Replaced an arm on the S900. Get the beeping noise and cant seem to get it to...
1400 2 2014-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rubenmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hi

I just replaced a arm on the S900. After mounting everything back on and connecting the battery it creates the typical noise like after a full reinstall. I keeps beeping just on the new arm. I went into the assistant software but cant find any solution to this problem.

Anyone know why its creating the noise and how to fix it?

Hope all is having a great evening!
2014-12-5
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you sure the servo connector is plugged into the main frame?
2014-12-6
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Yes its there.
But im afraid I messed ut some of the wiring when dismounting the engine and sub-plate and mounted it again on the new arm.
I know the S-Series is for "Experts" but with so tiny and complicated soldering in both removing the old cable and mounting the new one its a electrical wiz and not one with average soldering skill set like me.

I ordered a  new arm with the motor and all on it. Sad to put out the extra cost but better safe then a S900 coming down fast from 200 meters height. The worst is that its just the tip of the red (frontal arm) plastic that holds it in place when you turn the attachment. But that part is... dont know the name for it but it cant we screwed open.

Even worse I broke the ring that attach the ring that you see on the photo. I was sure that was just a small part as its a place that is bound to break when having a problem and get a really hard landing. But NO. I had to buy the whole new server on that side.
That said again I have NOT done so as I glued it well and used a clamp around it and it holds up fine.

I would imagine DJI have enough experience about what breaks on their rigs to make parts just for what breaks and dont "bundle" it into expensive components. :-(

Thanks for your help again!!
28-Nov-14 12-49-20 PM.jpg
2014-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules