M3T Thermal Image data
3984 23 2023-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

Anyone know if the M3T thermal images are compatible with FLIR Thermal Studio? Curious before I invest the money in the software. I've read on a few other forums DJI's RJPG's were encrypted and only usable with their Thermal Analysis tool. However, some have used 3rd party software convert the file types. I contacted FLIR for info, but they don't have a clue. Second, I contacted DJI Support and am waiting for a reply...
2023-3-3
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

For those who would like to know, I downloaded the FLIR Thermal Studio Starter (their free version) and opened a thermal image from the M3T. FLIR's software would NOT read the radiometric data from the image. Next, I opened the same image in DJI Thermal Analysis 3.0 and there is was. I guess DJI's radiometric data is encrypted? Maybe someone from DJI will see this and explain...
2023-3-3
Use props
Arnor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Vince91 Posted at 3-3 20:32
For those who would like to know, I downloaded the FLIR Thermal Studio Starter (their free version) and opened a thermal image from the M3T. FLIR's software would NOT read the radiometric data from the image. Next, I opened the same image in DJI Thermal Analysis 3.0 and there is was. I guess DJI's radiometric data is encrypted? Maybe someone from DJI will see this and explain...

Hello! It's not encrypted but differently encoded...same as H20T.

So you can or convert it yourself or buy a software / script or use online service if you need Flir compatibility...or use DJI thermal soft which is basic.
https://atyges.es/en/product/atygeo-thermal/
https://dronethermaltool.com/
https://github.com/tejakattenborn/dji_h20t_rpeg_to_tif
2023-3-3
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

Arnor Posted at 3-3 22:28
Hello! It's not encrypted but differently encoded...same as H20T.

So you can or convert it yourself or buy a software / script or use online service if you need Flir compatibility...or use DJI thermal soft which is basic.

Gotcha.  I need FLIR compatibility, at least until I get finished with my upcoming Thermography cert. Thank you for the help!
2023-3-3
Use props
Arnor
lvl.4
Belgium

Vince91 Posted at 3-3 23:37
Gotcha.  I need FLIR compatibility, at least until I get finished with my upcoming Thermography cert. Thank you for the help!

Are you doing Level 1 certification? Maybe easier to rent a Flir :-)
ps: Good luck!
2023-3-4
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

Arnor Posted at 3-4 22:22
Are you doing Level 1 certification? Maybe easier to rent a Flir :-)
ps: Good luck!

Thank you! Yessir, it's the Infrared Training Center's Level 1 sUAS Thermography course. I've thought about renting a FLIR, but since this is an sUAS specific course and I'm using the M3T, I need to learn with what I've got. Plus, the wife would probably kill me since I just bought the M3T.
2023-3-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Sorry for the belated reply.
Just a kind reminder that the M3T thermal images are not compatible with FLIR Thermal Studio.
Thanks for your support.
2023-3-4
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-4 23:45
Hi, there.
Sorry for the belated reply.
Just a kind reminder that the M3T thermal images are not compatible with FLIR Thermal Studio.

Thanks. You may be late, but you still beat a reply from Support...
2023-3-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Vince91 Posted at 3-5 03:22
Thanks. You may be late, but you still beat a reply from Support...

We are sincerely sorry for the long waiting.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to contact us here anytime.
2023-3-5
Use props
Arnor
lvl.4
Belgium

Vince91 Posted at 3-4 23:00
Thank you! Yessir, it's the Infrared Training Center's Level 1 sUAS Thermography course. I've thought about renting a FLIR, but since this is an sUAS specific course and I'm using the M3T, I need to learn with what I've got. Plus, the wife would probably kill me since I just bought the M3T.

Hehe! Is it course and certification? Do you happen to have a link? Is it remote?
2023-3-7
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

Arnor Posted at 3-7 02:53
Hehe! Is it course and certification? Do you happen to have a link? Is it remote?

It will be a certification and yep, it's online via Zoom. Here you go: https://www.infraredtraining.com/level-page/?code=L1UASO-EN

Sorry. For some reason the hyperlink feature wouldn't work...

2023-3-7
Use props
Redeye55
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Vince91 Posted at 3-7 04:46
It will be a certification and yep, it's online via Zoom. Here you go: https://www.infraredtraining.com/level-page/?code=L1UASO-EN

Sorry. For some reason the hyperlink feature wouldn't work...

Hello Sir!
I'm travelling down the same road, having just accuired the M3T and planning for the online sUAS cert course. What is the solution to utilize the M3T thermal cam for the training you have considered?
2023-3-10
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

Redeye55 Posted at 3-10 04:07
Hello Sir!
I'm travelling down the same road, having just accuired the M3T and planning for the online sUAS cert course. What is the solution to utilize the M3T thermal cam for the training you have considered?

I'm not absolutely certain where I'm going yet. I'll be retiring from my present career in the next month and relocating to another state [due to my wife's job]. Once I know where we're moving, I'll see what's available in the area. Haven't decided whether I want to work for myself or someone else [to gain experience].
2023-3-18
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

Arnor Posted at 3-7 02:53

Did you take a look at the course information?
2023-3-31
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

Redeye55 Posted at 3-10 04:07
Hello Sir!
I'm travelling down the same road, having just accuired the M3T and planning for the online sUAS cert course. What is the solution to utilize the M3T thermal cam for the training you have considered?

I just completed Infrared Training Center's Level 1 sUAS Thermography course. Quite an in-depth course and I highly recommend.
2023-3-31
Use props
djiuser_ZknvN2nWQWW6
lvl.1

Poland

Hi
Maybe someone know  how to resolve  that problem. Software DJI tool 3.  I took picture Ir mavic 3 T and next put that photo on computer software DJI tool 3 .Result is below. Photo in Tool 3 is unclear and not legible.
2023-4-5
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Netherlands

Vince91 Posted at 3-31 21:45
Did you take a look at the course information?

I did, may try to get certified myself if time allows :-)

How is it going on your side?
2023-4-11
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_ZknvN2nWQWW6 Posted at 4-5 11:02
Hi
Maybe someone know  how to resolve  that problem. Software DJI tool 3.  I took picture Ir mavic 3 T and next put that photo on computer software DJI tool 3 .Result is below. Photo in Tool 3 is unclear and not legible.
[view_image]

Does the DJI Thermal Tool 3 allow you to adjust the Span? If not, see if changing palettes helps. From what I've seen of DJI's tool, it's very basic. Try using FLIR's tool, if you have a way to convert the file. I don't have my Windows laptop to check myself right now.
2023-4-11
Use props
Vince91
lvl.1

United States

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 4-11 00:06
I did, may try to get certified myself if time allows :-)

How is it going on your side?

Other than having to pack everything up to move, it's going well. You? Hopefully you'll be able to get that certification. Never hurts to have another one.
2023-4-11
Use props
Mosaic
lvl.1

United States

Hi Vince, I wanted to talk to you about some thermal projects that you may be interested in.
I'll send you a DM
2023-4-27
Use props
ste.vol
lvl.1

Italy

Hi, I am new to this forum and thermal analysis. Do you know what is the model of the thermal camera that is present on the M3T? I was not able to find any information related to this point. I have been searching for a while on the internet and now in this forum without succeding. As far as I understood, it's a thermal camera produced by DJI and not from Flir, correct? So for further analysis do I need to convert the format? I would like to obtain a thermal orthomosaic with temperature info in it. Do you have some recommendation of good tutorials? Thanks in advanced.
2023-6-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

ste.vol Posted at 6-7 04:36
Hi, I am new to this forum and thermal analysis. Do you know what is the model of the thermal camera that is present on the M3T? I was not able to find any information related to this point. I have been searching for a while on the internet and now in this forum without succeding. As far as I understood, it's a thermal camera produced by DJI and not from Flir, correct? So for further analysis do I need to convert the format? I would like to obtain a thermal orthomosaic with temperature info in it. Do you have some recommendation of good tutorials? Thanks in advanced.

Best guess from my thermal experience is it is made by iray. It’s pretty top-notch; even sporting the newest small form factor of only 12nm process (each pixel is smaller/more detail).

They even call the nuc process (pronounced ’NUKE’) “ffc” just like iray does and has all the same color palletes and missing the red hot one… just like iray also. And prior to tuning the thermal, the imagery is also sorta washed out & lower contrast compared to something absolute too-notch.

FYI: FLIR stuff isn't very good. They were simply the first in the biz, but have since floated on their lucrative contracts for decades with no innovation... just like Colt & Xerox to name a couple. The BEST thermals out there right now have a BAE microbolometer.

2023-6-7
Use props
Jonukas
lvl.2

Poland

Hey guys,

did anyone try this converter https://aerialthermalimaging.com/tools/ ?

I tested, it converts the thermal images to a format, that is supported by FLIR. But looks like, that the FLIR studio shows wrong temperatures. I compared it with DJI thermal analysis tool. Could anyone to test it with your thermal images? Do you have the same issue?
2023-9-4
Use props
djiuser_qItjqSgiubqy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 987999 ft
Germany

Jonukas Posted at 9-4 12:15
Hey guys,

did anyone try this converter https://aerialthermalimaging.com/tools/ ?

Hi jonukas,

yes I can confirm the same issue with wrong temperatures.

Regards Martin
2023-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules