Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OPTIONS TO GET MAPS
3177 7 2023-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
STOPSTU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58245 ft
United States

Drone: DJI MINI 3 PRO (Aircraft Firmware v01.00.0450 — updated 2/26/23)
Remote: DJI RC (app v1.9.4 — updated 2/26/23) (Remote Firmware v01.02.0400 — updated 2/26/23)
Fly Safe Data: App Static Safety Data v01.00.01.28 — updated 2/26/23, Aircraft Static Safety Data v01.00.01.27 — updated 2/26/23

SUBJECT & QUESTION: how do I get map info on the DJI RC while in locations completely off-grid (aka: no wifi, no cell reception)?

CONTEXT: most of the places I use my DJI Mini 3 Pro are off-grid and have NO CELL RECEPTION and NO INTERNET.

HELP: I'm looking for methods/options to be able to upload the map information in advance so I have it when I visit an area and use the drone.  Again, the option to turn phone into a hotspot will not work for these scenarios.  Any ideas?

Thank you and fly safe!

Stu
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, STOPSTU. Thank you for reaching out. You may use the offline map feature for DJI RC. Offline map downloading has been available since firmware v01.02.0200. Go to Profile > Offline Maps to download maps of your planned flight destinations and have the maps displayed even when there is no network connection.

Note: A microSD card needs to be inserted to download the offline map in DJI RC, and the downloaded offline map will be saved in the micro SD card.

We hope this helps.
2023-2-27
Use props
STOPSTU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58245 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-27 18:38
Hi, STOPSTU. Thank you for reaching out. You may use the offline map feature for DJI RC. Offline map downloading has been available since firmware v01.02.0200. Go to Profile > Offline Maps to download maps of your planned flight destinations and have the maps displayed even when there is no network connection.

Note: A microSD card needs to be inserted to download the offline map in DJI RC, and the downloaded offline map will be saved in the micro SD card.

Gamora,

Thank you for the info!  That helps.

And do I need to zoom in on a selected (white box) area to be able to have ALL that maps details?  OR is the selected area capable of being zoomed on so I can get specific names of roads, lakes, trails, etc?

-Stu
2023-3-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

STOPSTU Posted at 3-8 19:31
Gamora,

Thank you for the info!  That helps.

Hi, STOPSTU. Normally, the map needs to be zoomed in and out, then drag to see more details. Please try to download the map while the internet is working, and then disconnect the internet to check the specific offline map just to be sure you get all the details you needed before heading to the place where you're going to fly the drone.
2023-3-13
Use props
Sixie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41995 ft
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-13 07:41
Hi, STOPSTU. Normally, the map needs to be zoomed in and out, then drag to see more details. Please try to download the map while the internet is working, and then disconnect the internet to check the specific offline map just to be sure you get all the details you needed before heading to the place where you're going to fly the drone.

im in the opinion that an option to just download an entire map/country should be available, would be alot easier than just doing map section and doing portion downlod of 3mb+/-

2023-5-20
Use props
Life2 On-tour
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34524 ft
United Kingdom

Sixie Posted at 5-20 14:37
im in the opinion that an option to just download an entire map/country should be available, would be alot easier than just doing map section and doing portion downlod of 3mb+/-

Completely agree.

I am planning a trip to Alaska and Canada.  I don't know where I want to fly, in advance, wanting the option to just stop and fly.

I will need entire country maps, not just tiny segments.
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Sixie. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-5-23
Use props
fansbc36da47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1695118 ft
United States

I also agree. At very least, let me pick a rectangle while zoomed out, then tell me the download size, and let me download all available tiles for all zoom levels within the selection on a single download. Current functionality is better than nothing, but just barely.
2023-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules