973 4 2023-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HobbyMan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29117 ft
United States

Hello Folks,
Sorry if this has been covered before.  Do we know what the remode ID implementation is going to be for the phantom 4 pro models?  Are there plans for a firmware change or will we need a third party add on module?
2023-3-1
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi HM,

I have asked this question in the past couple of months and heard nothing but crickets from DJI.  Hope you get a response so that we can plan accordingly before September 16, 2023.

Don
BTW.  If DJI thinks that I will purchase another drone from them they are sadly mistaken.  To earn my business, DJI will need to release the SDK for the Mavic 3 so that we can have Litchi or other third party software to fly the aircraft.  I prefer Litchi, because I can plan the missions in Google Earth and fly them virtually using Litchi Virtual Mission.  This way, I know exactly what will be in the video without leaving the office.  Makes time on site so much more efficient.

2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. DJI will conduct an evaluation and prepare appropriate plans for different aircraft after the RID technical standards and MOC recognized by FAA are issued. Should you have other concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

2023-3-1
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-1 22:52
Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. DJI will conduct an evaluation and prepare appropriate plans for different aircraft after the RID technical standards and MOC recognized by FAA are issued. Should you have other concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Hi DJI Tony:

Your response of "after the RID technical standards and MOC recognized by FAA are issued" seems odd.  This answer would have been fine in mid-2022.  Currently, DJI has certified a number of their aircraft and there is at least one after market product already available that meets the US remote ID standards.  How can DJI not possibly know what standards are required!

I beleive that DJI owes their customers a real response about their plans.  Not this non-sense.

Don
2023-3-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DGBarar Posted at 3-4 07:01
Hi DJI Tony:

Your response of "after the RID technical standards and MOC recognized by FAA are issued" seems odd.  This answer would have been fine in mid-2022.  Currently, DJI has certified a number of their aircraft and there is at least one after market product already available that meets the US remote ID standards.  How can DJI not possibly know what standards are required!

We value your feedback and take it seriously. However, the information is currently unavailable. Our goal is to provide a positive experience for all of our customers, and we apologize for falling short of your expectations. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our designated team. As soon as further details become available, we will let our pilots know. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.
2023-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules