Looking for a module or way to get airspeed and alt telemetry
862 2 2023-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SrgtGoat
lvl.1

United States

Hi guys , I fly airplanes (amoung all kinds of aircraft) FPV , but not your standard way, I do aerobactics In larger scale planes with headtracking  (pan & tilt), using a wing sight and all, just like a full scale plane and I have always wanted to get airspeed (proper realtime with a pitot tube, not laggy gps) and altitude telemetry, and I am struggleing to find a unit that will give me the data in the goggles , I've got the V2 goggles and I'm running Futaba for a radio and receiver,       Any Ideas ??      I have been doing this for many years now and the DJI goggles has transformed my fly from analog, 10 fold ! it takes a bit to get the landings down in each plane just by feel , airspeed would be bada** ! the odd thing is I am finding it near impossable to find anyone doing just what I am doing, haven't seen any videos, there's gotta be people out there doing it, heres a link to my channel with a few videos on it if your interested in it:       https://www.youtube.com/@mikesmith7722      no videos of the new plane as of yet as I am still working out how to record with the DJI's ( push the red button with a chip in, no go, guess i should read the manual, hehe )
love to see what you guys are doing ,   

thanks for your time , mike,
2023-2-26
Use props
SrgtGoat
lvl.1

United States

Really ! no one, I'm the only one on the planet doing this ?? well here's the first video of the 3rd flight with this plane  maybe this can give someone an idea, thx for your timehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyYdRhSdjzE&t=9s
2023-5-17
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

SrgtGoat Posted at 5-17 15:28
Really ! no one, I'm the only one on the planet doing this ?? well here's the first video of the 3rd flight with this plane  maybe this can give someone an idea, thx for your time

G'day

What you are after is not new technology and there is plenty around if you look into the right places.. Not sure if anything you will find will work for the DJI goggles, but there are plenty of other option out there...

Have a look on this website for OSD modules, but also look at the respective brands as there are a lot more of them in their own respective sites...

I can also see Futaba Airspeed Pitot tube HERE... Unfortunately it doesn't list your radio for compatibility.

Good luck...

PS..

I had a look at your video, and you may find interesting to try the Fat Shark goggle HERE with Trinity Head Tracker Module... (it moves the camera at the same time you move your head). It makes it so much easy to fly and the camera movements are so much smoother...

2023-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules