Aircraft battery ran out before hyperlapse finished.
968 5 2023-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fredfx
New

United States

I was shooting a hyperlapse and then the battery ran out so the aircraft landed. I'm not sure the hyperlapse was processed after the aircraft landed.

When I took a look at it, it looked very shaky.

Is there a way to process the hyperlapse "after the fact"?

I only ask because I shot one yesterday and it looked perfect.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!
2023-2-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

If hyperlapsee is stopped due to a low battery landing than if there were enough frames to save a hyperlapse ; its on the memory card.
Shaky hyperlapse has nothing to do with the hyperlapse being stopped.

so try again with a full battery  ;-)

cheers
JJB
2023-2-26
Use props
Fredfx
New

United States

Really? Isn't the hyperlapse post processed after it's recorded to stabilize it? I can't imagine that the aircraft is completely locked off when it's flying. Especially when you're capturing a timelapse without any aircraft movement. WHich is what I was doing. When I finished my hyperlapse yesterday there was some kind of post process done, so it' looked really stable.

Today's, which got stopped early was very shaky.
2023-2-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

You can use Dji Media maker to create the hyper lapse video file from all the pictures the drone has taken.  A Hyper Lapse is basically a photo taken every 2 or 4 seconds, depends on your settings, these can then be created into a Hyper Lapse video using software. The stability of the video file depends on the wind etc and how stable the drone is when taking each photo. You can use simple software to stabilize the video in post processing.
2023-2-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Also, as you are setting the lapse parameters, time required to run it is displayed in the same frame as the parameters. Tap the battery icon and it will show - time to RTH, Time to Forced Landing and Time to Battery Depletion. I find it best to choose a Lapse length that takes about two minutes less than RTH time remaining.
2023-2-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try the media maker to process them - https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/softwares/other-dji-media-maker
2023-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules