Gyro data for less than 4k
873 1 2023-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
feetwind
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, can gyro data be made available for lower resolution 4:3 video?

For me recording duration is a priority so the lower resolutions (2.7k and 1080p) are totally fine. To get both better battery life and stabilisation, having gyro data available for all resolutions would be great.

I think the best solution would be to have "Off (gyro data)" as an additional stabilisation settings available for all resolution, framerate, and aspect settings. A message can warn the user that the recommended settings is 4k 4:3.

Yes if using 1080p power reserve mode the picture quality won't be good, and the cropping required will make it worse, but that should be left to the user to decide - for me, relatively low quality video is totally fine. Duration and battery life as more important priorities for me.

2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback. Upon the release of the firmware that supported gyro data, the only camera settings that it supports are as follows:
a. Stabilization: off;
b. FOV: Wide;
c. Resolution: 4K (4:3) 24/25/30/48/50/60 or 4K (16:9) 100/120.
Lower resolutions are currently not supported. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We would like you to know that we understand your preference. Therefore, we will relay this suggestion to our developers for attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you, and please stay safe always.
2023-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules