Looking for airspeed telemetry but not using a flight controller
942 2 2023-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SrgtGoat
lvl.1

United States

Hi guys , I fly airplanes (amoung all kinds of aircraft) FPV , but not your standard way, I do aerobactics In larger scale planes with headtracking  (pan & tilt), using a wing sight and all, just like a full scale plane and I have always wanted to get airspeed (proper realtime with a pitot tube, not laggy gps) and altitude telemetry, and I am struggleing to find a unit that will give me the data in the goggles , I've got the V2 goggles and I'm running Futaba for a radio and receiver,       Any Ideas ??      I have been doing this for many years now and the DJI goggles has transformed my fly from analog, 10 fold ! it takes a bit to get the landings down in each plane just by feel , airspeed would be bada** ! the odd thing is I am finding it near impossable to find anyone doing just what I am doing, haven't seen any videos, there's gotta be people out there doing it, heres a link to my channel with a few videos on it if your interested in it:       https://www.youtube.com/@mikesmith7722      no videos of the new plane as of yet as I am still working out how to record with the DJI's ( push the red button with a chip in, no go, guess i should read the manual, hehe )
love to see what you guys are doing ,   

thanks for your time , mike,
2023-2-27
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

Nice job on the servo mount of the Run cam analog camera! I watched the video of the analog edge but the camera stayed fixed all flight......I had a similar setup with my analog FPV cam mounted like a go pro on top of my Ugly Stick 60 sized glow rig.......for some reason that perspective is not as "Immersive" IMHO as the full on FPV and like you point out - digital is wicked better OMG - your video brought back memories. good stuff.

Not sure you are going to get the telemetry you seek without doing it yourself. If your lucky you could find a sensor light enough to use and then use a Raspberry Pie and build your own setup. Wonder if we could find a OSD feed on this tiny rig.......and tap in.

I would head over to https://diydrones.com/  These guys are right up that alley. that's where I would start with my research to get what you seek, but first find the sensor as if it weighs 2 lbs or cost $$$$ that ends that......and don't knock GPS for ground speed......if you have a good one. They use that to measure top fuel dragsters in the standing 1/4 mile......but they probably have commercial rigs.....not consumer stuff like we have in a $650 drone.....still, our is pretty solid from my experience. Good Luck! Fly Fast! And Fly Often!

-Tom
2023-3-4
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

BAM!

https://store.mrobotics.io/mRo-I ... ST-GH-p/m10090a.htm
2023-3-4
Use props
Advanced