2991 15 2023-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5076896 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is the Avata still falling out of the sky?    Really liked before I didn't anymore.
2023-3-1
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Never had a single problem with my Avata.
2023-3-1
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Never had an issue with my avata at all
2023-3-1
Use props
fansdff4d711
lvl.3
Germany

As far as I know, the real problem still exists. However, the symptoms have been reduced by the latest update (v01.02.0000), after which the copter now quickly switches to "normal" mode and intercepts itself.

2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are having issues with your DJI Avata? Could you please provide us the detailed information so we can assist you further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-2
Use props
FC Productions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 283940 ft
France

Hi! I did the update and I still have it unfortunately... especially when I fly fast
2023-3-2
Use props
fansdff4d711
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-2 01:24
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are having issues with your DJI Avata? Could you please provide us the detailed information so we can assist you further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I am a little confused. This sounds like you guys aren't aware of a well known issue that exitsts for month. Is this some kind of protective claim or are you really that kind of sloppy?
2023-3-2
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

I Agree- It's not a fix it's a "Workaround" to quickly pop back in Normal mode and prevent the tumble. The workaround does work but I can see a lot of folks saying its not an ideal solution. CHeck ou tthe video - one time he was low enough it bounced off the ground upside down.......I.E. Still crashed even though he has the "Fix" as he was too low to recover.

I have had times when I just felt this is underpowered in wind for example. I Don't think these types of issues will ever be "Fixed". I just fly it accordingly.
2023-3-3
Use props
fansdff4d711
lvl.3
Germany

Since I prefer to fly some kind of "flow style" without doing sharp turns, I am rarely witnessing this issue. But in my opinion, this is a major bug that I hope will be fixed in the future.

I've come to know DJI as a company that strives for a high standard of product quality and customer support, and it would just feel wrong if they just put a band-aid on this. In my opinion it's just a matter of PID tuning to get rid of this and I am sure they will fix it during the next weeks or month.

2023-3-3
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I've reported it, including sending in the video.  
2023-3-3
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Sorry to hear your loss
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

BarnSwallow Posted at 3-3 05:57
I've reported it, including sending in the video.

Hi,

did You get a new avata or repaired the old one?
if yes do You still have this tumble effect?
2023-3-20
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv Posted at 3-20 22:49
Hi,

did You get a new avata or repaired the old one?

The crash happened within a few days of receiving it, so I just returned it.   I was perhaps abusing it, expecting too much with rolls etc.  However even sharp turns made it go wonky.  I'll get another one, but I'm waiting  for an all clear.   I suspect there's some bad hardware, not a software problem, as some have no issues at all, according to other pilots.
The next one I get, I'll stick to flying low level through trees, and do the acrobatics with my FPV.   No cliff dives with the Avata.

2023-3-21
Use props
fpv.osman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34370 ft

United States

Honestly I feel like this is a bigger problem with experienced FPV pilots rather than new people who get into the flying with Avata. After flying many freestyle drones, these kinds of yaw turns are standard and they can easily compensate it. Since we have all this muscle memory with these freestyle drones, it is hard to remember Avata is not made for this. But I had many cinewhoops and never had this issue even with the heaviest ones. One time I had a full size gopro and a 3000mah liion on a 2.5inch cinewhoop and even that could handle this. I think the aerodynamics of Avata is the problem. That being said, it is not advertised as freestyle drone, I get it. But when I do this turn in the simulator and it does not crash, what does it tell you? If you know this is a problem then teach it to the people on the simulator.
2023-7-7
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

It's not broken
2023-7-13
Use props
Smack0r
New

Germany

Start acting like you know. It really comes off as phony when you're asking that kind of question to imply it's not a ubiquitous problem that the entire internet has been talking about since a year ago. You know alright, don't act any different.
2023-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules