Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
C1/2 BUTTON CUSTOMIZATION
2523 7 2023-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
STOPSTU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58245 ft
United States

Drone: DJI MINI 3 PRO (Aircraft Firmware v01.00.0450 — updated 2/26/23)
Remote: DJI RC (app v1.9.4 — updated 2/26/23) (Remote Firmware v01.02.0400 — updated 2/26/23)
Fly Safe Data: App Static Safety Data v01.00.01.28 — updated 2/26/23, Aircraft Static Safety Data v01.00.01.27 — updated 2/26/23

Hi there,  just activated my Dji Drone a couple days ago and I'm looking to customize the C1 and C2 buttons with the following features, but it seems like the list of actions one can use for these two buttons is very limited.

QUESTION 1: Is there a way to update one of the C-buttons with the following action: Update home Point?

QUESTION 2: Below is a list I created from reading the available C-Button customization options on the dJI RC—it appears very limited.  Q: IS THIS IT?

• Control: Recenter/Tilt Down Gimbal, Follow/FPV, Hyperlapse Cruise Control
  • Camera: AE Lock on/off, Increase EV, Decrease EV, Camera Settings, Portrait/Lanscape Mode Switch
  • Other: None

QUESTION 3: Is there a way to add more items to this above list?  Such as Update home Point, or Fly straight up, or...anything?

Thanks for your help!  Fly Safe!

-Stu

2023-2-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's no option to update the home point on the C1 or C2 buttons.  
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, STOPSTU. Thank you for reaching out and for providing detailed information. Let me answer your questions one by one, please see below:

QUESTION 1: Regretfully, you can't customize C1 and C2 buttons to update the home point but here are the three ways to update the Home Point:
(1) Tap “Update” directly to update the Home Point to the current aircraft position.
(2) Tap the remote controller icon in the top-right corner and then tap “Update” to update the Home Point to the RC position. (Be sure that the RC has a strong GPS signal.)
(3) Drag the Home Point to any position. Tap “Update” to update the Home Point to the dragged position.

QUESTION 2: Yes, that are the only options. This varies on every aircraft. In case there will be an additional option, it will be listed in the firmware/app release notes.

QUESTION 3: There's no option to add more from the lists but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team.

Hope this helps. Have a safe flight always!
2023-2-27
Use props
STOPSTU
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-27 03:54
Hi, STOPSTU. Thank you for reaching out and for providing detailed information. Let me answer your questions one by one, please see below:

QUESTION 1: Regretfully, you can't customize C1 and C2 buttons to update the home point but here are the three ways to update the Home Point:

DJI Gamora,

Thank you so much!  I appreciate the alternative solutions to the "no" answer—that helps a lot.

Cheers and fly safe!

-Stu
2023-2-28
Use props
STOPSTU
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-27 03:54
Hi, STOPSTU. Thank you for reaching out and for providing detailed information. Let me answer your questions one by one, please see below:

Gamora,

Was trying your methods, but all but was only able to duplicate your third method.  Could you provide more detail about your first two methods?

Q1: Where is the "Update" you referred to where I can tap and update the Home Point?

Q2: Where is the remote icon where I can tap and update the Home Point.

DJI RC is turned on.  DJI RC is connected to Mini 3 Pro.  Blue "Go fly" button appears and I click on.  ...Now what?
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

STOPSTU Posted at 2-28 17:01
Gamora,

Was trying your methods, but all but was only able to duplicate your third method.  Could you provide more detail about your first two methods?

Hi, STOPSTU. To get on that screen please go to Camera View. Tap “Settings” in the top-right corner. Go to the “Safety” page and tap “Update Home Point”.

The 1st option would be clicking the OK button while the second one is by clicking the remote controller icon.
2023-3-4
Use props
STOPSTU
lvl.1
United States

Gamora,

Still confused.  Thought you said there were "are the three ways to update the Home Point:..."  

But that all looks like the same way: Camera View (Go fly button) ==> Menu/Settings ==> Safety ==> Update Home Point ==> Choose between Aircraft current location or RC location.

Let me re-phrase the question...Q1: what are ALL the ways to update/change the Home Point that do not include the above method you-and-I just described?

And one more question on a tangent topic, please...

Q2: when I pick "Update Home Point to the RC" does this mean that the Home Point is wherever the RC is, or the GPS location I clicked on "update Home Point to the RC"?
CONTEXT:  I ask only because while flying, I updated the Home Point to the RC, ran about two miles with it, and then the drone ran out of battery power and flew away in the direction that I initially clicked "update Home Point to the RC," instead of flying immediately back to me, since I had the RC remote in my backpack.

Thanks for your help, Gamora!

-Stu

To be clear
2023-3-8
Use props
Jake. A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

you cant do that with those buttons.
2023-3-10
Use props