Sony (A6500) + Multi Cable + HDMI ?
1771 6 2023-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex-Sugar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1028038 ft
Germany

Friends I have a problem. Until today, I thought I would be the happiest since it was possible to press the REC button directly on the gimbal. Everything was fine until I plugged in my Feelworld monitor and realized it wasn't that simple.
To make a long story short, when you connect a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Micro-USB) and an HDMI monitor at the same time, the external monitor will show a black screen, even if you output the camera interface to the external monitor. The interface is projected, but there is no image from the sensor. As soon as the cable is disconnected, the image on the HDMI appears. From what I have read, the whole problem is the USB mode "PC Remote", which is necessary to control via Gimbal.
My question is, will the HDMI work if I find and buy a Sony Multi Cable (with a longer Micro USB plug)?
Until now I was using the Zhiyun Crane Plus, I could connect to it via Sony Multi (Micro USB to Micro USB) to the camera and it did not need to switch to "PC Remote" mode to control it. Besides HDMI always gave me the picture, that's why I was very disappointed that DJI was having these kind of problems. I would not want to spend money on a new camera (A6600) just to be able to push the REC button on the gimbal via Bluetooth. What are your thoughts on this?

The material used for the test:
- Sony A6500
- DJI RS3
- DJI R Multi-Camera Control Cable (Micro-USB) RS2P07
- Feelworld LUT7 and HDMI Cable

2023-3-2
Use props
Alex-Sugar
lvl.1
Germany

Hey there,

looks like this forum is dead. Anyway I just wanted to tell you, that I have solved my problem by bying a Sony Multi Cable (RS2P06, EAN: 6491565901408). When using this cable, the camera does NOT go into PC Remote mode and you can still control the camera by using the REC Button, M-Button or the Dial (for the Zoom) AND use your exernal monitor.
Important to know, I tried a variety of cables to connect, all were original from DJI:

DJI Ronin-SC Sony-Multi: Didn't work at all, but it was affordable and cheap at the time
DJI R Multi-Camera (RS2P07): Camera control works, but external monitor doesn't work
DJI R Sony-Multi (RS2P06): Camera control works, external monitor works - most expensive (19 EUR + 10 delivery)

2023-3-16
Use props
swarthy
New

United States

Thank you! Having the exact same problem, I ordered  Wrong Cable: "DJI R Multi-Camera Control Cable  for RS 2 & RSC 2 (Micro-USB)" off of US Amazon DJI Store.
ASIN
B08MRPXM11
Item model number
CP.RN.00000106.01

Hopefully this is the right cable

Date First Available
May 30, 2022

DJI R Multi-Camera Control Cable (Sony Multi)
ASIN
B07FSHGHD8
Item model number
CP.RN.00000105.01

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FSHGHD8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

2023-6-13
Use props
caixadoricardo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2195978 ft
Portugal

Alex-Sugar Posted at 3-16 10:05
Hey there,

looks like this forum is dead. Anyway I just wanted to tell you, that I have solved my problem by bying a Sony Multi Cable (RS2P06, EAN: 6491565901408). When using this cable, the camera does NOT go into PC Remote mode and you can still control the camera by using the REC Button, M-Button or the Dial (for the Zoom) AND use your exernal monitor.

Hi!
Glad that you found a solution to your problem!
I'm having a problem trying to power my a6600 with the Multi-camera control cable(Sony Multi).
This is something that I was able to do with my Zhiyun Crane 2, I would even had the option to send power to the camera or to not power it)

Could you power your camera with your RS2P07 cable?

Thanks!
2023-11-8
Use props
Alex-Sugar
lvl.1
Germany

I looked for all sorts of ways to control the camera and be able to energize the camera at the same time. A good option via USB is unfortunately not available or does not work.
I bought this:
- SMALLRIG NP-FW50 Dummy Battery DC
- SMALLRIG NP-F Battery Plate 3168
- NP-F750 Battery (from BAXXTAR)

I glued the battery plate where the transmitter is usually attached (under the board). Believe me, it solved all my problems with camera power supply forever. I have enough power for 6 hours of shooting or half a wedding day. Even if you find a solution with USB and some kind of Powerbank it is still not able to keep the camera charged for a long time. I used this solution when I had a Zhiyun Crane Plus.
With the SMALLRIG NP-F Battery Plate 3168 you can also charge the DJI RS3 itself if you need to, as it has a USB-C output. This means that you can also charge the NP-F battery itself during a pause.

2023-11-8
Use props
caixadoricardo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2195978 ft
Portugal

Alex-Sugar Posted at 11-8 13:33
I looked for all sorts of ways to control the camera and be able to energize the camera at the same time. A good option via USB is unfortunately not available or does not work.
I bought this:
- SMALLRIG NP-FW50 Dummy Battery DC

thank you so much!
I will have to adopt either your solution solution or I'll have to buy an extra np-fz100
It is so annoying that this gimbal does not have power management option. I thought this would be a given it is such a new model.
I even bought a new battery grip thinking I could just switch the grip and have more power...
2023-11-8
Use props
jcbo
New

Russia

I have the same problem with my Sony ZV E10 when using RS3 at the same time as the monitor. Unfortunately, the solution above will not work as ZV E10 has USB-C connector. Maybe someone knows how to solve this problem?
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules