CACHE INCREASE
613 3 2023-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
STOPSTU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333323 ft
United States

Drone: DJI MINI 3 PRO (Aircraft Firmware v01.00.0450 — updated 2/26/23)
Remote: DJI RC (app v1.9.4 — updated 2/26/23) (Remote Firmware v01.02.0400 — updated 2/26/23)
Fly Safe Data: App Static Safety Data v01.00.01.28 — updated 2/26/23, Aircraft Static Safety Data v01.00.01.27 — updated 2/26/23

SUBJECT: I need to be able to store more Map Data in my DJI RC's cache for use in remote locations where there is NO CELL RECEPTION and NO INTERNET.

QUESTION 1: Is it possible to increase the cache on the DJI RC so I can store more map data?

QUESTION 2: How do I increase the cache on the DJI RC so I can store more Map Data?  Would it require a higher capacity microSD?

Thank you for your help and fly safe!

Stu

2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, STOPSTU. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you're pertaining to the Cache Maps in the Camera View?
2023-2-27
Use props
STOPSTU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333323 ft
United States

Hi Gamora,

I wasn't aware there was a difference between the drone or the DJI.  Q1: Do they each store map info separately?

I'm referring to the map info I see popping up in the lower-left corner of the "Go Fly" (Camera View) Screen.  Most of the places I fly the drone have no cell reception and certainly no internet.  But I've learned that you can turn on the RC while on wifi or while connected to a Hotspot, pull up the map from the Camera View, and scroll around to the areas I intend to fly.  And then when I go out to the intended area to fly the drone, all the map info comes in perfectly and I'm even able to zoom-in.  But as soon as I get to the limits of an area I previewed, the map info is no longer clear and I can't zoom-in.

So I'm wondering...

Q1: how much "previewing" can I do for an area I intend to fly?  
Q2: What are the cache limits of stored "map preview"?  
Q3: Is there a way to change the size of that cache amount?  And see the size of that cache, or how much is devoted to map previews?
Q4: Is there a way to know when that cache is filled up or might get over-written?

Thank you for your help!

Stu

2023-3-8
Use props
Jake. A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

you might be able to use an sd card
2023-3-10
Use props
Advanced