736 1 2023-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nyehe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 443264 ft
Slovakia

Dear DJI Team!

In 2023.02.24 (friday) towards the end of my flight, I flew into a railway bridge,  followed the tracks nicely, then for some reason the drone started to  turn sharply to the left, and then I hit a pillar and the drone fell  into the river, of course.

First of all , I uploaded the flight log to phantomhelp to clear things up,because I don't really know how to read the data.

Here is the log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/13R13W6L1ESP1LRCNBF3/

I was sure that it wasn't my faul.
So the story has begun...

We have discussed many possible errors.

The first thing was to clarify the commands, that is, whether I caused the sudden turn or not.

The CCW turn starting at 484.707 secs doesn’t look like it was commanded.

The top chart shows the turn (green) while the bottom chart shows no rudder or aileron inputs.

Second thing was the magnetic field caused by the railway.

It’s tempting to conclude that the geomagnetic distortion caused by the  steel construction contributed to this incident. But, the Avata flew for  about 10 secs inside the steel structure without incident and then  rolled CCW without any apparent changes in the distortion.

At about 470 secs the Avata rotated CCW and started entering the steel  over structure. At 475 secs the entrance was completed and the flight  path through the steel over structure was established. Magnetometer data  didn’t vary much until about 486 secs when the uncommanded roll  happened.  

There was no wind that day, which could have caused such a turn,so I lost the hope.

Unfortunately, I did not bought care for my avata, because I never thought that such a big problem could occur through no fault of my own.

As I looked through the pages, I saw that many people had problems with unexecuted commands,but I trusted DJI,becouse my older drone Mavic air 1 was flawless even after many flights and drops.In this case, I am quite confused that such an expensive drone could crash due to a software error.

Now I'm not sure if the new avata will be safe from this point of view,in fact, it can even cause more trouble than just falling down.
I don't really want to buy a new drone if it crashes again.

I truly hope that the compensation will be worth it to regain the trust in DJI product and maybe it will help to develop the software flawlessly.
I really like DJI product but now I'm pretty confused at this point.

If it help here is the before lost video : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J9DWBSZaClLDKTTJXrdBSa5CwfUHDPX6/view?usp=drivesdk  

Thank you very much for your time.

2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, Nyehe. We are terribly sorry to read about the incident. May we know if you've managed to report the incident to our support? If not, please rest assured that as long as the unit is within the service guarantee period, we can forward an investigation, and data analysis can be applied to determine its cause.  We'll send you an offer depending on the results. Please find this link: https://dji.com/support helpful in contacting our Product Support team for further assistance on the request. Should you need to contact us for any reason, kindly know that we are always here to help. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
2023-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules