Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PRE-FLIGHT MAP PREVIEW CACHE B4 FLIGHTS IN OFF-GRID AREAS
398 2 2023-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
STOPSTU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333323 ft
United States

Drone: DJI MINI 3 PRO (Aircraft Firmware v01.00.0450 — updated 2/26/23)
Remote: DJI RC (app v1.9.4 — updated 2/26/23) (Remote Firmware v01.02.0400 — updated 2/26/23)
Fly Safe Data: App Static Safety Data v01.00.01.28 — updated 2/26/23, Aircraft Static Safety Data v01.00.01.27 — updated 2/26/23

Hello!

SUBJECT: Pre-flight map previews and downloads B4 flights in off-grid regions.  

CONTEXT: I've been learning about the multiple methods for downloading maps of areas intended for future flights so I'll always have map data available while flying, especially for areas where there is ZERO CELL RECEPTION and NO INTERNET (aka: off-grid).

Here's the three methods I've found: 1 ) Phone-as-Hotspot (when some cell reception exists) method, 2 ) Download Maps and store on microSD method, and 3 ) Using DJI RC, Preview Maps of a Region of a Future Flight method.

Of the above-menthioned methods, the last method is my favorite and the easiest and most convenient to use.  Here's my questions to anyone out there who might have the answers:

QUESTION 1: Using the third-method I mentioned, does anyone know what the limits are for using this pre-flight preview of a given area?  (see question 2 for more specifics)

QUESTION 2: How is this method stored on the DJI RC?  Is it stored in the cache?  And what is the max range-area, cache space, we can use this method to preview a given area we intend to fly in?

QUESTION 3: Is there anyway of knowing how long this Previewed map data of a given area we intend to fly will be stored?  When it is over-written? When it needs to be repeated?  When it is deleted?

Thank you for your help and fly safe!

-Stu
2023-2-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For your 1 ) Phone-as-Hotspot (when some cell reception exists)  be aware as soon as you take off the hotspot will be disconnected.  
2023-3-1
Use props
STOPSTU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333323 ft
United States

ZERO CELL RECEPTION and NO INTERNET (aka: off-grid)
2023-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules