Binding changes during Care Refresh (RC vs RCn1)
3553 10 2023-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7947890 ft
United States

Hi.  I own the Air 2S and the Mini 3 Pro (which I ordered with the RC instead of the RCn1).  Now that Air 2S is compatible for the RC I want to use it sometimes.  The problem is I have Care Refresh for both drones and when I've linked the RC to the Air 2S the controller complains that I need to do something with the binding of the RC, either remove or change.  Remove gives me scary warnings about losing my Care Refresh coverage so that seems wrong.  The other has instructions that are totally confusing.  

Can someone who knows tell me if it's possible to have both the RC from my Mini 3 Pro purchase (covered under CR) and the RCn1 from my Air 2S  *both* bound to the Air 2S without messing up my Care Refresh coverage?    If it is, I'd love to know how to do that.

thank you.
thom.

2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thom. Thanks for reaching out. To answer your question, you may use the DJI RC for both drones and not void your DJI Care Refresh plan, especially the Flyaway Coverage. Please note that binding the aircraft with the remote controller records the linking relationship between the drone and the remote controller. If the aircraft is lost due to a flyaway incident, you can request to use DJI Care Flyaway Coverage. Not binding the aircraft with the remote controller will result in being unable to use DJI Care Flyaway Coverage. If you want to use the DJI RC on your flight, you must bind it to the aircraft first. Ultimately, you must bind the remote controller you need to use in a flight (whether the RC-N1 or the DJI RC). Here's how you can change the bound remote controller:
1. When the "Change Bound RC" option appears on the FPV screen, select it.
2. On the DJI Fly app, go to Profile>Device Management> Value-Added service>Unbind RC. You may unbind the RC first, then connect the remote controller you want to use (DJI RC), and the "Bind New RC" option will be available.
Note: Ensure you are connected to a network and logged in to the bound account. If not, the operation will fail.
Please let us know if you need further clarification. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-3-1
Use props
djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-1 19:49
Hi, Thom. Thanks for reaching out. To answer your question, you may use the DJI RC for both drones and not void your DJI Care Refresh plan, especially the Flyaway Coverage. Please note that binding the aircraft with the remote controller records the linking relationship between the drone and the remote controller. If the aircraft is lost due to a flyaway incident, you can request to use DJI Care Flyaway Coverage. Not binding the aircraft with the remote controller will result in being unable to use DJI Care Flyaway Coverage. If you want to use the DJI RC on your flight, you must bind it to the aircraft first. Ultimately, you must bind the remote controller you need to use in a flight (whether the RC-N1 or the DJI RC). Here's how you can change the bound remote controller:
1. When the "Change Bound RC" option appears on the FPV screen, select it.
2. On the DJI Fly app, go to Profile>Device Management> Value-Added service>Unbind RC. You may unbind the RC first, then connect the remote controller you want to use (DJI RC), and the "Bind New RC" option will be available.

Thank you for your reply!  Before I do this I want to be sure of myself - from the RC-n1, which is currently the bound controller, I select the "Unbind Device" option (in red) on the "Value-added Service" panel of the Device Management section?  When I select that option I receive a warning: "DJI Care Refresh Flyaway Coverage is still valid for your aircraft.  Unbinding your devices will result in being unable to use this coverage"  - which sounds like something I do not want to do!   I would like to be able to use the Air 2S original RC-n1 and the new DJI RC interchangeably, as needed for the shoot, without disrupting my Care Refresh plan for either the Air 2S or the Mini 3 Pro (which supplied my DJI RC).   And, if I do "unbind device" and then bind the DJI RC to the Air 2S will I need to go through this unbind-bind procedure each time I wish to swap remote controllers?   Thank you for your patience with all my questions!

regards,
thom
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 3-2 05:06
Thank you for your reply!  Before I do this I want to be sure of myself - from the RC-n1, which is currently the bound controller, I select the "Unbind Device" option (in red) on the "Value-added Service" panel of the Device Management section?  When I select that option I receive a warning: "DJI Care Refresh Flyaway Coverage is still valid for your aircraft.  Unbinding your devices will result in being unable to use this coverage"  - which sounds like something I do not want to do!   I would like to be able to use the Air 2S original RC-n1 and the new DJI RC interchangeably, as needed for the shoot, without disrupting my Care Refresh plan for either the Air 2S or the Mini 3 Pro (which supplied my DJI RC).   And, if I do "unbind device" and then bind the DJI RC to the Air 2S will I need to go through this unbind-bind procedure each time I wish to swap remote controllers?   Thank you for your patience with all my questions!

regards,

You are most welcome, Thom. Yes, if you want to use the DJI RC, you must unbind the RC-N1 first. Flyaway Coverage will only be invalid if the remote controller you used during a flight is not the bound remote controller so the prompt you received is just to let you know that you must use a bound RC on your flight. And yes, you must do the same steps whenever you want to change remote controllers. We hope this clarifies your concerns. Thanks for your continued support.
2023-3-3
Use props
djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-3 00:56
You are most welcome, Thom. Yes, if you want to use the DJI RC, you must unbind the RC-N1 first. Flyaway Coverage will only be invalid if the remote controller you used during a flight is not the bound remote controller so the prompt you received is just to let you know that you must use a bound RC on your flight. And yes, you must do the same steps whenever you want to change remote controllers. We hope this clarifies your concerns. Thanks for your continued support.

Thank you!  I just completed the unbind-bind operation and all is well.  Thank you for clarifying this process for me!  I appreciate the help very much.
2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 3-3 07:31
Thank you!  I just completed the unbind-bind operation and all is well.  Thank you for clarifying this process for me!  I appreciate the help very much.

We're glad to be of assistance! Stay safe, and have a nice day.
2023-3-5
Use props
djiuser_HYf4VYIYAZbk
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_zW2WCKdG79uP Posted at 3-2 05:06
Thank you for your reply!  Before I do this I want to be sure of myself - from the RC-n1, which is currently the bound controller, I select the "Unbind Device" option (in red) on the "Value-added Service" panel of the Device Management section?  When I select that option I receive a warning: "DJI Care Refresh Flyaway Coverage is still valid for your aircraft.  Unbinding your devices will result in being unable to use this coverage"  - which sounds like something I do not want to do!   I would like to be able to use the Air 2S original RC-n1 and the new DJI RC interchangeably, as needed for the shoot, without disrupting my Care Refresh plan for either the Air 2S or the Mini 3 Pro (which supplied my DJI RC).   And, if I do "unbind device" and then bind the DJI RC to the Air 2S will I need to go through this unbind-bind procedure each time I wish to swap remote controllers?   Thank you for your patience with all my questions!

regards,

Id choose change rather than unbind as it essentially does the same thing without the scary warning.
2023-9-20
Use props
Locutuss
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 3-3 00:56
You are most welcome, Thom. Yes, if you want to use the DJI RC, you must unbind the RC-N1 first. Flyaway Coverage will only be invalid if the remote controller you used during a flight is not the bound remote controller so the prompt you received is just to let you know that you must use a bound RC on your flight. And yes, you must do the same steps whenever you want to change remote controllers. We hope this clarifies your concerns. Thanks for your continued support.

Hi DJI Tony,

Is there a limitation in how often the controller binding can be changed?

I would like the option to use either the RC or the RC-N1 on different occasions. Apart from the re-binding hassle are there any other restrictions?

Tia!
2023-10-14
Use props
BigEar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43012 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 3-1 19:49
Hi, Thom. Thanks for reaching out. To answer your question, you may use the DJI RC for both drones and not void your DJI Care Refresh plan, especially the Flyaway Coverage. Please note that binding the aircraft with the remote controller records the linking relationship between the drone and the remote controller. If the aircraft is lost due to a flyaway incident, you can request to use DJI Care Flyaway Coverage. Not binding the aircraft with the remote controller will result in being unable to use DJI Care Flyaway Coverage. If you want to use the DJI RC on your flight, you must bind it to the aircraft first. Ultimately, you must bind the remote controller you need to use in a flight (whether the RC-N1 or the DJI RC). Here's how you can change the bound remote controller:
1. When the "Change Bound RC" option appears on the FPV screen, select it.
2. On the DJI Fly app, go to Profile>Device Management> Value-Added service>Unbind RC. You may unbind the RC first, then connect the remote controller you want to use (DJI RC), and the "Bind New RC" option will be available.

Sounds like a very troublesome process.  I hope in the future Dji can allow multi-controllers bound to the same drone without unbinding it every single time.
2023-10-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Locutuss Posted at 10-14 12:26
Hi DJI Tony,

Is there a limitation in how often the controller binding can be changed?

Hi, Locutuss. You can bind/unbind your remote whenever you like with no limitations. Have a nice day.
2023-10-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BigEar Posted at 10-14 14:01
Sounds like a very troublesome process.  I hope in the future Dji can allow multi-controllers bound to the same drone without unbinding it every single time.

We understand the inconvenience. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.
2023-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules