Aspect Ratio Options for 4k and 2.7k video, such as 4:3?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
STOPSTU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333323 ft
United States

QUESTION 1: how do I change the aspect ratio to 4:3 for 4k and 2.7k video?

CONTEXT: after using the drone for some filming, for my first time, I was suprised to learn that all video shot is defaulted in 16:9, and I can't figure out how to change it to 4:3.  

I'm really hoping there is a way to do it, because it seems like such a shamful waste to build such an AWESOME drone with so many intricate features for safety, stability, and especially designed to serve photography/videography interests, and then to fail the Creative of a simple Aspect Ratio, such as 4:3.  

Filming in 16:9 without the extra height of 4:3 really limits how footage can be edited in post without the flexibility to crop the height in order to capture perfect moments.

And honestly, the option to switch the Camera to Vertical is completely pointless with respect to having 1:1 or 4:3 AR options in the first place, which automatically provides the Creative with the best Vertical edit options in post.

QUESTION 2: Is there any chance Dji can simply modify the programing for one of their updates to provide an AR option along with resolution and frame rate?  —Clearly, the camera is capable of filming in 4:3 if It can capture single photos in the same AR.

Thank you for your help and fly safe!

-Stu
2023-3-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is no option to film 4:3 but you can crop later if you want to but playbook will look terrible in that ration.
2023-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules