Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh what a muddle.......

Cruising about looking for a new target this morning and this grouping caught my eye.

Taken with a lighty used Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-3-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Remarkable find and capture DA.    Very peculiar how they have the boats situated.  Would take quite a bit of effort to get one out of that muddle.  However, they did maximize use of the available space.
2023-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-3 03:12
Remarkable find and capture DA.    Very peculiar how they have the boats situated.  Would take quite a bit of effort to get one out of that muddle.  However, they did maximize use of the available space.

Indeed but if you look closely theres cars, vans,  house and containers in there too.
2023-3-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-3 04:22
Indeed but if you look closely theres cars, vans,  house and containers in there too.

Yeah, that is quite an assortment of things in that yard.  Definitely not neat and tidy like the other shot you captured.
2023-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-3 04:29
Yeah, that is quite an assortment of things in that yard.  Definitely not neat and tidy like the other shot you captured.

Funny story,  the red rusty barge in the top left used to be 4 miles down the coast,   I would walk past it on a covid walk with a former co worker and then one day it was gone.      About 6 month later I spotted it by chance in the boat yard creek and now it's been moved to this location.   Anyway about 1 week after spotting where it had moved to I got a comment on IG on a shot of the bar thats on a barge there,   and when I looked at his profile I could see he was the one that had moved up river to its new home.
2023-3-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-3 04:34
Funny story,  the red rusty barge in the top left used to be 4 miles down the coast,   I would walk past it on a covid walk with a former co worker and then one day it was gone.      About 6 month later I spotted it by chance in the boat yard creek and now it's been moved to this location.   Anyway about 1 week after spotting where it had moved to I got a comment on IG on a shot of the bar thats on a barge there,   and when I looked at his profile I could see he was the one that had moved up river to its new home.

That's quite the story.  Kind of neat how you were able to keep coming across the same barge.
2023-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-3 04:50
That's quite the story.  Kind of neat how you were able to keep coming across the same barge.

I call it rusty bucket. .  I was hoping that when it had moved that they would do something with it.  But alas it continues to rust.
2023-3-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great shot!
2023-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cheers Pete.  
2023-3-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2023-3-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-3 05:05
I call it rusty bucket. .  I was hoping that when it had moved that they would do something with it.  But alas it continues to rust.

Keeps on rusting it will soon be sitting on the bottom.
2023-3-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Sure makes for an interesting composition. Wouldn't like to be the person attempting to get stuff out of there though, seems like somebody took too much inspiration from Tetris when they placed those all there
2023-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 3-3 14:08
Sure makes for an interesting composition. Wouldn't like to be the person attempting to get stuff out of there though, seems like somebody took too much inspiration from Tetris when they placed those all there

But they can cheat and use the crane thats top right.  
2023-3-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-3 13:53
Keeps on rusting it will soon be sitting on the bottom.

I suspect thats many years away yet.  
2023-3-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-4 01:19
I suspect thats many years away yet.

Yeah, even sitting in sea water things tend to take many, many years to rust away.  A couple of the old sunken Spanish ships I dove on had the metal onboard rusted away but the wood seemed to last for hundreds of years.  One of the small cannons that survived was only because it had been completely encrusted and kept it from being exposed to the effects of years of salt water.
2023-3-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-4 04:21
Yeah, even sitting in sea water things tend to take many, many years to rust away.  A couple of the old sunken Spanish ships I dove on had the metal onboard rusted away but the wood seemed to last for hundreds of years.  One of the small cannons that survived was only because it had been completely encrusted and kept it from being exposed to the effects of years of salt water.

Did you see the pics of that ship wreck that was in the news the other,   Id google it but I cant recall the name,   It sunk in ice water and is really well preserved.  
2023-3-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What a clutter. Crane needed to extricate some of those?
2023-3-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 06:51
What a clutter. Crane needed to extricate some of those?

Probably,   although the crane gets used to lift things over the edge into the water.  
2023-3-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-4 05:13
Did you see the pics of that ship wreck that was in the news the other,   Id google it but I cant recall the name,   It sunk in ice water and is really well preserved.

Was that the ship in Lake Huron?  I think the ship's name was Ironton.
2023-3-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-5 04:58
Was that the ship in Lake Huron?  I think the ship's name was Ironton.

No it was the Endurance shipwreck.   
2023-3-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-5 05:08
No it was the Endurance shipwreck.

Ahh, you're absolutely right.  Now I remember seeing news on that.  Sir Ernest Shackleton Antarctic explorer boat.  I should have known the Ironton on Lake Huron was wrong as they do get ice but not like where Sir Shackleton's boat went down.  
2023-3-5
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-4 01:16
But they can cheat and use the crane thats top right.

Well spotted, didn't think of that.
2023-3-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-5 06:06
Ahh, you're absolutely right.  Now I remember seeing news on that.  Sir Ernest Shackleton Antarctic explorer boat.  I should have known the Ironton on Lake Huron was wrong as they do get ice but not like where Sir Shackleton's boat went down.

I was stunned how well preserved it was,   ice water does wonders it would seem.  
2023-3-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 00:20
I was stunned how well preserved it was,   ice water does wonders it would seem.

Makes you wonder what is preserved under all the ice in the Arctic and Antarctic regions.  I'm guessing lots of dinosaur fossils and who knows what else.
2023-3-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-6 04:20
Makes you wonder what is preserved under all the ice in the Arctic and Antarctic regions.  I'm guessing lots of dinosaur fossils and who knows what else.

Thats a very interesting point for sure.
2023-3-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 04:59
Thats a very interesting point for sure.

I'm guessing there are some valuable minerals there also.  
2023-3-6
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

And I thought finding a car parking space at Tesco was bad
2023-8-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain