DJI Mini 2 power consumption when turned ON
1212 12 2023-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neodim
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hi everyone,

I am new in drones, just bought DJI MINI 2.
When I turn everything ON (RC controller and drone, pairing successful, DJI FLY app show picture from drone camera) and then I leave them for example for 10 mins, battery starts discharching. So when I am back to drone to start flying, battery has about 90 %.

Please help me to understand, is this a expected behavior?

Thank you
2023-2-27
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

Yes, this is expected.

If the drone is on, even if you aren't flying, it is using power to run various sensors such as the GPS, IMU, Camera, etc.
2023-2-27
Use props
Neodim
lvl.1

Ukraine

blue_canyon21 Posted at 2-27 14:22
Yes, this is expected.

If the drone is on, even if you aren't flying, it is using power to run various sensors such as the GPS, IMU, Camera, etc.

Understand. Thank you
2023-2-27
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

Hello all including the OP of this thread and importantly, moderators. This post neatly encapsulates why my suggestion of a couple of week's ago that this forum could stand improvement using a different format. I then made suggestions of the kind of forum software that might be explored. No doubt that suggestion is currently being evaluated by the relevant department but I couldn't help but make the observation that here again is an example of once an issue or matter is solved (or resolved) then the thread could/should be so flagged. It would seem to me that this would avoid unnecessary duplication and confusion when indeed such threads are solved.
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. As blue_canyon21 mentioned above, the aircraft will consume power after powering on. Hence, this is normal. But if you're experiencing a significantly short battery life during a flight, please let us know. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GT2022 Posted at 2-27 23:14
Hello all including the OP of this thread and importantly, moderators. This post neatly encapsulates why my suggestion of a couple of week's ago that this forum could stand improvement using a different format. I then made suggestions of the kind of forum software that might be explored. No doubt that suggestion is currently being evaluated by the relevant department but I couldn't help but make the observation that here again is an example of once an issue or matter is solved (or resolved) then the thread could/should be so flagged. It would seem to me that this would avoid unnecessary duplication and confusion when indeed such threads are solved.

Hi, GT2022. Thanks for reaching out. We appreciate your very helpful and valuable suggestion. We can see how this can greatly help the DJI Forum. We will continue to communicate this to our developers. We are hopeful that this will be implemented soon. Thank you, and stay safe!
2023-3-1
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 3-1 00:06
Hi, GT2022. Thanks for reaching out. We appreciate your very helpful and valuable suggestion. We can see how this can greatly help the DJI Forum. We will continue to communicate this to our developers. We are hopeful that this will be implemented soon. Thank you, and stay safe!

Thanks Tony. Good to know that it has piqued some interest and that the developers may soon look at implementing what I believe would be a great improvement to the forum software.
2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GT2022 Posted at 3-1 02:00
Thanks Tony. Good to know that it has piqued some interest and that the developers may soon look at implementing what I believe would be a great improvement to the forum software.

You are most welcome. And we thank you for your efforts, too. Have a nice day!
2023-3-1
Use props
djiuser_YY6SVOTmOGXN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44124 ft
Italy

Hello everybody,
I’ve just bought a mini2 combo. I’m charging the 3 battery with the box holding them together using a std usb cable and a charger I normally use for my iPhone. After 6/7 hours only 1 1/2 battery was completely charged. Is that normal? Or is there a specific power for the charger to be used? Many thanks for any helpful suggestion.

Tommaso
2023-3-5
Use props
pao_ge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555646 ft
United States

djiuser_YY6SVOTmOGXN Posted at 3-5 08:48
Hello everybody,
I’ve just bought a mini2 combo. I’m charging the 3 battery with the box holding them together using a std usb cable and a charger I normally use for my iPhone. After 6/7 hours only 1 1/2 battery was completely charged. Is that normal? Or is there a specific power for the charger to be used? Many thanks for any helpful suggestion.

Hi, the charger for some iphone are 5W charger. it is normal that it is very slow. Use an 18W charger, it will take about 4 hours to charge all 3 batteries. or less if they are not completely empty.
2023-3-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just curious. If I remember the battery pinout correctly the two centre terminals are positive and the two terminals either side of those are negative.
Does anyone know if BOTH positive and or BOTH negative terminals 'share' the current?
I am just thinking it might be possible to cobble together a cabled connection and use an ammeter or ammeters to measure the current.
2023-3-6
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_YY6SVOTmOGXN Posted at 3-5 08:48
Hello everybody,
I’ve just bought a mini2 combo. I’m charging the 3 battery with the box holding them together using a std usb cable and a charger I normally use for my iPhone. After 6/7 hours only 1 1/2 battery was completely charged. Is that normal? Or is there a specific power for the charger to be used? Many thanks for any helpful suggestion.

This is what you really want.
2023-3-6
Use props
djiuser_YY6SVOTmOGXN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44124 ft
Italy

pao_ge Posted at 3-5 19:49
Hi, the charger for some iphone are 5W charger. it is normal that it is very slow. Use an 18W charger, it will take about 4 hours to charge all 3 batteries. or less if they are not completely empty.

Thanks a lot!
2023-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules