12Next >
8254 45 2023-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74859 ft
Brazil

Does your Drone stop working signal 5.8 GHz after a new firmware update release by DJI  ?Valid to MINI SE, MINI 1, MINI 2 and MINI 3 users

Single SelectVote, Total 75 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2023-2-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any particular controller?
2023-2-28
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I use the RC N1 controllers for both of my Mini 2s and both are updated throughout with the latest firmware/software/flysafe etc etc. Frequency control has been set on Dual from day one and have had no problems with range in flying. Then again, I tend to stick to the current regulations and fly VLOS. The next time I fly, maybe later today, I will try the 5.8Ghz freq. and update on this thread.
2023-3-1
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just flown both of my Mini 2s out to 1800ft with no loss of signal using 5.8 Ghz freq. Flew at a height of 165ft owing to one or two buildings around at over 100ft. A bit overly cautious but hey I didn't want to take too many chances. I'm happy with my results.
2023-3-1
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 2-28 23:40
Any particular controller?

Hello Daflys!
Anyone RC.  But preferably the RC that come with the fly more kit. (RC N1).
This a chronic defect during the firmware update caused by DJI that DO NOT ALERT the customers of MINI 1, MINI 2, MINI 3.
Have a look ate these posts:: (SAME PROBLEM, SAME DEFECT,  AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE.)

DJI report problems with 5.8 GHz after firmware update (Coreboard defect)!
Youtube:

DJI Forum:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-259568-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=282752
https://forum.dji.com/thread-267550-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-229962-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-251327-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2991602
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2990396
https://forum.dji.com/thread-235014-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-205078-1-1.html

Mavic Pilots:
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... z-in-europe.134115/
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 26184/#post-1443684
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 30224/#post-1473876
2023-3-1
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

yogi053 Posted at 3-1 02:34
I use the RC N1 controllers for both of my Mini 2s and both are updated throughout with the latest firmware/software/flysafe etc etc. Frequency control has been set on Dual from day one and have had no problems with range in flying. Then again, I tend to stick to the current regulations and fly VLOS. The next time I fly, maybe later today, I will try the 5.8Ghz freq. and update on this thread.

Hello yogi053!

You are a lucky guy!!!
Have a look ate these posts
2023-3-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im using the RM500 controller and all is good.
2023-3-1
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Like DAFlys I have the RM 500 controller but now I only use it for my Mavic 2 Pro. What I have seen on here is a reference to people having problems with overheating (whilst updating) and somebody mentioned that they thought their board that controlled the 5.8Ghz had possibly burnt out the chip concerned????????
Edit : Other posts/videos report poor range/loss of signal UNTIL they switch to 5.8Ghz. CONFUSING? VERY!
2023-3-1
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

yogi053 Posted at 3-1 08:09
Like DAFlys I have the RM 500 controller but now I only use it for my Mavic 2 Pro. What I have seen on here is a reference to people having problems with overheating (whilst updating) and somebody mentioned that they thought their board that controlled the 5.8Ghz had possibly burnt out the chip concerned????????

I have seen those posts as well.

The first time I updated my Mini 2 after buying it 2 years ago, it got very hot and I got concerned. So, from that point on, I always set my drones, even the ones that have built-in fans, on a laptop cooling pad while updating.
2023-3-1
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

yogi053 Posted at 3-1 08:09
Like DAFlys I have the RM 500 controller but now I only use it for my Mavic 2 Pro. What I have seen on here is a reference to people having problems with overheating (whilst updating) and somebody mentioned that they thought their board that controlled the 5.8Ghz had possibly burnt out the chip concerned????????
Edit : Other posts/videos report poor range/loss of signal UNTIL they switch to 5.8Ghz. CONFUSING? VERY!

Hello yogi053,

Yes, you are right! But if you have a possible solution, please share it. You will help a lot of DJI customers.

If you don't have a solution, let's think together:

- The DJI warranty is not global.
- The release of DJI firmware is global.
- Customers around the world receive an alert of the new firmware update.
- The customers do the update.
- The drone does not work anymore with 5.8 GHz.

Question:
Who is responsible and should pay for the repair of the customer's equipment? (The customer or the DJI team?)

Note: The user manual or DJI Fly app does not alert the user about the risk of overheating during the firmware update.

I bought my Mini 2 in November last year (in Canada), and in January, the 5.8 GHz doesn't work anymore. Now, DJI Brasil (where I live) informed me that I need to pay to fix my drone in Canada warranty.
2023-3-1
Use props
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175449 ft
Poland

My original one (from Fly More Combo) had a problem with 5.8 GHz. Under warranty DJI replaced my drone and RC N1. Now after update to 1.06.02 it is working fine.
2023-3-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ghvsoftarts Posted at 3-1 08:43
Hello yogi053,

Yes, you are right! But if you have a possible solution, please share it. You will help a lot of DJI customers.

Hi there ghvsoftarts.
You are correct, I do not have a solution because I do not have the problem.
You make some good valid points though as to whether Dji should be more helpful in sorting out the problem. First of all, make customers aware that the Mini 2 (and possibly others not fitted with internal fans) can overheat during updates and owners should take precautions to keep their machines cool during all update times. This could be added to the relevant manual.
As for warranty issues, I know that you MUST initiate any repair requests from the region that you purchased you drone. I'm not a businessman so I don't understand about Global warranties and such matters like that. It is galling that you have to send your drone back to Canada for repair, but if it is still under warranty then all you should pay for is the postage cost surely. We in the UK are still unclear whether since leaving the EU we would have to pay import duties on any drones that we send to the Netherlands for repair. I did in fact receive a new drone under care refresh this way and did not pay any import tax owing to Dji putting a relatively low price on the paperwork as a repair. Since leaving the EU, there are still an awful lot of  bureaucracy to sort through. I know my post is not much help to you but here's hoping that someone at Dji will sit up and take notice of your points.
2023-3-2
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

Mines been fine.   
2023-3-20
Use props
Luiji
lvl.1

Portugal

Alguma resolução para o problema do sinal 5.8 ghz ?? ou se não vou ter de mandar o meu drone para a garantia....
2023-4-1
Use props
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Poland

Luiji Posted at 4-1 09:57
Alguma resolução para o problema do sinal 5.8 ghz ?? ou se não vou ter de mandar o meu drone para a garantia....

Talk to support to create ticket and delivery sticker or directly raise warranty repair request. It is only proper way if you have a guarantee.
2023-4-3
Use props
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Poland

for your information, there is new firmware for mini 2, 01.07.0200. It adds reset all settings for drone feature. If problem with 5.8 ghz is releated to software issue it should solve it. I guess it won't fix, in my opinion it is hardware issue.
2023-4-5
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

MariuszPurwin Posted at 4-5 23:17
for your information, there is new firmware for mini 2, 01.07.0200. It adds reset all settings for drone feature. If problem with 5.8 ghz is releated to software issue it should solve it. I guess it won't fix, in my opinion it is hardware issue.

Hello,

I updated the firmware, and then I did a reset, enabled at the DJI Fly application, but the issue still persists. Thank you for your help.
2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_5VsehNHEr5OC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282671 ft
France

Bonjour, est-ce que quelqu’un a trouvé une solution, je suis affecté du même problème plus de signal en 5.8.
et le mode dual band qui fonctionne mal ?
Merci.
2023-4-19
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

djiuser_5VsehNHEr5OC Posted at 4-19 11:37
Bonjour, est-ce que quelqu’un a trouvé une solution, je suis affecté du même problème plus de signal en 5.8.
et le mode dual band qui fonctionne mal ?
Merci.

Bonjour, malheureusement la solution consiste à remplacer la carte mère du drone. Aucune procédure logicielle ne sera efficace pour résoudre le problème. Seule la remplacer la carte mère permettra au drone de fonctionner sur les deux fréquences.
2023-4-19
Use props
djiuser_5VsehNHEr5OC
lvl.1
France

ghvsoftarts Posted at 4-19 11:43
Bonjour, malheureusement la solution consiste à remplacer la carte mère du drone. Aucune procédure logicielle ne sera efficace pour résoudre le problème. Seule la remplacer la carte mère permettra au drone de fonctionner sur les deux fréquences.

Merci pour ta réponse, cela fait plusieurs jours que je cherche une solution.
Mon drone est du mois de janvier, il est donc sous garantie, lors de l’envoi de ce dernier, ils effectuent les réparations ou ils effectuent un échange par un neuf ?
2023-4-19
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

djiuser_5VsehNHEr5OC Posted at 4-19 11:55
Merci pour ta réponse, cela fait plusieurs jours que je cherche une solution.
Mon drone est du mois de janvier, il est donc sous garantie, lors de l’envoi de ce dernier, ils effectuent les réparations ou ils effectuent un échange par un neuf ?

C'est rien. Je pense qu'il suffit de remplacer simplement la carte de base. Je n'ai pas envoyé le mien au support technique de DJI Brésil car j'ai trouvé leur support très mauvais (un service client peu serviable). Donc, pour l'instant, j'utilise mon équipement uniquement sur la fréquence de 2,4 GHz. Bonne chance avec votre équipement
2023-4-19
Use props
djiuser_5VsehNHEr5OC
lvl.1
France

ghvsoftarts Posted at 4-19 12:00
C'est rien. Je pense qu'il suffit de remplacer simplement la carte de base. Je n'ai pas envoyé le mien au support technique de DJI Brésil car j'ai trouvé leur support très mauvais (un service client peu serviable). Donc, pour l'instant, j'utilise mon équipement uniquement sur la fréquence de 2,4 GHz. Bonne chance avec votre équipement

Merci à toi, pour la réponse, je pense renvoyer le miens.
Je te ferai un retour. Bonne soirée.
2023-4-19
Use props
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Poland

djiuser_5VsehNHEr5OC Posted at 4-19 12:06
Merci à toi, pour la réponse, je pense renvoyer le miens.
Je te ferai un retour. Bonne soirée.

In Europe (i'm from Poland) DJI support generated for me delivery sticker to Hungary service. They replaced whole drone to new/refurbished.
2023-4-19
Use props
O0O j0hnny O0O
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2328599 ft
Canada

I use the RCN1 and the DJI RC with my mini 3 Pro depending on the "plan".
S8 Ultra with the RCN1 bound to my mini 2.
DJI RC is main bound to mini 3 Pro..

I don't have anything outstanding to say but,..
I also have no complaints..

If I need to go the extra distance I'll definitely use the RCN1.
But the availability is still there..
Just need to be in the perfect conditions..

In the middle of nowhere and on top of a mountain lmao..

AllZ GooD Here ..  

2023-6-9
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

The majority experiencing issues with the 5.8 GHz after firmware update. DJI should release an official statement about this problem to prevent future customers from facing the same issue. Lack of consideration for the customer
2023-7-24
Use props
The_Saint
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2648 ft
Netherlands

ghvsoftarts Posted at 4-17 11:04
Hello,

I updated the firmware, and then I did a reset, enabled at the DJI Fly application, but the issue still persists. Thank you for your help.

the problem with the mini2 got worse after the update...  the mini 3 pro i use with the same controler works just fine...
2023-9-7
Use props
Hamid Blogger
lvl.1

Pakistan

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2023-9-12
Use props
Hamid Blogger
lvl.1

Pakistan

Hey there fellow drone enthusiasts,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing signal problems with your drones after the recent firmware update. I understand how frustrating this can be, but don't worry, we're here to help you get back in the skies with a reliable 5.8 GHz signal.

First and foremost, it's essential to remember that firmware updates can sometimes introduce new features and optimizations, but they can also bring unexpected issues. Here are a few steps to troubleshoot the signal problem you're facing:

1. Reboot and Reconnect

Turn off both your remote controller and the drone.
Restart your remote controller and wait for it to fully initialize.
Power on your drone and give it a moment to connect to the controller.
2. Check for Interference

Make sure you're flying in an area with minimal Wi-Fi and radio interference.
Avoid flying near large metallic structures, high-voltage power lines, or sources of electromagnetic interference.
3. Verify Antenna Connection

Inspect the antennas on both your drone and the remote controller for any damage or loose connections. Ensure they are securely attached.
4. Signal Frequency

Double-check the frequency settings on your drone and remote controller to make sure they are both set to 5.8 GHz.
5. Calibrate the Compass and IMU

Sometimes signal issues can be caused by incorrect compass or IMU calibration. Ensure these are properly calibrated before your flight.
If you've tried these steps and are still experiencing signal problems, it might be worth considering rolling back to a previous firmware version, if that's possible. However, proceed with caution and check for compatibility issues before doing so.

Lastly, I wanted to share an informative article I came across that could be of interest to you all: https://droneprohub.com/what-frequency-do-drones-use/  It's essential to stay informed about drone regulations and how to identify different types of drones, especially when flying in various locations.

Remember that the drone community is here to support each other, so don't hesitate to ask for further assistance if needed. Together, we can troubleshoot these issues and keep enjoying our passion for aerial photography and exploration.

Safe flying, everyone!

Best regards,

Hamid Hassan
2023-9-12
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

Hamid Blogger Posted at 9-12 08:18
Hey there fellow drone enthusiasts,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing signal problems with your drones after the recent firmware update. I understand how frustrating this can be, but don't worry, we're here to help you get back in the skies with a reliable 5.8 GHz signal.

Hello Hamid, thank you for trying to help.

The issue with my equipment started as soon as DJI released firmware 01.06.0200 (this firmware doesn't allow downgrading) for the drone and 04.11.0200 for the remote control (RC). The remote control only connects to the drone at 5.8 GHz when the remote is close to the drone; if I move a few inches away from the drone, it disconnects from the remote.
I've seen on the internet that many people are facing the same problem, and there's no official statement from DJI or even a recall, if necessary. I believe DJI has mishandled a problem it caused itself and ignored its customers.
Here in Brazil, where I live, some technicians have found that the problem is the burning of the Power Amplifier (PA) from Qorvo (qpf4550), installed on the main board of the drone, due to the firmware update being done without the ventilation provided by the propellers when the equipment's motor is running. (Another negligence on DJI's part; this information should be in the equipment's manual, including mentioning that it is recommended to perform the firmware update in a cool environment with mechanical ventilation to assist in cooling.)
This video link below is recent and shows what is happening with my equipment. You will see that I am on an open beach with no interference.

I tried to contact DJI several times, and since I bought my equipment at BestBuy in Montreal, Canada, DJI informed me that, to have it repaired in Brazil, I would have to bear the costs since the warranty is not global. (Basically, they damage my equipment, and the customer pays.) Furthermore, in Brazil, DJI has only one authorized location for equipment maintenance.
DJI's after
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

ghvsoftarts Posted at 9-13 06:21

The issue with my equipment started as soon as DJI released firmware 01.06.0200 (this firmware doesn't allow downgrading) for the drone and 04.11.0200 for the remote control (RC). The remote control only connects to the drone at 5.8 GHz when the remote is close to the drone; if I move a few inches away from the drone, it disconnects from the remote.

Hi there! Thank you for bringing this up, and we want to extend our sincerest apology for the delay in response. This must have been difficult for you. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. It was the exact opposite of what we wanted our clients to go through, as we have always wanted to be able to help in any way that we can.
Please allow us to further check; could you provide us with the case number? I hope to hear from you soon.
2023-9-22
Use props
ghvsoftarts
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 9-22 13:11
Hi there! Thank you for bringing this up, and we want to extend our sincerest apology for the delay in response. This must have been difficult for you. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. It was the exact opposite of what we wanted our clients to go through, as we have always wanted to be able to help in any way that we can.
Please allow us to further check; could you provide us with the case number? I hope to hear from you soon.

Hello Diana thank you for trying to help.- CASE 4841388  
My equipment was bought at Best Buy in Montreal, Canada when I was on vacation and I live in Brazil.
I opened a support case at DJI Brazil and it informed me that I need to send the drone to Canada for repair. The point is that to carry out this shipment would be economically unfeasible to export the Drone and then import again. Only the amounts for this procedure, perhaps, would buy a DJI AGRAS.

The point is that I see several CUSTOMERS complaining that when updating the firmware released by the SUPPLIER (DJI), the DRONE stopped working the 5.8 GHz due to the burning of the Qorvo QPF4550 chip. I do not know if DJI has chosen poorly its SUPPLIERS of electronic components or if the project should be reviewed (design error). One issue for me is clear, DJI should be responsible for repairing the independent equipment of NO GLOBAL WARRANTY and with NO COSTS for the customer.. I see a disregard for the customer and do not know how the after-sales of DJI works but one thing I know, needs MUCH IMPROVEMENT to have a degree of satisfaction worthy of a company that manufactures unmanned aerial vehicles.
Disappointed in the DJI.

2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

ghvsoftarts Posted at 9-27 07:02
Hello Diana thank you for trying to help.- CASE 4841388  
My equipment was bought at Best Buy in Montreal, Canada when I was on vacation and I live in Brazil.
I opened a support case at DJI Brazil and it informed me that I need to send the drone to Canada for repair. The point is that to carry out this shipment would be economically unfeasible to export the Drone and then import again. Only the amounts for this procedure, perhaps, would buy a DJI AGRAS.

Hi, there. We appreciate your feedback. We are very sorry for the trouble caused. We do have a specific repair center that is responsible for each model. Also, as per checking, our relevant team provided a postage code for you to send the device to our facility for free. May we confirm if you were able to receive that email? Looking forward to hearing from you.
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_TE7qtGZawj49
lvl.1

India

DJI I have the same issue as mentioned, I am really frustrated and I have no replacement option since I bought this DJI mini 2 drone like a 1 year and 7 months ago. you requested for a video so I have made a video and posting here. This is the exact issue that we are facing and YES this is my house and on roof top I have flew my drone more than 2 kms with dual band/5.8ghz and never had an issue. Only after the recent update this issue persisted and since then whether I downgrade the firmware or refresh both drone and RC N1 its the same

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c5onhk4tglxxeazc10a5l/DJI-mini-2-5.8ghz-signal-issue.mp4?rlkey=xknq7winqfs9gti2fhhfg15xs&dl=0

Here is the link for the video which I made how exactly the error looks or what happens in dual band and 5.8ghz and what happens when you set to 2.4ghz.. Please fix this and assist us with new solution.

IT WAS ALL FINE UNTIL THE RECENT UPDATE
2023-9-29
Use props
MariuszPurwin
lvl.4
Poland

djiuser_TE7qtGZawj49 Posted at 9-29 01:49
DJI I have the same issue as mentioned, I am really frustrated and I have no replacement option since I bought this DJI mini 2 drone like a 1 year and 7 months ago. you requested for a video so I have made a video and posting here. This is the exact issue that we are facing and YES this is my house and on roof top I have flew my drone more than 2 kms with dual band/5.8ghz and never had an issue. Only after the recent update this issue persisted and since then whether I downgrade the firmware or refresh both drone and RC N1 its the same

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c5onhk4tglxxeazc10a5l/DJI-mini-2-5.8ghz-signal-issue.mp4?rlkey=xknq7winqfs9gti2fhhfg15xs&dl=0

Hardware problem, overheating during update
2023-10-2
Use props
dji india
lvl.1

India

service centre 8050164924
2023-11-22
Use props
nguyentn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 159409 ft

Vietnam

It not only mini series, but also DJI air 2s. DJI should have responsiblity about this issues. Very disapointed with DJI style while cause problem but have no any resposiblity.
Now my air 2s almost unuseable because only 2.4ghz signal, and i worry safety while use it ( drop and cause accident to people, assets..etc...)
2023-12-25
Use props
sama04
New

Pakistan

What is the targeting range. Smartnerf.com
2023-12-26
Use props
sama04
New

Pakistan

Check this Nerf guns
2023-12-26
Use props
jprevot39
lvl.1

France

I need help with the dji4. Impossible to download the djifly application which has completely disappeared from the play stores and others. version 1.6.9 does not open and had a bug. I have a Samsung S21
1-3 00:51
Use props
fansd3314c18
New

Brazil

ghvsoftarts Posted at 2023-9-13 06:21

The issue with my equipment started as soon as DJI released firmware 01.06.0200 (this firmware doesn't allow downgrading) for the drone and 04.11.0200 for the remote control (RC). The remote control only connects to the drone at 5.8 GHz when the remote is close to the drone; if I move a few inches away from the drone, it disconnects from the remote.

Fala, ghvsoftarts, tranquilo?

Estamos com o mesmo problema que você teve. Nosso drone não funciona mais com a frequência de 5.8gHz.

Você conseguiu alguma solução para o problema?
Foi direto com a DJI mesmo?

Abraço
1-8 05:48
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules