11810 326 2023-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I want to share what happened to me today.
After tons of flights with my other FPV drones, I had the brilliant idea to play around with my Avata.
At one point, I saw a branch and to avoid it I ducked, a little too much, to the point of touching the ground.
As soon as it touched down, I totally lost control of the drone.
I attempted to disarm him, put the throttle down to 0, changed the mode to normal. I pressed the "Pause" key several times.
Nothing.
He gained altitude and speed, and fell 150 meters from the spot, close to passers-by.
The telemetry even signals me a negative vertical speed, but it climbs in altitude.
This is not a safe drone!
I don't want to fly with him anymore because I don't feel confident and I know I'm not in control of it.

2023-3-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to read about your feedback and the incident. Using your flight records, please note that we can perform data analysis if the drone is within the warranty period. Kindly contact our Product Support team to help you with arranging/creating a case regarding the matter. Hope this helps. Should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we're always here to help. Thanks again for your patience.
2023-3-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rather a sweeping statement to make, based on one incident.  Dozens of videos and posts to the contrary can be seen on here.
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 09:54
Rather a sweeping statement to make, based on one incident.  Dozens of videos and posts to the contrary can be seen on here.

There are many videos here too, that after a touch with a branch or something, you lose control.
This is a serious drone bug.
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 09:54
Rather a sweeping statement to make, based on one incident.  Dozens of videos and posts to the contrary can be seen on here.

This happened to them. Watch from 1:32.
After a bounce, their Avata started to gain altitude without control.

2023-3-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-4 10:20
There are many videos here too, that after a touch with a branch or something, you lose control.
This is a serious drone bug.

Watch any of a number of Avata flights by alex_markov. You can see him occasionally clip branches and continue flying without hindrance.  Any drone sustaining damage after impact has the potential to crash. That's a function of pilot error, not a bug with the drone.
2023-3-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-4 10:23
This happened to them. Watch from 1:32.
After a bounce, their Avata started to gain altitude without control.

Yes, an impact preceded the incident, not an equipment failure. Drones are not indestructible.
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Is it an error switch to Normal mode, and drone keep on gain altitude? Did you see what telemetry say? -30m/s when drone is gain altitude? Is this a pilot error? Is it a pilot error gas at 0% and drone fly away?
Sorry, but not.
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 10:32
Yes, an impact preceded the incident, not an equipment failure. Drones are not indestructible.

You didn't understand what happened to them. He touched the wall, he failed, he touched the ground and the Avata started to gain altitude ALONE!
Like happened to me
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Here another example!
After hitting something, it starts to gain altitude.

2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Here another case.
After hitting something, bye bye control. PS: He is using Motion Control! And it's IMPOSSIBLE to fly backward!
Now I wanna still hear "Oh it's a pilot error"

2023-3-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-4 10:45
Here another case.
After hitting something, bye bye control. PS: He is using Motion Control! And it's IMPOSSIBLE to fly backward!
Now I wanna still hear "Oh it's a pilot error"

You really expect to crash a drone and then expect it to carry on as though nothing happened?
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 10:50
You really expect to crash a drone and then expect it to carry on as though nothing happened?

I own other FPV drones and it's normal having a crash or hitting something.
Never, and NEVER I lost control. When I disarm my drones, motors stop spinning.

I always have control of my drones. So, the answer is.. no, nothing happen with any other drone!
2023-3-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-4 10:52
I own other FPV drones and it's normal having a crash or hitting something.
Never, and NEVER I lost control. When I disarm my drones, motors stop spinning.

Still doesn't excuse your wildly inaccurate statement in your title.
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 10:58

So, a 450grams drone starts to fly away, without control and falling from the sky where and when it wants, and this is a safety feature for you?
With the same price I could buy other cinewhoops that don't lose control.
Did you have use a FPV drone? I'm just curious because seems not.
Safety is very important for me. Not seems for you.
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 10:58

What if the drone landed on someone's head?
What did I say? No, it's something DJI wanted, it's not an insecure drone, it's a feature.
A vehicle out of control, are you telling me it's not dangerous?
2023-3-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-4 11:03
So, a 450grams drone starts to fly away, without control and falling from the sky where and when it wants, and this is a safety feature for you?
With the same price I could buy other cinewhoops that don't lose control.
Did you have use a FPV drone? I'm just curious because seems not.

And yet, before the crash, you were happy to fly it, Then immediately afterwards, it's a "dangerous missile" .Who's fault do you think that was?  DJI's? Or yours, who crashed it?
2023-3-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-4 11:07
What if the drone landed on someone's head?
What did I say? No, it's something DJI wanted, it's not an insecure drone, it's a feature.
A vehicle out of control, are you telling me it's not dangerous?

And who was responsible for crashing it and causing it to go out of control I wonder
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 11:13
And yet, before the crash, you were happy to fly it, Then immediately afterwards, it's a "dangerous missile" .Who's fault do you think that was?  DJI's? Or yours, who crashed it?

I repeat. You never flew a FPV Drone. You are saying a lot of ****
If you drive your car, and after hitting a sidewalk, your car starts to accelerate (while you press braking pedal) , and steering doesn't work. Is it your fault if you hit some people after 150 meters you hitted the sidewalk?
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 11:16
And who was responsible for crashing it and causing it to go out of control I wonder

The Flight controller. Because, I repeat, I TOLD TO FC TO DISARM
Not to gain speed and altitude.
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 11:16

This is NOT a behavior of ANY drones!
2023-3-4
Use props
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

I can confirm Luca's observation. After the drone is hit, it loses a control sometimes. It has happened to me twice in the past.
2023-3-4
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

True. pilot error
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

celltx Posted at 3-4 11:27
I can confirm Luca's observation. After the drone is hit, it loses a control sometimes. It has happened to me twice in the past.

Don't tell this to Blériot53. It's our fault.
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

celltx Posted at 3-4 11:27

The problem is that mine fell a few meters from people. This is totally dangerous.
2023-3-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-4 11:17
I repeat. You never flew a FPV Drone. You are saying a lot of ****
If you drive your car, and after hitting a sidewalk, your car starts to accelerate (while you press braking pedal) , and steering doesn't work. Is it your fault if you hit some people after 150 meters you hitted the sidewalk?

Stop blustering. You have no way of knowing whether  I have flown FPV or not.  I have sufficient flying experience to know my limitations, and accept responsibility for the consequences if something should go wrong, whereas you appear to want to blame anyone but yourself.  Man up, and face the fact that, if you hadn't hit the ground, the incident may never have happened.
2023-3-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The guy seems to want to blame anyone but himself
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 12:04
Stop blustering. You have no way of knowing whether  I have flown FPV or not.  I have sufficient flying experience to know my limitations, and accept responsibility for the consequences if something should go wrong, whereas you appear to want to blame anyone but yourself.  Man up, and face the fact that, if you hadn't hit the ground, the incident may never have happened.

Easy. You speak as if you have no FPV experience. That's all. You have experience with Mavic of course. But they are different drones.
You cannot say "if you hitting something" to a FPV pilot. That's the reason I'm 100% sure you are not an FPV pilot and you are talking about something you cannot understand
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Of course you cannot know it, but there are some FPV tricks where you hit a wall for example. And wait for it... And hold on tight. Drones don't go crazy after that!
There are some tricks where you pass below a moving car, landing the drone (hitting the ground) but drone don't go crazy.
You never and ever lose control. And I repeat, you don't know this wonderful world.
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Let search on YouTube. There are a lot of FPV crashes. Let me see if you see a drone gain altitude and speed without control.
2023-3-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-4 12:08
Easy. You speak as if you have no FPV experience. That's all. You have experience with Mavic of course. But they are different drones.
You cannot say "if you hitting something" to a FPV pilot. That's the reason I'm 100% sure you are not an FPV pilot and you are talking about something you cannot understand

I understand well enough that you want to blame anyone else but yourself for what happened.
You were the pilot. You are ultimately responsible.  I really can't be bothered further arguing with someone so clearly looking to pass the buck when something goes wrong.  Bye.
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 12:15
I understand well enough that you want to blame anyone else but yourself for what happened.
You were the pilot. You are ultimately responsible.  I really can't be bothered further arguing with someone so clearly looking to pass the buck when something goes wrong.  Bye.

You confirmed what I said
When someone speaks without experience, this is the result.
2023-3-4
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I read the entire thread. The Avata is not a home-built FPV quad, and should never be flown as such. Pilot error, NOT the Avata caused erratic behavior after the crash. Hopefully you have learned a valuable lesson with the Avata. This outcome CAN be avoided and it starts with the pilot.

I'm certainly not digging at you personally, just stating facts as I see them as a fellow pilot. You need to be extra careful with the Avata as you clearly illustrated in the thread. Cheers!
2023-3-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

my definition of a dangerous object:

2023-3-4
Use props
MoppelMat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139167 ft
Austria

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-4 11:18
The Flight controller. Because, I repeat, I TOLD TO FC TO DISARM
Not to gain speed and altitude.

I am with Luca Rubino on that topic!

If you disarm you disarm, if the drone does not respect that PILOT command, IT IS DJI's fault.

As easy as that! If you hit the brakes on a car, you want it to stop. If it does not, its the Cars error not the drivers. It does not matter WHY the pilot or driver hits the brake or the disarm button, the FACT is that the car has to stop and the drone HAS TO STOP THE MOTORS.

If it does not do that, its a VERY DANGEROUS fault from DJI.
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

KLRSKIR Posted at 3-4 14:54
Yes, I read the entire thread. The Avata is not a home-built FPV quad, and should never be flown as such. Pilot error, NOT the Avata caused erratic behavior after the crash. Hopefully you have learned a valuable lesson with the Avata. This outcome CAN be avoided and it starts with the pilot.

I'm certainly not digging at you personally, just stating facts as I see them as a fellow pilot. You need to be extra careful with the Avata as you clearly illustrated in the thread. Cheers!

Define home-built FPV.
Because there are a lot of RTF or BNF drones out there. They are not home-built. Why for DJI fan, FPV are all home-built drones? It's not true.
Cetus drones are home-built drones? And none of these drones lose control and you have no chance to disarm them. Never!
If a drone don't respect commands from its pilot, sorry... but it's not pilot error.
I repeat, if your car goes crazy after a pothole, is it the driver's fault? If you release accelerator pedal, and your car gain speed, is it your fault?
And for clarification, Avata is a cinewhoop and you have to fly like a cinewhoop. Proximity fly. And hitting something it's normal. Fly at 20 cm from the ground, it's what a cinewhoop must done. But it's not normal losing control.
2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

The Saint Posted at 3-4 14:54
my definition of a dangerous object:

https://youtu.be/H8MQQjBaA3s

If a 450 gram drone falls on your head, I don't think you don't consider it dangerous.
Or it hits you at 100km/h, or maybe a child.

2023-3-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

MoppelMat Posted at 3-4 18:42
I am with Luca Rubino on that topic!

If you disarm you disarm, if the drone does not respect that PILOT command, IT IS DJI's fault.

Thank you MoppelMat.
Any FPV pilots outside this forum shares my opinion after watching these videos
A drone pilot must always have the situation under control. There is no such thing as the drone picking up and taking off as it pleases.

With Betaflight 3.3 there was a problem, similar, not the same. Guess. There was no mention of pilot faults, but Betaflight team fixed the bug!

Here people buy the Avata and then fly with it like a Mavic.
2023-3-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-4 22:40
Thank you MoppelMat.
Any FPV pilots outside this forum shares my opinion after watching these videos
A drone pilot must always have the situation under control. There is no such thing as the drone picking up and taking off as it pleases.

Hello, Luca. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you contacted our support and applied for data analysis?
If you have any questions about the aircraft, please feel free to contact us.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_footer
2023-3-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MoppelMat Posted at 3-4 18:42
I am with Luca Rubino on that topic!

Has it not occured to you that the impact with the ground may have been severe enough to cause a defect in the drone ( temporary or otherwise) which could have interrupted communication between the drone and the controller? That's not a design fault it's the consequence of pilot error i.e. crashing the drone.
2023-3-5
Use props
123456789Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules