M30T: mapping with custom camera profile
2617 7 2023-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rmuc_
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,

when choosing a camera for the mapping mission, there is the posibility to select a custom camera instead of the M30T camera (Wide+IR). I created a custom camera profile with the specs of the zoom camera at 5x zoom (sensor size, focal length etc.). The mission preview on the map looks good. Flight time, overlap, etc. ajusted accordingly to the custom camera specs.

Now, how does the drone know, that I want it to take pictures with the zoom lense of the payload? Does it take pictures with every sensor? Or is it dependent on what I selected in normal flight mode (C W Z  I)? Unfortunately I can't try it myself atm because of bad weather.

Greetings
2023-2-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi

It's a safe bet that it won't take the custom camera into account when Pilot 2 connects to the M30. But who knows maybe it works! let us know when you've tried it.
2023-2-27
Use props
BEEBEC
New

France

Custom cam profile is very limited and never knows what it will do exactly, so now I am using UGCS upfront to define mapping mission with the M30T, than upload the KML file into the RC. But be aware that you cannot choose for the shutter less than 1 second mainly because there is no efficient  time sync for this drone between cam and GNSS. It seems they did it on purpose to avoid to cannibalize their M300 market shares.
2023-3-1
Use props
rmuc_
lvl.1

Germany

Suprisingly it worked. Took pictures with all 3 sensors. Quality of the pictures was great. GSD in 100m at 5x zoom is 0.76cm/pixel. Only thing I forgot to test was why it takes pictures with all 3 sensors. My guess is still the setting in normal flight mode, since I always have all sensors active when taking pictures. I will test it next time.

I'm very happy that this worked and I hope DJI does not "fix" it. I still don't understand, why we can't choose to map with the zoom sensor from the get go.

Only problem I have for now is, that my photogrammetry software (webODM) looks like having problems with GSD < 1cm. So I have to artificially increase it above 1cm. But that's not a problem of the drone of course.

Greetings
2023-3-5
Use props
mikelevente
lvl.1
Flight distance : 593091 ft
Romania

Hello,
This is my problem too. Can you help me with yhe camera data please?
Photo size, Senzor size, Focal lenght, min. interval.
Thank you in advance
2023-4-2
Use props
TheFrenchDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3687441 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello, thanks for sharing your experience with the zoom sensor ! Can you describe your settings and process? It will be much appreciated by the community.
2023-4-25
Use props
daniel illies
lvl.1

United States

Hopefully rmuc replies. I would be very interested to hear how it worked out for him.
2023-4-28
Use props
DroneM30T
lvl.1

United States

I tried using a custom camera on my M30T using the Zoom Camera specifications but when I saved the mapping file, it noted that it was for the M300 and when I executed the program, it used the Wide Camera even though the camera type that I chose was a custom camera.  Any suggestions on using the zoom camera as a custom camera b/c I cannot seem to get the custom camera to work (seems like it's only for the M300).
2023-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules