Ronin S firmware update failed
2555 6 2023-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wout
lvl.1
Netherlands

My Ronin S can't update. Tried with Ronin off, Ronin on, balanced with camera and without. The problem now is that the motors don't work when I turn the Ronin on. So this means I am unable to use my gimball. Here is a link to the log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IJAJe_n22zEjjr4q419rF9nyw183O1kH/view?usp=share_link

Please give me a fix for this because I need the gimball for my work.
2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Wout. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. What is the current firmware version of your device? May we ask if you received any error codes while updating? If none, please try to update again follwoing the steps below:

1. To update the firmware, first, mount the Ronin-S and adjust the balance of the gimbal.
2. Confirm that the battery is fully charged. It is recommended to update the firmware when the gimbal is turned off.
3. Use the Type-C provided to connect the Ronin-S to the computer. Launch the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin, and log in to your DJI account.
4. Tap the Ronin-S icon and enter the Firmware Update page. Wait and refresh the firmware update list.
5. Select the firmware version that you wish to update, and operate correspondingly. Wait until the firmware updating is finished, and the gimbal will update automatically.
6. Restart the gimbal after the firmware update is finished.
Tips:
1. During updating, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet. Do not interrupt the data connection.
2. After the update is finished, if the gimbal's LED blinks red, it indicates that the firmware update fails, try updating again.

You may also watch this video as a reference:
2023-3-3
Use props
Wout
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-3 19:23
Hi, Wout. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. What is the current firmware version of your device? May we ask if you received any error codes while updating? If none, please try to update again follwoing the steps below:

1. To update the firmware, first, mount the Ronin-S and adjust the balance of the gimbal.

Hi Gamora,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I already walked through these steps several times. All the steps succeed until the update is almost finished. When the update is at 99% a message appears that the update failed. It doesn't matter if I try the latest update or an older version. After the failed updates, still no response on the motors.
2023-3-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Wout Posted at 3-7 07:21
Hi Gamora,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I already walked through these steps several times. All the steps succeed until the update is almost finished. When the update is at 99% a message appears that the update failed. It doesn't matter if I try the latest update or an older version. After the failed updates, still no response on the motors.

Hi, Wout. Thank you for the update. After the analysis of the logs that you have provided, there is a high probability that the gimbal has a hardware fault and needs to be sent back for testing. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-3-8
Use props
Wout
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi Gamora,

Thanks for the reply. I will send the gimball through repair.
2023-3-11
Use props
Benson01
New

Hungary

Hi, I have the same problem with my Ronin S. I'm only able to update when the Focus Wheel is unplugged, but every time I attach the Focus Wheel again, the firmware version disappears, and I encounter the same error at 99% after trying to install. Is there any way to fix it?
4-11 10:35
Use props
Wout
lvl.1
Netherlands

Benson01 Posted at 4-11 10:35
Hi, I have the same problem with my Ronin S. I'm only able to update when the Focus Wheel is unplugged, but every time I attach the Focus Wheel again, the firmware version disappears, and I encounter the same error at 99% after trying to install. Is there any way to fix it?

I had to contact support. Had to mail the product and they repaired it. Hope this works for you aswell.
4-11 23:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules