Smart Controller
1669 12 2023-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlSheehan
lvl.1
Australia

My smart controller has come up with the error message "RC Calibration Required" and won't allow my Air 2S to fly.

If I press the error on the screen, it tells me to "Power off the aircraft, go to Control and perform Calibration (Code 60010).

When I do that I cannot see anything in the Control menu that is relevant to calibrating the remote controller.

I have had this happen to me before, but the issue went away, and I don't know why (perhaps I performed an update while trying to resolve the issue).

I recently reset factory settings to free up memory as the controller was becoming unreliable (blank screen during flight, etc) and in the process DJI fly has reverted to v 1.4.2.

Is there somethign I'm missing or not doing/understanding, or should I just update DJI Fly? (I've resisted doing updates since this reset as it appears the extra memory used from updates makes the controller unreliable).

2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, you can go to DJI Go 4 'Settings'-'Control' and then tap 'RC Calibration' to perform the calibration.
2023-3-2
Use props
AlSheehan
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-2 23:10
Hi there, you can go to 'Settings'-'Control' and then slide down and tap 'RC Calibration' to perform the calibration.

Sounds easy... wish I could.

I cannot find anything mentioning RC Calibration in the Settings/Control window in DJI Fly.

I also cannot find it in the settings for the smart controller itself.

2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AlSheehan Posted at 3-3 00:04

I cannot find anything mentioning RC Calibration in the Settings/Control window in DJI Fly.

Could you please provide us with a video showing your operation so that we can better help you?
2023-3-3
Use props
AlSheehan
lvl.1
Australia

AlSheehan Posted at 3-3 00:04

I've just gone through it again to check, and I cannot find any mention of RC Calibration.

I have re-calibrated the gimbal several times as well as the compass in the smart controller, but obviously these are not the problem.
2023-3-3
Use props
AlSheehan
lvl.1
Australia

AlSheehan Posted at 3-3 00:16
I've just gone through it again to check, and I cannot find any mention of RC Calibration.

I have re-calibrated the gimbal several times as well as the compass in the smart controller, but obviously these are not the problem.

When the error comes up, I've powered down the aircraft, gone to Settings in DJI Fly, then Control window.

The options I have available are:

Aircraft: Units, Gain and Expo Tuning

Gimbal: Gimbal Mode, Allow upward Gimbal Rotation, Gimbal Calibration, Recenter Gimbal

Remote Controller: Stick Mode, Button Customisation

Flight Tutorial

Re-Pair to Aircraft (Link)

That is all, no RC Calibration. I have also checked the Stick mode and Button Customisation windows but it isn't there either.
2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AlSheehan Posted at 3-3 00:16

To better help you find the 'RC Calibration', could you please provide us with a video of your operation to confirm further so that we can provide more detailed guidance? Please also make sure the firmware is up to date. You may also refer to the two ways below:1. Drop-down menu, click "Control stick Calibration" (enter DJI GO 4) to calibrate.
1.png
2. Power on the DJI Smart Controller, click the "APP center" button, then select "DJI GO 4" and then enter the remote controller settings page to calibrate it.

2.png

2023-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlSheehan Posted at 3-3 00:27
When the error comes up, I've powered down the aircraft, gone to Settings in DJI Fly, then Control window.

The options I have available are:

You need to go into the controllers settings and not from the Fly app but from the main menu.  
2023-3-3
Use props
AlSheehan
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-3 00:31
To better help you find the 'RC Calibration', could you please provide us with a video of your operation to confirm further so that we can provide more detailed guidance? Please also make sure the firmware is up to date.

Lets see if this works:

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/cAR6Fu1zigpm
Valid until 5 Mar 2023
2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AlSheehan Posted at 3-3 00:42
Lets see if this works:

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/cAR6Fu1zigpm

It seems that the file is still uploading and we are unable to check it. Please note that currently, there is no calibration option on the remote controller setting page of the DJI Fly APP. May I ask did you try the two methods above?
2023-3-3
Use props
AlSheehan
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-3 00:53
It seems that the file is still uploading and we are unable to check it. Please note that currently, there is no calibration option on the remote controller setting page of the DJI Fly APP. May I ask did you try the two methods above?

Not yet. When I try to log into  GO4 it asks for a verification code that I'm not getting.
2023-3-3
Use props
AlSheehan
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-3 00:53
It seems that the file is still uploading and we are unable to check it. Please note that currently, there is no calibration option on the remote controller setting page of the DJI Fly APP. May I ask did you try the two methods above?

Thanks for your help and patience Mindy!

It's the damn swipe down from the top of the screen that I didn't know!

I've successfully recalibrated the controller.

Thank you so much!
2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AlSheehan Posted at 3-3 01:09
Thanks for your help and patience Mindy!

It's the damn swipe down from the top of the screen that I didn't know!

Glad to know it's resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2023-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules