Europe: C1 Label for Mavic 2 Pro
2360 14 2023-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tobiasflampert
lvl.1
Flight distance : 230233 ft
Liechtenstein

Hi there, is DJI working on the C1 EU-type examination certificate for the Mavic 2 Pro?
2023-3-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's too heavy to qualify for the C1 label.
2023-3-1
Use props
tobiasflampert
lvl.1
Liechtenstein

Okay, so I hope for C2 level
2023-3-1
Use props
tobiasflampert
lvl.1
Liechtenstein

2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, tobiasflampert. Thanks for reaching out. DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for other existing drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming year. We cannot guarantee it at present. More details will be announced in due course. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-3-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tobiasflampert Posted at 3-1 11:59

I will be surprised if that happens but we can hope.
2023-3-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

OH Well! We can still fly the M2P out in the "boondocks" (Wherever that is).  lol.
2023-3-2
Use props
tobiasflampert
lvl.1
Liechtenstein

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-3-1 19:54
Hi, tobiasflampert. Thanks for reaching out. DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for other existing drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming year. We cannot guarantee it at present. More details will be announced in due course. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Hi DJI Tony

We now have 2024, new laws and the Mavic 2 series has not received a label. There is also no official information on the current state of affairs. I ask DJI to have the Mavic 2 series post-certified, as this great and expensive drone is no longer usable.

Could DJI please make the effort to inform existing customers whether there will be a C2 label at all in the near future or whether you are forced to buy a new drone.

If a post-certification is not wanted or possible, it would be really appreciative if all owners of a Mavic 2 from DJI received a special offer for an upgrade to the Mavic 3 Pro series.
1-4 04:40
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

tobiasflampert Posted at 1-4 04:40
Hi DJI Tony

We now have 2024, new laws and the Mavic 2 series has not received a label. There is also no official information on the current state of affairs. I ask DJI to have the Mavic 2 series post-certified, as this great and expensive drone is no longer usable.

We understand the importance of this request. We don't have an update yet. We will continue submitting your feedback to the relevant team. We appreciate your patience.
1-6 00:23
Use props
JeanLuc Picard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263691 ft
Italy

I would be happy if they updated the Mavic 2 Pro manual with the maximum takeoff mass (MTOM or MTOW).
To be in compliance with EASA and fly A3 in the open category
1-6 01:00
Use props
fans654e9e89
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 1-6 00:23
We understand the importance of this request. We don't have an update yet. We will continue submitting your feedback to the relevant team. We appreciate your patience.

We are waiting for information about the certification of Mavic 2 pro - these are great drones.
1-8 10:48
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans654e9e89 Posted at 1-8 10:48
We are waiting for information about the certification of Mavic 2 pro - these are great drones.

Hi there. DJI has not yet announced any plans about the C! label for the Mavic 2 Pro. Still, we will keep on submitting your request to the relevant team. We appreciate your patience.
1-9 02:46
Use props
MaddionMax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254390 ft
Hungary

Dear Tony,

Just a question: Is there any problem to get C2 certification for Mavic 2?
Weight is ok, software upgrade is also not problem for DJI and the Mavic 2 also have low-noise propellers.

Is there any other problem what is missing?

Regards
1-9 03:28
Use props
jualagcac
lvl.1

Spain

I don't understand why DJI is not providing a response for all the users who invested money in this drone. Not even to know if we should sell it or wait in case of a possible C1 certification. Or some kind of discount to purchase a new drone with a class marking... although this would be a bit inconsistent because we would end up discarding many Mavic 2 Pro units that still have a lot of life left. I don't know, maybe DJI could recycle them and offer us a model upgrade. But please, say something .
1-11 10:16
Use props
K.R.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25623 ft

Germany

Yet another DJI product becoming useless due to the missing DJI support. That's 2 of 2 for me and I'm sure I will nether buy anything from them again.
2-27 22:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules