from stealing my drone like people don’t steal iPhones anymore

Don't worry they still make money from it selling them for parts. I don't think will matter to them if they can sell it as a whole or for parts. They want something from it. I see now are some guys exploiting the firmware and they can bind them to a different controller and you can use them if you do not upgrade the firmware to the new one. So what is the benefit of this? None.
2023-3-20
Use props
djiuser_lY39nDqIOykm
New

United States

Georgero Posted at 2-27 07:16
I am tired to tell you to read my comments. But because your anger you become blind and keep saying none sense. Move on brother life is short no need to lamenting all your life now. ... happens to anyone. This will be my last replay to you. I want to hear others opinions too. Read read and open your eyes.leave behind the past.

I understand what he's saying i got my mini 2 from Amazon had it for a couple months but i just went to connect it to my account to it today just to find out it's already connect to someone's account
2023-3-21
Use props
bennori
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79009 ft

Austria

Today, I bought a drone that was registered on someone else's account, but when I brought it to his attention, the man deleted his account and I registered the drone on my own account. I don't see why that's a problem unless you're interested in some drones that belong to someone else!?
2023-3-27
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
United States

bennori Posted at 3-27 14:38
Today, I bought a drone that was registered on someone else's account, but when I brought it to his attention, the man deleted his account and I registered the drone on my own account. I don't see why that's a problem unless you're interested in some drones that belong to someone else!?

Please read my comments first and then ask me why I am interested to buy drones. I repair drones for a living. You are lucky because you know the previous owner and you bought only one. I buy them in bulk so there is a big difference my friend.
2023-3-27
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
United States

bennori Posted at 3-27 14:38
Today, I bought a drone that was registered on someone else's account, but when I brought it to his attention, the man deleted his account and I registered the drone on my own account. I don't see why that's a problem unless you're interested in some drones that belong to someone else!?

What I buy are returns from big retailers like Best Buy . The thing is the lazy owners do not take them off their accounts before returning them. Or they don't know how to do it. That is the problem.
2023-3-27
Use props
djiuser_yvO1X3VrQQHA
New

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2-26 17:24
Hi Georgero, we are sorry if there is any inconvenience caused to you. Please be advised that the binding account is for protecting the owner's benefit. If the original owner wants to sell the drone, they can unbind the drone from their account, and the buyer can then bind the drone to their account, and in this case, the drone will enjoy the service that it remains. I see your point and will take note of it. Thank you for your attention.

In effort to unbind my old Mavic Mini, I deleted my account because it never showed unbind button. Not realising at the time, I logged into my new of four days Mini 3 Pro with the same account. Now my four day old new drone is useless as it thinks it’s still bound to the old deleted account. Re typing in the account details just says deleting account. Contacted DJI for support but no reply. Any suggestions?
2023-7-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_yvO1X3VrQQHA Posted at 7-19 03:49
In effort to unbind my old Mavic Mini, I deleted my account because it never showed unbind button. Not realising at the time, I logged into my new of four days Mini 3 Pro with the same account. Now my four day old new drone is useless as it thinks it’s still bound to the old deleted account. Re typing in the account details just says deleting account. Contacted DJI for support but no reply. Any suggestions?

Sorry for your issue. Could you please provide a screenshot of the device management of this drone, and the serial number to me? I will try to see how to help. I will also ask the corresponding team to reply to your email asap. You can also send the screenshot and SN via the email directly, I will be able to locate your ticket number and see the content in our system.
2023-7-19
Use props
djiuser_zOg3WNIjhWpi
lvl.2

Mexico

A friend of mine is offering me an Air 2S with Fly More combo, but he bought the drone at a pawnshop, the drone is bound to someone else account, there is a procedure to unbind from the old account?
2023-8-2
Use props
George Voicu
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_zOg3WNIjhWpi Posted at 8-2 08:13
A friend of mine is offering me an Air 2S with Fly More combo, but he bought the drone at a pawnshop, the drone is bound to someone else account, there is a procedure to unbind from the old account?

Call DJI and give them the serial number and ask them to contact the previous owner and ask him/her to take it off their account. Maybe you get lucky. I wasn't on 3 occasions.
Other than that is nothing you can do. Good luck.
2023-8-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_zOg3WNIjhWpi Posted at 8-2 08:13

Hello there! Please kindly note that normally only the account owner has the right to unbind the drone from the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product and to respect the privacy rules and regulations. And if the seller is DJI's authorized dealer and helps to confirm the drone does not belong to the original owner anymore, DJI could help unbind the drone from the original account. To help you unbind the account, please contact the sales platform or store to provide an authorized unbinding letter and get in touch with https://www.dji.com/support for assistance in resolving the unbinding issue. I have sent you a private message for a sample of the unbinding letter.
2023-8-2
Use props
djiuser_zOg3WNIjhWpi
lvl.2

Mexico

DJI Diana Posted at 8-2 09:53
Hello there! Please kindly note that normally only the account owner has the right to unbind the drone from the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product and to respect the privacy rules and regulations. And if the seller is DJI's authorized dealer and helps to confirm the drone does not belong to the original owner anymore, DJI could help unbind the drone from the original account. To help you unbind the account, please contact the sales platform or store to provide an authorized unbinding letter and get in touch with https://www.dji.com/support for assistance in resolving the unbinding issue. I have sent you a private message for a sample of the unbinding letter.

Thank you!!!
2023-8-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi! You are most welcome. Should you have any DJI-related concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. And if you require immediate assistance, please contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for choosing DJI!
2023-8-4
Use props
RogerWi1co
lvl.2
Flight distance : 355574 ft
United States

Please forgive my relative ignorance about the details of "binding" and "pairing".  There is a ton of great information here , and the community is very helpful.  My question though is about a recent purchase i made. It's a mini 4 pro with the rc-2 controller. The controller and the drone are still paired and I've been able to log in to my own account and fly the drone without limitations. However the drone is still bound to the account of the original purchaser.   While I'm attempting to identify the original owner (and having no luck, so far)  I understand future issues might arise, so the sooner I get the original owners account unbound, the better.  In the meantime, what are some of the issues I might run into?  Is there a risk of losing the pairing with the  RC if I initiate the firmware update?  I also wonder, since I have the paired controller and drone in my possession and a receipt from the reseller, does that help DJI recognize that the drone isn't a fly away or stolen drone? It seems logical, but I might be missing something.   Thanks for your insight and guidance.  
2-12 12:46
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

RogerWi1co Posted at 2-12 12:46
Please forgive my relative ignorance about the details of "binding" and "pairing".  There is a ton of great information here , and the community is very helpful.  My question though is about a recent purchase i made. It's a mini 4 pro with the rc-2 controller. The controller and the drone are still paired and I've been able to log in to my own account and fly the drone without limitations. However the drone is still bound to the account of the original purchaser.   While I'm attempting to identify the original owner (and having no luck, so far)  I understand future issues might arise, so the sooner I get the original owners account unbound, the better.  In the meantime, what are some of the issues I might run into?  Is there a risk of losing the pairing with the  RC if I initiate the firmware update?  I also wonder, since I have the paired controller and drone in my possession and a receipt from the reseller, does that help DJI recognize that the drone isn't a fly away or stolen drone? It seems logical, but I might be missing something.   Thanks for your insight and guidance.

Hi there. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Please be informed that I have replied to your DM. Kindly check.

Binding an aircraft to an account means the account has ownership of the aircraft. Only bound accounts can apply for DJI Care flyaway coverage. If the bound account is changed, it means device ownership is transferred to the new account.
Please kindly note that normally only the account owner has the right to unbind the drone from the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product with respect to privacy rules and regulations. If you purchase a second-hand drone, we recommend you try to contact your seller to confirm with the previous owner to log in to the account and unbind the drone first. Then you can log in to your account to bind it. If your dealer can't contact the previous owner, please provide us with proof of purchase of the product for further handling. Thank you for your cooperation.
2-12 17:10
Use props
RogerWi1co
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-12 17:10
Hi there. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Please be informed that I have replied to your DM. Kindly check.

Binding an aircraft to an account means the account has ownership of the aircraft. Only bound accounts can apply for DJI Care flyaway coverage. If the bound account is changed, it means device ownership is transferred to the new account.

Thank you. I know it's a "Hail Mary" but hopefully you will be able to notify the original owner to request he unbind the drone.. If it's unsuccessful, I still am able to fly the drone with my account without limitation. I'm just curious about what snags I might run into in the future.?   Also, would you be able to tell me the process of sending proof of purchase to you (DJI)? I have digital receipts and serial numbers, etc. If you need screen shots, can you tell me which ones you need? Thanks again!
2-16 08:47
Use props
RogerWi1co
lvl.2
United States

Thank you very much your guidance.
2-16 12:05
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

RogerWi1co Posted at 2-16 08:47
Thank you. I know it's a "Hail Mary" but hopefully you will be able to notify the original owner to request he unbind the drone.. If it's unsuccessful, I still am able to fly the drone with my account without limitation. I'm just curious about what snags I might run into in the future.?   Also, would you be able to tell me the process of sending proof of purchase to you (DJI)? I have digital receipts and serial numbers, etc. If you need screen shots, can you tell me which ones you need? Thanks again!

You're welcome! It is my great pleasure to help. I've replied to your DM regarding this. Kindly check. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. 
2-16 13:58
Use props
RogerWi1co
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-16 13:58
You're welcome! It is my great pleasure to help. I've replied to your DM regarding this. Kindly check. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. 

Your DJI support team was extremely helpful. With the advice from this forum and guidance and assistance with Support Team, I was able to unbind the stale account that was on this second-hand drone Mini 4 pro), and bind it to my account.
It took about a week of following instructions and waiting, but it was well worth it!
Thanks again to yo and your team!
2-22 16:52
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

RogerWi1co Posted at 2-22 16:52
Your DJI support team was extremely helpful. With the advice from this forum and guidance and assistance with Support Team, I was able to unbind the stale account that was on this second-hand drone Mini 4 pro), and bind it to my account.
It took about a week of following instructions and waiting, but it was well worth it!
Thanks again to yo and your team!

Hi, there. I appreciate the update. I am glad to know that it is all sorted out. Should you have further concerns, please feel free to let us know. Thank you, and have a great day!
2-23 11:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules