Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Max90payneFPV Posted at 3-7 05:14
For the great FPV pilot "MAF178" I put two cine videos made with my "junk" cinewhoop build.

Logically all flights in manual and acro mode.

Bei video a mi piacciono molto i video così. Di dove sei?
Nice videos, that's what I like.
2023-3-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-7 23:12
To update the sane folks, DJi replied to me after analyzing the flight data telling me that I should ship the drone to them to continue investigating the incident.

Sorry for the late response. You may follow our support's guide to create a case and we will analyze your drone comprehensively. Please let me know if you have any questions.
2023-3-8
Use props
fans04cb0613
lvl.3
Germany

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-7 23:12
To update the sane folks, DJi replied to me after analyzing the flight data telling me that I should ship the drone to them to continue investigating the incident.

If that is what's requirded to analyze this incident and you are consistent, you should comply with the request. It would be wrong to back out now.
2023-3-8
Use props
MAF178
lvl.4
  • >>>
Kuwait

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-8 01:46
Sorry for the late response. You may follow our support's guide to create a case and we will analyze your drone comprehensively. Please let me know if you have any questions.

The kid is not willing to pay few dollars .. he wanna save few dollars to buy candies or ask for dji generousity to adopt him

he should be in the black list for the topic and you know that things will not end here

he deals with the drone as a bullet proof toy that has 4s batteries

i made a dive with the avata from 400 meters height building  .. i cant ask for more

2023-3-8
Use props
Max90payneFPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-7 23:17
Bei video a mi piacciono molto i video così. Di dove sei?
Nice videos, that's what I like.

Ciao !!! Alto Adige provincia di BZ. Sono solo dei video per far vedere al fenomeno che pilota Avata da due giorni che non è capace.

2023-3-8
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Max90payneFPV Posted at 3-8 11:33
Ciao !!! Alto Adige provincia di BZ. Sono solo dei video per far vedere al fenomeno che pilota Avata da due giorni che non è capace.

Ah io Piemonte, Torino. Guarda, ci sono quei due utenti che davvero... dovrebbero tornare a giocare con le Gig Nikko. Uno mai volato con un drone FPV e l'altro che ci vola come fosse uno stabilizzato. E parlano
2023-3-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

MAF178 Posted at 3-8 04:10
The kid is not willing to pay few dollars .. he wanna save few dollars to buy candies or ask for dji generousity to adopt him

he should be in the black list for the topic and you know that things will not end here

Hello, we would like to notify you of 2 warnings given due to the discrimination targeted at one nationality especially.
One of two warnings was given before because users reported that you expressed rude opinions toward Germany. This time same thing happened again.
It is inevitable that people have different opinions over one thing. We always advocate free discussion but remain polite.  
Hope you can understand and stick to Forum Rules.
Notes: Members who get three warnings will be banned.
2023-3-8
Use props
Max90payneFPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-8 19:50
Hello, we would like to notify you of 2 warnings given due to the discrimination targeted at one nationality especially.
One of two warnings was given before because users reported that you expressed rude opinions toward Germany. This time same thing happened again.
It is inevitable that people have different opinions over one thing. We always advocate free discussion but remain polite.  

HI !!! Thank you for intervening on this user !! I also expressed myself in a perhaps too aggressive way and I apologize but it seems that he does it on purpose to provoke the other users. I don't understand why. Thank you
2023-3-8
Use props
MAF178
lvl.4
  • >>>
Kuwait

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-8 19:50
Hello, we would like to notify you of 2 warnings given due to the discrimination targeted at one nationality especially.
It is inevitable that people have different opinions over one thing. We always advocate free discussion but remain polite.  

Thanks for your feedback and notice

Am not rude with germans i just  mentioned something strange happened to me there
but if this made ppl sick for two days i dont mind to stick to the rules as mentioned

And thanks again
2023-3-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Max90payneFPV Posted at 3-8 20:18
HI !!! Thank you for intervening on this user !! I also expressed myself in a perhaps too aggressive way and I apologize but it seems that he does it on purpose to provoke the other users. I don't understand why. Thank you

We understand that. We just deleted some non-relevant posts to avoid things going uncontrollably.

2023-3-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

MAF178 Posted at 3-8 20:27
Thanks for your feedback and notice

Am not rude with germans i just  mentioned something strange happened to me there

Thank you for your understanding. Please state your opinion in a neutral manner.
2023-3-8
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-4 10:23
This happened to them. Watch from 1:32.
After a bounce, their Avata started to gain altitude without control.

Two instances...how many people crash cars and don't blame the car company? Possibly you got a drone with a short circuit? Perhaps you charge it wrong? Maybe it was droppe causing IMU sensors to malfunction. DJI is asking you to send it in for analysis. Seems to me they're trying to handle the situation...agreed it sucks and is scary but if they're willing to work with you to handle the issue, isn't that what they're supposed to do?
2023-3-9
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

MoppelMat Posted at 3-4 18:42
I am with Luca Rubino on that topic!

If you disarm you disarm, if the drone does not respect that PILOT command, IT IS DJI's fault.

I agree with you 100%. But how broad is this problem. I've only head of it twice...

Best,
Gavin
2023-3-9
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Morrisson Posted at 3-9 09:03
Two instances...how many people crash cars and don't blame the car company?

Crash is one thing. Drone starts to do what it wants, ignoring human control, is another thing.
If with your car hit something just a little bit, a pothole or a sidewalk, and your car starts to gain speed and you cannot brake o steering (not because you broke something, but because firmware think it is the best thing to do)... and you gonna kill someone 500 meters away from where you hit something, is it your fault?
2023-3-9
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Morrisson Posted at 3-9 09:06
I agree with you 100%. But how broad is this problem. I've only head of it twice...

Best,

There are three videos in this thread alone. I know other users here in Italy who have had this happen, even very experienced and famous pilots here. In this thread other people have admitted that it has happened to them a few times or more.
2023-3-9
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Morrisson Posted at 3-9 09:03
Two instances...how many people crash cars and don't blame the car company? Possibly you got a drone with a short circuit? Perhaps you charge it wrong? Maybe it was droppe causing IMU sensors to malfunction. DJI is asking you to send it in for analysis. Seems to me they're trying to handle the situation...agreed it sucks and is scary but if they're willing to work with you to handle the issue, isn't that what they're supposed to do?

I was going at 28km/h, and 4 meters of elevation, on soft leaves! An impact that could risk the extinction of human beings.
The IMU may go crazy, but if I order my drone to shut down the engines, or cut the gas… you do! You don't take and leave wherever you like. Is your system getting errors from all sides? Remove power from circuits. Human controls should always override automatic ones. As it is in cars too.
When flying freestyle, there are major impacts, but the drones never come to life and become dangerous. or they ignore human controls.
2023-3-9
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

I agree with you 100%. But how broad is this problem. I've only head of it twice...

Best,

And I already saw other videos like these and like mine.
If you'd like, I could link many other vids I found.
Avata always goes crazy after an impact. THIS IS NOT NORMAL.
Here some other 4 cases (and so, we reach 8 documented cases videos in this thread)

2023-3-9
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

I agree with you 100%. But how broad is this problem. I've only head of it twice...

Best,

there are more than one (this) topic on this problem.... not just this topic.
2023-3-10
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

BadBert Posted at 3-10 00:08
there are more than one (this) topic on this problem.... not just this topic.

Hi BadBert,

like there:

Propeller missing while flying

and: DJI Avata fell out of the sky - how common is this?
2023-3-11
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

That's a function of pilot error, not a bug with the drone.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_FF1dpilNYppi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2362470 ft
United States

So is there any consensus if this is an issue or not? I recently bought a Mini 3 Pro and love it.  I come from an RC Heli background so I want something a little faster to go with the M3P and the Avata seems like it might fit the bill. How does it compare to the DJI FPV? FPV seems faster but  less durable. Avata seems more durable but slower.  
Just got my tax refund so ready to buy. If you were buying today would you still buy  Avata, FPV or something else?

Thanks.
2023-3-19
Use props
djiuser_HpDFzmS8X3Wv
lvl.2
Poland

Luca Rubino Posted at 3-9 09:51
And I already saw other videos like these and like mine.
If you'd like, I could link many other vids I found.
Avata always goes crazy after an impact. THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

Hi, did You already get an info from DJI when You sent the drone to them? I have the same problem and I want to do something with it.
2023-3-19
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

I really want to buy an Avata but........ I guess I can wait a bit longer to see if anything comes out of these complaints.
2023-3-20
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Couldn't believe that this is true, until first flights of the year today.

- Avata flighs erratic in N and S, shudders repeatingly at some random time and the gimbal looses the horizon, hangs to one side
- when reaching the configured max height it shudders, goes to N and the gimbal hangs to one side, needs some careful flying that it "looks straight" again, very weird, never had this before

AND THIS IS THE WORST:
In the middle of normal flight (mode M(, the Avata shook all of a sudden, the gimbal went into a strange crooked position and it accelerated at full throttle over and over without being able to use the remote control at all. You are a passenger and watch.
I saw a large expanse of water passing below me (on a field, about 500m away), then I saw cattle (about 700m away) and I could only pray that the Avata didn't go down in the water or between the cattle. Then I saw the blue sky with clouds in a more relaxed way, the Avata seemed to have reduced the speed. I fumbled at the camera angle, explicitly switched to N mode and tried to get a feeling WHERE the drone is and how I could get it back to me. It turned out that it hovered around in a good height and I took her home slowly, limbing.

Video and flight data will follow within the next days.

Conclusion for me: THE AVATA IS DANGEROUS with the current firmware. DO NOT FLY IT! It's a completey different drone than last year. Very bad and VERY PRONE DO GO HAVOC!

Note: I also flew my new iFlight Evoque today in AIR and it was a charme. Thought I could give the Avata a blast in a more easy manner at the end of the day. BUT BOY, WAS I WRONG!!!

I will not fly the Avata again with this firmware. DJI, you have a lot to fix here for sure.
2023-3-26
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Btw. I have recalibrated everything today, has been no cure at all.
2023-3-26
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Seems the Avata thought it had crashed several time while being in the air.
There are several "Not Enough Force / ESC Error" instances while flying away.

https://app.airdata.com/share/ivjxgz

The drone flew the whole time. I got it back after flyaway and landed it.
2023-3-26
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

After viewing the footage: the Avata crashed hard on the ground the moment it changed the flight mode to M. It seemed to bounce back into the air and went absolutely nuts for some hundred meters and up to a height of 60 meters. The I was able to regain control over it.
2023-3-26
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

At 4:29 - The barometric altitude does a jump from 4 to 50 meters and the speed a jump from 30 to 60 km/h within a moment. I guess these values are not realistic...?
2023-3-26
Use props
Lucas626
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

looks like a pilot error to me.
2023-3-26
Use props
Lucas626
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-4 14:54
my definition of a dangerous object:

https://youtu.be/H8MQQjBaA3s

Who's at fault the driver or the building engineer?
2023-3-26
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

2023-3-26
Use props
eighties.fpv
lvl.3
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 3-26 09:51
Couldn't believe that this is true, until first flights of the year today.

- Avata flighs erratic in N and S, shudders repeatingly at some random time and the gimbal looses the horizon, hangs to one side

Hey SeehawerB,

please go easy on all the camera drone pilots. They don't have the experience with FPV drones yet, so anything over 30 km/h is a pilot error. Unfortunately, there are a lot of them on this forum, which is why the community here is very divided.
Try not to respond to their posts at all, that only degenerates into never-ending disscusion that brings no one anything.

The experienced FPV pilots here know about the issues and it has been reported to DJI several times and extensively. In addition, warnings were created in the community forums of various countries that point to the current problems of the Avata.
2023-3-26
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Did yo try the CSC to force stop the motors?

As described pg63, https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

In Specific we are required to have an external FTS ( Flight Termination System )for this reason...to decouple the DJI systems and the FTS.
2023-3-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 3-28 01:26

As described pg63, https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Avata/20221208/DJI_Avata_User_Manual_EN.pdf

I asked them the same question, it seems that the FPV community is a bit easily irritated.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 221&pid=2995917

You might have better luck.

It's okay FPV guys, it's always humorous.
Have any of you tried contacting DJI via something else other than the forum about this CSC not always working? This case is still very problematic.
2023-3-28
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

As described pg63, https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Avata/20221208/DJI_Avata_User_Manual_EN.pdf

the people that reported the "fly away" did that, it did not respond.

as can be read in the topics about those fly aways.
2023-3-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am puzzled, all these posts about misbehaving Avatas and, that I noticed, nobody asked for or posted flight logs, why?
2023-3-28
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Blériot53 Posted at 3-4 11:16
And who was responsible for crashing it and causing it to go out of control I wonder

If you crash a REAL FVP quad, you just disarm and it will drop down. Here you have NO CONTROL when you hit something.

So you are ok the drone hits something as the drone takes of, crashing into people? Because the remote doesnt do anything anymore? But when you reboot the avata, its fine again?
THIS IS NOT OK, you cannot even disarm the drone since its NOT in M mode anymore. You are left with projectile. FPV drones crash, hence the guards. I guess you dont know much or even anything about quads and only have DJI stuff...
2023-3-28
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

For FPV you need this on a switch. Which you have in M mode. But useless when the drone switches to N on its own.
2023-3-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-28 15:26
I am puzzled, all these posts about misbehaving Avatas and, that I noticed, nobody asked for or posted flight logs, why?

Interesting point
2023-3-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 3-28 15:38
If you crash a REAL FVP quad, you just disarm and it will drop down. Here you have NO CONTROL when you hit something.

So you are ok the drone hits something as the drone takes of, crashing into people? Because the remote doesnt do anything anymore? But when you reboot the avata, its fine again?

You guess?  You mean you're making an assumption that you cannot substantiate.
2023-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules