1800 53 2023-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

It seems with DJI - money talks..

Ok fine its clear you just wanted more money for the SDK so you relased the enterprise (basicly the Mavic 3 with SDK)..

just relase a paid firmware update with the SDK for what ever price - 1000 dollars ? thats fine..

just bloody release it.. we know its ready
2023-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mavic 3 was never advertised as having an SDK.     Im not sure why people get so worked up over a feature that was never promised.
2023-3-3
Use props
Glhs958
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753130 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-3 05:52
The Mavic 3 was never advertised as having an SDK.     Im not sure why people get so worked up over a feature that was never promised.

No disrespect but DJI has set a precedent with delivering on a SDK for their full line up of drones until the Mavic 3. Even drones released after the Mavic 3 are slated to have a SDK so what gives?
With out going all the way back here is a sample list of DJI drones that have a SDK
Mavic Mini, DJI Mini 2, DJI Mini SE, Mavic Air, Mavic Air 2, Phantom 4 series, Mavic Pro, DJI Air 2S, Mavic 2 series, Matrice 300, 200, 210 series, Matrice M30 series, ect.
2023-3-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, @DAFlys, I personally am worked up over it because before I bought 2 Cine's and a standard 3, I was absolutely assured by a Authorized DJI representative that it would be made available.  Also, their developer site had indicated it would be.  Those postings have since been updated and had many iterations and removals as their strategy changed.

I think it is reasonable to infer that it would be available also given that this is the first (AFAIK) that has not had a SDK made available.  And if that does not get one worked up enough, then they indicate the Mini3 Pro will get a SDK.  : )  It is a touch insulting and aggravating.  

Once the SDK position became clear, I sold a Cine and the standard M3 since they were not going to fit my use case of automated capture.  In my book, DJI made a mis-step.

2023-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

just release a paid firmware update with the SDK for what ever price - 1000 dollars ? thats fine..
They already did ... it's called the Enterprise model.
2023-3-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-3 09:26
Well, @DAFlys, I personally am worked up over it because before I bought 2 Cine's and a standard 3, I was absolutely assured by a Authorized DJI representative that it would be made available.  Also, their developer site had indicated it would be.  Those postings have since been updated and had many iterations and removals as their strategy changed.

I think it is reasonable to infer that it would be available also given that this is the first (AFAIK) that has not had a SDK made available.  And if that does not get one worked up enough, then they indicate the Mini3 Pro will get a SDK.  : )  It is a touch insulting and aggravating.  

Totally agree with your comment "DJI made a mis-step" Tony.  
2023-3-3
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-3 12:55
just release a paid firmware update with the SDK for what ever price - 1000 dollars ? thats fine..
They already did ... it's called the Enterprise model.

Well doh ..

That was my point

2023-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Renames Posted at 3-3 15:27
Well doh ..

That was my point

???
Your post was asking DJI to do something that they already have.
.... which seems to be pointless.

2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We are very sorry to inform you that DJI Mavic 3 does not support SDK development currently, and we have not received notice that SDK development will be added at this time. Please rest assured that we have recorded your request and provided feedback to the related department. Please check DJI's official website for the latest updates. Thank you for your support!
2023-3-3
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-3 15:51
???
Your post was asking DJI to do something that they already have.
.... which seems to be pointless.

No I am asking DJI to give us a upgrade path to upgrade to SDK.

make it the price of the different between classic and enterprise.

The internal flight hardware is identical.

I do not sell my drones in Australia - period due to the CASA database never actually releasing the drone owner info - so selling and upgrading is not a option - I would need to just buy the drone outright
2023-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Renames Posted at 3-3 18:28
No I am asking DJI to give us a upgrade path to upgrade to RTK.

Make up your mind ... you started asking for DJI to release an SDK ... now it's RTK ????

I do not sell my drones in Australia - period due to the CASA database never actually releasing the drone owner info - so selling and upgrading is not a option - I would need to just buy the drone outright
????
What does this mean??
What's that got to do with anything??

2023-3-3
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-3 21:01
Make up your mind ... you started asking for DJI to release an SDK ... now it's RTK ????

He's saying that his drone will always be tied to his name even after selling it. I have no idea how Austraila drone laws work but it's pretty clear what he is saying here. It'd be like purchasing a firearm and later down the road you sale it then it trades hands a few more times. Then one day a crime involving your old firearm leads to a SWAT team at your doorstep. Australians don't see many firearms I'd imagine but maybe you at least see his point now.

To OP - Careful what you wish for. The M3E might have an SDK but it lacks in many other departments where the normal Mavic 3's shine. I guarantee if you purchased one you'd be more disapointed than you are now. I know I sure was.
2023-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-3 21:43
He's saying that his drone will always be tied to his name even after selling it. I have no idea how Austraila drone laws work but it's pretty clear what he is saying here. It'd be like purchasing a firearm and later down the road you sale it then it trades hands a few more times. Then one day a crime involving your old firearm leads to a SWAT team at your doorstep. Australians don't see many firearms I'd imagine but maybe you at least see his point now.

To OP - Careful what you wish for. The M3E might have an SDK but it lacks in many other departments where the normal Mavic 3's shine. I guarantee if you purchased one you'd be more disapointed than you are now. I know I sure was.

He's saying that his drone will always be tied to his name even after selling it. I have no idea how Austraila drone laws work but it's pretty clear what he is saying here.
Pretty clear ??
I've read what he wrote several times and still can't work out what he's saying - (I can't see what you think he's saying here).
or ... what it has to do with his thread asking DJI to release an SDK for the Mavic 3.
It's like he's dropped it into the wrong thread.

I'd imagine but maybe you at least see his point now.
No
And since Australia doesn't have drone registration, it makes even less sense.

2023-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glhs958 Posted at 3-3 08:17
No disrespect but DJI has set a precedent with delivering on a SDK for their full line up of drones until the Mavic 3. Even drones released after the Mavic 3 are slated to have a SDK so what gives?
With out going all the way back here is a sample list of DJI drones that have a SDK
Mavic Mini, DJI Mini 2, DJI Mini SE, Mavic Air, Mavic Air 2, Phantom 4 series, Mavic Pro, DJI Air 2S, Mavic 2 series, Matrice 300, 200, 210 series, Matrice M30 series, ect.

Im sorry that you assumed something that they've not delivered yet.  
2023-3-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 3-3 09:26

I think it is reasonable to infer that it would be available also given that this is the first (AFAIK) that has not had a SDK made available.  And if that does not get one worked up enough, then they indicate the Mini3 Pro will get a SDK.  : )  It is a touch insulting and aggravating.  

Then thats a very different story,   Id say go back to that dealer and demand a refund.
2023-3-4
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-3 21:55
He's saying that his drone will always be tied to his name even after selling it. I have no idea how Austraila drone laws work but it's pretty clear what he is saying here.
Pretty clear ??
I've read what he wrote several times and still can't work out what he's saying - (I can't see what you think he's saying here).

cool.. except we do lol

https://www.casa.gov.au/drones/r ... register-your-drone

I really wish people like you lean to keep your trap shut on areas you have no clue about.

And yes I fly under my RePL
2023-3-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

I really wish people like you lean to keep your trap shut on areas you have no clue about.
I have no clue about anything in this thread, becaus enothing you've posted makes any sense at all.
Each post you've made has no relation tho the previous one.

What are you on about.
You started asking about the SDK for the Mavic 3.
That morphed into RTK.
And then you dropped in some completely unrelated gibberish about not selling drones.
What gives?
2023-3-4
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-4 02:58
I really wish people like you lean to keep your trap shut on areas you have no clue about.
I have no clue about anything in this thread, becaus enothing you've posted makes any sense at all.
Each post you've made has no relation tho the previous one.

Your IQ or lack of is none of my concern. Go clean that brown crap of your nose and find someone else to bother.
2023-3-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Renames Posted at 3-3 18:28

I agree with Labroides, I don't want to offend you but at the beginning you talk about SDK on the consumer range then you go to RTK with the enterprise range, which has no relation. It's hard to follow.

"The internal flight hardware is identical."
When you have time, look at the little plug on the top of the M3 enterprise range...

"I do not sell my drones in Australia - period due to the CASA database never actually releasing the drone owner info"
Take a good look at the web page you recommended to us:
You can register your drone online and it only takes a few minutes. Each registration is valid for 12 months.
Nothing prevents you from making sure that the buyer has done the necessary administrative procedures before giving him your drone...

Also in accordance with this website, registration is not compulsory for recreational flyers. We don't know you, give us more details if you want the right info.

All that to say that your initial idea is how to say, not good. We pay quite a lot for DJI products, let's avoid showing them that we are ready to pay extra for what is included today. The root of the problem is that it takes time to come. We must continue to argue about this on the forum, but offering money to DJI is a crazy idea. We see that not all countries have the same GDP.

2023-3-4
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn’t Pay extra for an SDK… I agree with the OP though this is a bunch of bull..  however with the “unplanned” and contradictory release of the Mini 3 Pro SDK coming, I have a feeling the Mavic 3 will come out soon after.

I bought an M3 Classic, returned it and ended up with the M3 normal version.  If they hadn’t announced the mini 3 pro SDK my m3 normal would have been returned but I’m hanging on in hope

But seriously. I wouldn’t pay for an SDK.  
2023-3-4
Use props
BladeZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was advertised at release but then retracted soon after.
I'm not complaining because there is nothing, for myself, that the SDK would offer over what is already in DJI FLY.  
2023-3-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BladeZ Posted at 3-4 05:04
It was advertised at release but then retracted soon after.
I'm not complaining because there is nothing, for myself, that the SDK would offer over what is already in DJI FLY.

They didnt advertise here for release.   After release there was a post on the developer site that it was coming which was later retracted.  
2023-3-4
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

I cant understand DJI. Make clients angry for something they have been done in most drones models already. We are talking here about a $3000 drone (FMC when I puchased) and not a spark.
It really worth it DJI make your clients angry?
2023-3-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If people keep buying the drone then what incentive is there for DJI to change their policy? Tearing your hair out after having bought does them no harm.
2023-3-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As for the suggestion of $1000, what use could the average pilot make of any SDK or what ever file the OP is talking about? Genuine question.
2023-3-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-4 07:22
As for the suggestion of $1000, what use could the average pilot make of any SDK or what ever file the OP is talking about? Genuine question.

zero.

$1000 is just an amount that indicates how much he really wants it!  it's like saying i'd pay a million dollars.
2023-3-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am a bit puzzled by that post, the site you provide the link to,
has a section entitled "Deregistering your drone" and states
"You MUST deregister your drone if you:
> lose it
> damage it beyond repair
> SELL or dispose of it."

The above seems to be at odds to your posts 12 "I do not sell my drones in Australia - period due to the CASA database never actually releasing the drone owner info - so selling and upgrading is not a option - " & 21, can you explain the difference?
2023-3-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-4 01:09
Then thats a very different story,   Id say go back to that dealer and demand a refund.

No longer in business, but also not in my nature.  I just move on and move forward.  Lessons learned.
2023-3-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The SDK is Software Developers Kit,  unless you are designing and coding apps and/or software, it is useless.
2023-3-4
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

I agree. That's why they made the enterprise version.
2023-3-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-4 08:38
The SDK is Software Developers Kit,  unless you are designing and coding apps and/or software, it is useless.

Exactly .... DJI couldn't release an SDK to individual drone owners who pay more for it.
The SDK needs to be released widely to 3rd party software developers like DroneDeploy so they can update their products to work with the Mavic 3.
Selling it to individual drone owners wouldn't help anyone.

This is just more evidence of the ignorance of the OP (if any more was needed after his thought-disordered ranting wasn't enough.
2023-3-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-4 08:17
I am a bit puzzled by that post, the site you provide the link to,
has a section entitled "Deregistering your drone" and states

he's a certain type of person, we get these sometimes.  if you register your "equipment" with the government (commonly referred to as guns here in america) then your name is forever tied to it.  the government will take your deregistration request and they will even allow others to re-register it but the list of owners is long and perpetual.  if anything happens with that drone or if the government sets out to "collect" all drones, they start from the top down...or maybe not; maybe they just come straight away to see you!     we refuse to register most firearms here in america for that reason.  not that the gun and the drone are nefarious tools but because alot of people see it that way.  remember, registration = confiscation. ;)
2023-3-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 3-4 14:36
he's a certain type of person, we get these sometimes.  if you register your "equipment" with the government (commonly referred to as guns here in america) then your name is forever tied to it.  the government will take your deregistration request and they will even allow others to re-register it but the list of owners is long and perpetual.  if anything happens with that drone or if the government sets out to "collect" all drones, they start from the top down...or maybe not; maybe they just come straight away to see you!     we refuse to register most firearms here in america for that reason.  not that the gun and the drone are nefarious tools but because alot of people see it that way.  remember, registration = confiscation. ;)

remember, registration = confiscation.
That's completely ridiculous nonsense.
The kind of mindless garbage misinformation that you gun cultists feed yourselves on.
registration = confiscation !!!
I guess you don't register your car, boat or dog too because your government just wants to confiscate those, like they took away your guns.
Oh .. I forgot ... they didn't take away your guns, did they?
2023-3-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-4 15:38
The kind of mindless garbage misinformation that you gun cultists feed yourselves on.

Not yet, they took yours!!!
2023-3-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-4 15:38
The kind of mindless garbage misinformation that you gun cultists feed yourselves on.

no i don't want to register my car but unfortunately the government has insisted and i don't have a constitutional right backing me up.   not so concerned with the government confiscating my car, i can easily get another one.  but as far i can tell, they're nowhere close to confiscating cars.  1) i haven't seen it brutally done recently to subjects in other countries (except au, nz, and 1940s de), 2) there's no advantage to the government to take people's cars, 3) there's no way to stop people from traveling by taking their cars, 4) i don't see a whole bunch of ridiculous rules around cars that hint that they don't want you to drive like one person per car restrictions, no cars curfew, cannot driving a car into the mall parking lot and other restricted zones, can't sell a car to another person who isn't  gvt qualified, must keep cars locked up else it's a felony....you know, the stupid laws they have for guns.  too many people have cars so it will be nearly impossible to take them all and thanks to me and others stopping the registrations on gun, too many of us have them making it nearly impossible to confiscate them all.  the instant the government calls for registration, it only means one thing:  they intend to ultimately confiscate them as their end goal.  they fool the people into thinking the registration will keep the guns safe and help the police track criminals....but we know better.  bottom line is this:  i have a constitutional right to bear and keep arms and you don't have that same right when it comes to cars and drones.  when the gvt demands you to register your possessions, you ask what's the fee and how many can i have.  i say NO.  

btw, the city that demands that you register your pit bulls, it's not so they can file an insurance claim when you dog bites a criminal.  on the first year of the year when the no-pit-bulls law is passed, they take out their registration list and everyone on that list must report to the government integration center with the registered dog muzzled and on a leash OR with a bill of sale identifying the new owner ELSE you'll get an arrest warrant; one or the other.  there won't be a "take your dog and leave town" directive.  such a law is feckless unless all pit bulls are registered.  of course, by the middle of the year, the only city residents who own pit bulls are the criminals.  that's part two of the discussion, the laws are meant to control the honest, law-abiding citizens.
2023-3-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-4 16:32

A tiny injection of facts for you.
The gun lobby pushes lies to the contrary but Australians gave up semi-automatic guns willingly and received fair monetary compensation too.
2023-3-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 3-4 16:56
no i don't want to register my car but unfortunately the government has insisted and i don't have a constitutional right backing me up.   not so concerned with the government confiscating my car, i can easily get another one.  but as far i can tell, they're nowhere close to confiscating cars.  1) i haven't seen it brutally done recently to subjects in other countries (except au, nz, and 1940s de), 2) there's no advantage to the government to take people's cars, 3) there's no way to stop people from traveling by taking their cars, 4) i don't see a whole bunch of ridiculous rules around cars that hint that they don't want you to drive like one person per car restrictions, no cars curfew, cannot driving a car into the mall parking lot and other restricted zones, can't sell a car to another person who isn't  gvt qualified, must keep cars locked up else it's a felony....you know, the stupid laws they have for guns.  too many people have cars so it will be nearly impossible to take them all and thanks to me and others stopping the registrations on gun, too many of us have them making it nearly impossible to confiscate them all.  the instant the government calls for registration, it only means one thing:  they intend to ultimately confiscate them as their end goal.  they fool the people into thinking the registration will keep the guns safe and help the police track criminals....but we know better.  bottom line is this:  i have a constitutional right to bear and keep arms and you don't have that same right when it comes to cars and drones.  when the gvt demands you to register your possessions, you ask what's the fee and how many can i have.  i say NO.  

btw, the city that demands that you register your pit bulls, it's not so they can file an insurance claim when you dog bites a criminal.  on the first year of the year when the no-pit-bulls law is passed, they take out their registration list and everyone on that list must report to the government integration center with the registered dog muzzled and on a leash OR with a bill of sale identifying the new owner ELSE you'll get an arrest warrant; one or the other.  there won't be a "take your dog and leave town" directive.  such a law is feckless unless all pit bulls are registered.  of course, by the middle of the year, the only city residents who own pit bulls are the criminals.  that's part two of the discussion, the laws are meant to control the honest, law-abiding citizens.

registration = confiscation = absolute garbage
2023-3-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-4 17:44
registration = confiscation = absolute garbage

just to clarify,  the singular primary purpose or goal, at least here in america where we are supposed to be free of such:

when i see "forced government registration" with no exceptions, i believe that means it "ultimately leads to absolute confiscation from the citizens."  this is where the phrase comes from and this is generally what it means.  the only reason to do this is so you can confiscate pretty much every single registered tool when the time comes.  nobody is going to come out and say this but we know it's true.
2023-3-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-4 17:41
A tiny injection of facts for you.
The gun lobby pushes lies to the contrary but Australians gave up semi-automatic guns willingly and received fair monetary compensation too.

You gave up pretty easy.
"Fair monetary compensation" - no such thing when Rights are concerned.
Labs, you are brilliant when it comes to reading logs and deducing cause and effect.
But on this front, you are brain-dead.
2023-3-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-4 20:24
You gave up pretty easy.
"Fair monetary compensation" - no such thing when Rights are concerned.
Labs, you are brilliant when it comes to reading logs and deducing cause and effect.

I'm also an Australian who was here and observed the process as it happened and how the country has moved on since.
I've heard the vile lies about it from your gun lobby and they are far from the truth.
The gun buyback was accepted happily by the vast majority of Australians and not seen as losing rights.
(Like the rest of the world) We're happy not to be cursed with a gun lobby determining policy for the country and completely brainwashing individuals like the Saint above.
2023-3-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules