Avata is the most dangerous drone ever use
11582 326 2023-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

Okay If I got time I will send it. Already did a Trustpilot Assessment too.

Its Just stuff Like this why laws gets stricter and stricter everywhere.
2023-5-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Koolada Posted at 5-11 11:34
Okay If I got time I will send it. Already did a Trustpilot Assessment too.

Its Just stuff Like this why laws gets stricter and stricter everywhere.

This is also the reflection that I made to myself, if we make this kind of report we will be even more restricted. But actually no. According to the CAA, it is the absence of a report that worries them and which suddenly pushes them to always have more control. The idea in doing this is to control the manufacturers more now that most of the operators are complying with the rules.
2023-5-11
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Do not wake up sleeping dogs, as we say in german language.

The drone legislation considers the Avata in the same group of drones as "legacy" and "self built" ones. Which means Open Class A2 with all the restrictions that come with that, f.i. you have to keep away from residential and industrial areas and from people. From 2024 on these drones will only be allowed to fly in Open Class A3 areas. The legislation takes into account that self built and legacy drones possibly have no safety mechanisms, they might fail. And so they have to be kept far away from people, buildings, industry etc..

So at least in EU countries and countries that adopt the EU regulations there is no real need for the Avata to get better. If it fails, and the pilot obeys the laws, complies with the regulations, the danger of using drones like this are minimized.

IF DJI WOULD LIKE TO QUALIFY the Avata for C2 they would have to prove the Avata as safe. With the actual firmware this would fail. And if it accidentally wouldn't fail and the drone got C2 certified you could react to dangerous behaviour revoking the certification later. THEN they would have to react to continue to sell the drone.

Not now. Not for an uncertified Avata. This may drop down from the sky every 10 minutes and if something happens the pilot is in charge.
2023-5-11
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 5-11 22:16
Do not wake up sleeping dogs, as we say in german language.

The drone legislation considers the Avata in the same group of drones as "legacy" and "self built" ones. Which means Open Class A2 with all the restrictions that come with that, f.i. you have to keep away from residential and industrial areas and from people. From 2024 on these drones will only be allowed to fly in Open Class A3 areas. The legislation takes into account that self built and legacy drones possibly have no safety mechanisms, they might fail. And so they have to be kept far away from people, buildings, industry etc..

Yeah, but isn't this exactly what should be done now? Considering the Avata unsafe and forcing DJI doing something about it? Exactly stuff like this results in more regulated restrictions. Would you call the avata save to use near residential areas? My crash happened 20 cm left to a window in a housewall happened exactly there, if I had a bit less luck the Drone would've crashed on Christmas with 90kmh torugh a Window, by the way before someone judges I was standing 150m away from this house but the Drone Flys like 1km in one direction then this FW error happens.

Stuff like Avata crashed and killed a child are stuff you don't want to read in a newspaper besides EU thinking about regulating Drones more, believe me Custom drones will be criminalized in the public much, much faster than DJI super "save" stuff.
2023-5-12
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Another on bites the dust

2023-5-23
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

That's what a totally safe Drone does (not)

2023-5-24
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

So, since yesterday I am no longer an Avata pilot. Sold everything on Ebay. My heart still is a bit broken about this because I loved the Avata VERY MUCH last year when it seemed to work flawlessly. But I lost the trust in DJI in terms of getting fixed what seemed OK many months ago. The Avata now is history for me. I will always look back with tears deep in my heart.
2023-5-24
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 5-24 22:34
So, since yesterday I am no longer an Avata pilot. Sold everything on Ebay. My heart still is a bit broken about this because I loved the Avata VERY MUCH last year when it seemed to work flawlessly. But I lost the trust in DJI in terms of getting fixed what seemed OK many months ago. The Avata now is history for me. I will always look back with tears deep in my heart.

Grats...

My unit is on Ebay too, just thinking sometimes about taking the insert back, but I look forward to a Working Drone. Thinked a lot about this and the only part that is a pro for the Avata is the Motion Controller, and I'm pretty sure you can fly with some exercising indoors with a Cinelog aswell.

There are just not enough spots nearby I could "explore" with the Avata I could only fly with motion that would justify keeping it. Flying over water is already high above my trust spectrum for this. I mean, there are even people complaining it crashes itself above Water.

Already ordered some USB C to xt60 cable to charge my batterys with a Power bank or in my car so even this plus is gone for the Avata.
2023-5-25
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

The one thing all other Cinewhoops cannot compete in with the Avata is the gimbal. The angle stabilization does a lot for cinematic impression of the footage. With a fixed one the footage is more nervous, every change in longitudinal speed the view changes its angle. But overall, I am happy now with the Cinebot 30 and the Cinelog 20. A bit trickyer to fly but completely honest and transparent. And if something breaks, easy repaired by yourself. And on top of that batteries are much cheaper. You invest once in a good charger and remote control and every drone you buy or build will be compatible with all the equipment. Without the Avata I would have never got to this point. Was a good starter into the fpv hobby.
2023-5-25
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I'm not regretting selling it at all. I am regretting buying it.
You talk about gimbal stabilization, but that's only useful if you fly in automatic mode and what's more, you lose that something extra that an FPV drone offers you. How to do dives, split-s and other tricks. In Manual mode, the gimbal is fixed and does not change anything compared to any FPV drone.
I read that you have the cinebot30. That flies 4 times better than the Avata, especially the 6S version.
There is no comparison. If you really want to enter the FPV world, DJi drones (FPV Combo and Avata) are toys.
And moreover very dangerous! Both due to DJI's inexperience, and due to its mania for controlling everything and because they don't know how to design them.
ELRS or Crossfire have nothing to do with DJI's SBUS system which, moreover, is very dangerous because if you lose connection with the viewers, you automatically lose the RC signal too.
Now I know using Radiomaster Boxer radio with AG01 gimbals. There is no comparison to the toy FPV remote controller 2.
I am advising anyone who asks me not to purchase the Avata. And everyone is thanking me
2023-5-25
Use props
ajinkyax
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11608 ft
India

what happens if you disable RTH ? does this behavior still occurs ?
2023-5-25
Use props
TartyTart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675266 ft
United States

As a follow up for the Federal Trade Commission the Avata loses the ability to disarm / or use a kill switch from the operator / controller.  Such a basic thing on just about any RC model.  So sad but I have to do the right thing here after seeing it yesterday.  If it was a 1s ehh. Fine.  I can’t let this go.  It makes the rest of the drone industry look bad..
2023-6-1
Use props
TartyTart
lvl.2
United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 5-25 03:32
I'm not regretting selling it at all. I am regretting buying it.
You talk about gimbal stabilization, but that's only useful if you fly in automatic mode and what's more, you lose that something extra that an FPV drone offers you. How to do dives, split-s and other tricks. In Manual mode, the gimbal is fixed and does not change anything compared to any FPV drone.
I read that you have the cinebot30. That flies 4 times better than the Avata, especially the 6S version.

So glad you found your way out and still enjoy the hobby as I do.  A friend just had this happen yesterday.  Every Rc model has a kill/ disarm regardless of even disconnections of Elrs or crossfire.  Failsafe kicks in and auto kills/ disarms.  Since you found the rest of the hobby enjoy!
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_EMqXduBtD5YN
lvl.1
Poland

I had exactly the same problem a couple months ago and I have posted it here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &page=1#pid3057696.

I have spend quite some time after ping-pong with DJI on investigation about what happened and why. I have found this collection of videos by myself - all of the mare depicting this problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pseG17bhR84

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k41vPLi2qFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO5zpSZK4cc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5nHTOY0x0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Q7cobi8ic

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/nhzJ8HzIbNs

https://youtu.be/8TVmrzFFPuc?t=25

https://youtu.be/BOuIM2LvAy4?t=491

https://www.facebook.com/100001630290124/videos/603995331650023/

https://youtu.be/xzHwUeFWVhU

Saying that hard impact is causing this behaviour is also not true - here is example where drone after small hit of branch is just going crazy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pseG17bhR84

For me the story ended with brand new avata (without care), which I am not using anymore - I have switched to Mark5 and AOS3.5.

By the way I was tired of speaking with other people in this forum/community - they do not understand what I wanted to bring to the table:

Just to be totally and fully open/honest:
- would the entire situation happen if I did not hit the bar? - probably not
- is the pilot (me) to blame that avata hit multiple times different obstacles despite the fact that he was training in sim for 50h - but he found out that flying with avata i sth totally different? - of course yes
- is avata created for freestyle? - of course not
- do I have problem that I had to buy a new duct/frame and fix it - of course not
- do I have the problem that RC is not able to kill motors in dangerous situtation where is still available link? yes

I have send logn email to many most popular yt creators for fpv - non of them was interested in replying.
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_EMqXduBtD5YN
lvl.1
Poland

My blind guess is that the problem is located somewhere in v01.02.0000 - I could not find video with such problem as described above (yaw crash is not the same as loosing control over drone...) before release date of that firmware
2023-6-1
Use props
TartyTart
lvl.2
United States

This will be either a forced recall with refunds and /or a fixed replacement, a forced fix with independent testing - UL labs or it’s discontinued in the states with a set amount to each owner. Class action.
2023-6-1
Use props
TartyTart
lvl.2
United States

Thank you so much for the yt links
2023-6-1
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

My unit is gone now too, I'm bit sad because I wanted to like it, but I made peace with my mind now selling it.

Still Waiting for my Cinelog 35

Made a lot of looses now but I don't really care anymore this Drone brought me in a wonderful hobby and im enjoying flying my nazgul, It's just so much better and safer then the Avata, for me personal I also just regret buying it not hearing on myself starting right from the beginning DYI, I wanted something save which is reliable but the Avata is the opposite.

I will just avoid buying DJI stuff in the future, I learned that DJI just not cares for customers and don't need them. I just hope more people hear about this not buying this drone blind, the hobby is small and most people already don't take DJI serious.

Ignoring this error for months now says alot about DJI.
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_fsqbt2y1k5BE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56716 ft

Singapore

Koolada Posted at 6-1 18:15
My unit is gone now too, I'm bit sad because I wanted to like it, but I made peace with my mind now selling it.

Still Waiting for my Cinelog 35

Such a regret to only read about this thread today after getting my Avata 3 weeks ago.

This is my first drone and I have thought it was my own inexperience crashing the avata right within the first 15 seconds switching to full manual mode after getting the same yaw issue. The drone crashed 2 more times on the same day when I reduce the speed greatly but it just flip unexpectedly when doing a light turning.

I have been practicing in liftoff and dji virtual flight for atleast 50 hours in acro mode and this incidents crash my confidence.

Now im having phobia to switch to manual mode completely. Considering whether to just keep avata for N and S mode only or sell it, but it cover in many scratches already after 3 crashes.
2023-6-12
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

In the last weeks I've come a bit into a rush. I have 4 fpv drones yet and all of them are a blast for themselves:
Nazgul F6D, Cinelog 20, Cinebot 30 and for some days now the iH3. I enjoy manual flying more every day. The Avata brought me into this and showed me a whole new world of flying which has nothing to do with flying camera drones. The Avata has been my firestarter into real fpv. Right now the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 are just tools if I wanna get good looking, calm footage or inspect something like a roof or have a look what is going on far away from me (e.g. wildfires). The fpv drones on the other hand are the ones that give me adrenalin and much much joy.

Would I buy the Avata again? No. Was it good to buy the Avata? Yes. Because without it I would never had gone the step into real fpv.
2023-6-12
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_fsqbt2y1k5BE Posted at 6-12 09:39
Such a regret to only read about this thread today after getting my Avata 3 weeks ago.

This is my first drone and I have thought it was my own inexperience crashing the avata right within the first 15 seconds switching to full manual mode after getting the same yaw issue. The drone crashed 2 more times on the same day when I reduce the speed greatly but it just flip unexpectedly when doing a light turning.

It's a hard decision to make but for me Personal I don't regret selling it buying a Cinelog 35, after a few tests I can say it's 100x more fun and it doesn't care how hard I yaw. I tried to provocate it really hard to see where the limits are, but had no chance to get it even 1 second in a situation like the Avata.

you got my simpathys for this situation I know it sucks but there are only two ways, sell it or find a use for it with the Motion Controller or something, for me personal it just was to expensive for flying sometimes with the motion, I'm just enjoying flying manual too much and just for holidays it was not worth too, will for sure find a way getting my other drone in a plane or something.

The things you had are like 100% surely the yaw problems, no simulator can prepare you for this because even if DJI just tells the opposite this is absolutely no normal behavior.

The prop wash is terrible but if you avoid flying in your own Propwash It's perfectly fine, it's no freestyle drone and I don't want to push it to this, for Freestyle I got my Nazgul. I was flying straight trough a Forest this week the handling is absolutely awesome who needs the bannana controller, just learn to get good it will even improve your footage because you dont yaw like crazy which was also a problem for me with the avata, it never was stabilizing horizon always standing on a angle in the air.

Just wished the Avata wouldve worked like this, but after flying the Cine 35 I can say 100% avata is a little unsafe toy plane. The Cinebot 35 fly even more stable with a gopo 11 mini which I was able to buy from the money I got over from selling the Avata, it pushed my Video quality even further, considered the DJI Osmo 3 but have no trust left for DJI, who knows maybe it will explode right in my face or burn my copter down because it thinks im yawing to hard? haha
2023-6-12
Use props
djiuser_fsqbt2y1k5BE
lvl.1

Singapore

I have been looking at defender 25 as it weights below 250g before im reading this thread. I have question and wonder if anyone can help me with as i cant find a concrete answer online. Will i get the yawing problem if i using DJI RC 2 with DJI o3 air unit on other FPV drone? If it really do I must get rid of that controller for good as it will be useless to me.
2023-6-12
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_fsqbt2y1k5BE Posted at 6-12 16:35
I have been looking at defender 25 as it weights below 250g before im reading this thread. I have question and wonder if anyone can help me with as I can't find a concrete answer online. Will I get the yawing problem if i using DJI RC 2 with DJI o3 air unit on other FPV drone? If it really do I must get rid of that controller for good as it will be useless to me.

The yaw problems do not come from the controller was flying the nazgul without problems with the FPV controller 2, cannot speak for the defender but  if I remember right some people made jokes about it too but really would just inform about it on youtube and so on. Just need to consider that you need special batteries for it which would not fit other drones. But if you want sub 250g BNF this should be your best choice I think

Take a look at the video from post #237 there someone just tested the avata, cinelog and defender maybe that helps you.

Got lately problems with the DJI FPV 2 loosing connection causing a Failsafe too, cannot say for sure if it was my o3 or the controller there are some strange things going on with this aswell because the VIdeo and RC signal are somehow coupled in the system, was enough reason for me to get rid of it before DJI releases another controller like the mc2 burning even more money from me and get a Radio master boxer, had an ELRS module in my Nazgul anyway, so it was no big deal.

Just another thing that wont cause headache for me anymore, not want to risk my quad because not working DJI stuff. Only thing im really happy with is the DJI O3 right now, just hope it stays this way because I got 2 quads with O3.

see:

2023-6-12
Use props
djiuser_fsqbt2y1k5BE
lvl.1

Singapore

Koolada Posted at 6-12 17:44
The yaw problems do not come from the controller was flying the nazgul without problems with the FPV controller 2, cannot speak for the defender but  if I remember right some people made jokes about it too but really would just inform about it on youtube and so on. Just need to consider that you need special batteries for it which would not fit other drones. But if you want sub 250g BNF this should be your best choice I think

Take a look at the video from post #237 there someone just tested the avata, cinelog and defender maybe that helps you.

Awesome detail and recommendation you put out there, Thank you

This is the video of my first avata crash when i do  a 180 degree Yaw and it just pitch downward upside down. It could be my mistake, I am open to all opinions as that is my 1st day of flying FPV drone too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-OlfLZSco8

And a 2nd with slower speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLac4IWtzu0

My best guess is that avata have self braking safe in the code somewhere to prevent the drone flying backward in high speed. Once detected it will pitch forward unconditionally and combine with unlocking altitude limit in full manual mode = full flip upside down.

After the first crash seem like the avata continue to operate like a runaway, luckily it was facing down and cant get anywhere.

I have already speed alot money on my first drone, Explorer combo , 3 additional battery , RC2. And its only been 1 week im flying this avata .

I still love most of it features, long battery life, great video quality, safety features in N mode.

I really hope DJI will fix this problems soon so I can kept using it , in the mean time save for an O3 fpv drone.
2023-6-12
Use props
djiuser_fsqbt2y1k5BE
lvl.1

Singapore

SeehawerB Posted at 6-12 11:09
In the last weeks I've come a bit into a rush. I have 4 fpv drones yet and all of them are a blast for themselves:
Nazgul F6D, Cinelog 20, Cinebot 30 and for some days now the iH3. I enjoy manual flying more every day. The Avata brought me into this and showed me a whole new world of flying which has nothing to do with flying camera drones. The Avata has been my firestarter into real fpv. Right now the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 are just tools if I wanna get good looking, calm footage or inspect something like a roof or have a look what is going on far away from me (e.g. wildfires). The fpv drones on the other hand are the ones that give me adrenalin and much much joy.

i admire  your passion i wish i could be like you, and im abit like to rush in too when im into it.

Right now if i could trade my avata off i will go for defender25/cinelog20 and combine with mini 3 pro for nice scenical view as both can go in fpv mode
2023-6-12
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

SeehawerB Posted at 6-12 11:09
Nazgul F6D, Cinelog 20, Cinebot 30 and for some days now the iH3. I enjoy manual flying more every day. The Avata brought me into this and showed me a whole new world of flying which has nothing to do with flying camera drones. The Avata has been my firestarter into real fpv. Right now the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 are just tools if I wanna get good looking, calm footage or inspect something like a roof or have a look what is going on far away from me (e.g. wildfires). The fpv drones on the other hand are the ones that give me adrenalin and much much joy.

I'm in the same situation.
i have Nazgul evoke F6D, Z20, Cinelog35 V2 and the Pavo Pico, and... every of them are more funny and more stable than the Avata.
Avata was the starting point. No regret about sold it.
And now Mavic drones are boring drones. I use them just to take some photos and nothing else.
2023-6-12
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

And now Mavic drones are boring drones. I use them just to take some photos and nothing else.
That is as true as confusing. Yes.

2023-6-13
Use props
dnddad324
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

2023-6-16
Use props
Phil Haines
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Anyone noticed that in some of the videos the GPS signal is lost for a few seconds after impact detected. Happened to me in manual mode. Drone touched the ground and display showed impact detected. The GPS signal was lost for 3 seconds. Unfortunately in that 3 seconds the drone was upside down and crashed into a field dislodging the batter. Using find my drone only indicated the point of impact and not where the drone had crashed. DJI need to investigate why GPS is lost after impact is detected.
2023-6-17
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_fsqbt2y1k5BE Posted at 6-12 19:55
Awesome detail and recommendation you put out there, Thank you

This is the video of my first avata crash when i do  a 180 degree Yaw and it just pitch downward upside down. It could be my mistake, I am open to all opinions as that is my 1st day of flying FPV drone too.

"I really hope DJI will fix this problems soon so I can kept using it"

How can DJI fix a problem that they can't even acknowledge?

Sell it while you can and move on...
2023-6-17
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Burt37 Posted at 6-17 21:56
"I really hope DJI will fix this problems soon so I can kept using it"

How can DJI fix a problem that they can't even acknowledge?

I totally agree with you.
I sold it and now I’m happier with my not DJI FPV drones.
2023-6-18
Use props
MrMR0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 795617 ft
United States

I actually lost a drone in a similar incident, except I didn't hit anything beforehand. I was using the V1 motion controller (which doesn't have the ability to fly backwards) and about 10 minutes into my very slow flight with no wind, it just started drifting backwards. I hit the brake and it continued to drift backwards. Releasing the brake and pressing the accelerator would cause it to lurch forward, but then it would continue backing up. After about 20 seconds of this, it drifted into a tree trunk, barely touched it and shot off and flipped.

Unfortunately I was in a swamp at the time and the drone was lost in the water. To DJI's credit, they worked with me to resolve the issue but they would not admit that it wasn't pilot error, even though it was traveling backwards with no wind and the pilot can't even do that with the controller I had.
The attached video isn't as dramatic as some of the others, but the result was bad. I lost control at the 30 second mark and never regained control. From that point on it was just drifting until it hit a tree and shot off.

2023-6-22
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

MrMR0 Posted at 6-22 04:22
I actually lost a drone in a similar incident, except I didn't hit anything beforehand. I was using the V1 motion controller (which doesn't have the ability to fly backwards) and about 10 minutes into my very slow flight with no wind, it just started drifting backwards. I hit the brake and it continued to drift backwards. Releasing the brake and pressing the accelerator would cause it to lurch forward, but then it would continue backing up. After about 20 seconds of this, it drifted into a tree trunk, barely touched it and shot off and flipped.

Unfortunately I was in a swamp at the time and the drone was lost in the water. To DJI's credit, they worked with me to resolve the issue but they would not admit that it wasn't pilot error, even though it was traveling backwards with no wind and the pilot can't even do that with the controller I had.
Looks like you hit something in the end. Definitive some other error.

Yeah, DJI just try to tell people like every time its pilot error even when you clearly have proof, I mean like you said you can't even fly backwards with the m1.

I'm happy I don't have to deal with stuff like this anymore just enjoying the hobby, if my drone now crashes I can be sure it was my fault and not some DJI Babysit function or Firmware error
2023-6-22
Use props
djiuser_txZNFpU2Q3mf
lvl.1

Canada

Anybody thought about taking legal action or is that too far fetched? It is true that it is dangerous, happened to me yesterday and took off over my neighbors house, was lucky nobody was outside. Not to mention that it also happened when it was in my hands, armed the motors not thinking anything about it because the throttle was at zero, it then proceeded to full throttle, i was lucky i had a good grip on it. Another time is when im trying to land, the drone will hop uncontrollably if it has just a bit to large of an impact while landing.
2023-10-17
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_txZNFpU2Q3mf Posted at 10-17 17:31
Anybody thought about taking legal action or is that too far fetched? It is true that it is dangerous, happened to me yesterday and took off over my neighbors house, was lucky nobody was outside. Not to mention that it also happened when it was in my hands, armed the motors not thinking anything about it because the throttle was at zero, it then proceeded to full throttle, i was lucky i had a good grip on it. Another time is when im trying to land, the drone will hop uncontrollably if it has just a bit to large of an impact while landing.

too far fetched.  i would save your legal money for drone flying lessons and safe handling instead.  
2023-10-17
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

The Saint Posted at 10-17 17:57
too far fetched.  i would save your legal money for drone flying lessons and safe handling instead.

It never happened to any my REAL fav drones. This is not about skill. This is a faulty drone. It occurred also to some famous FPV drone pilot. Of course.. .DJI fan boys are the best drone pilots ever.
If you disarm your drone, but it ignore your command, it's not a pilot error.
2023-10-18
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Anybody thought about taking legal action or is that too far fetched? It is true that it is dangerous, happened to me yesterday and took off over my neighbors house, was lucky nobody was outside. Not to mention that it also happened when it was in my hands, armed the motors not thinking anything about it because the throttle was at zero, it then proceeded to full throttle, i was lucky i had a good grip on it. Another time is when im trying to land, the drone will hop uncontrollably if it has just a bit to large of an impact while landing.

I decided to sell it.
Sell yours and enjoy the real FPV world.
There is no comparison using a Betaflight/Inav FPV rather than a DJI drone.
They ALWAYS do what you command. And you can costuming your drone as you need.
And the EdgeTX on your remote control is a gem. You could do what a DJI fanboy dreams of at night, but his faith blinds him by day.
2023-10-18
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

And if you like RTH functionality, with INAV you have better RTH functionality than with DJI.
INAV remembers the route you took on the way there so that your drone does not go directly to the starting point. But it takes exactly the path you took avoiding the obstacles you have already avoided yourself
DJI makes excellent GPS drones, perhaps the best. Even if it is sometimes overrated.
But the FPV world is another world. And drones.
2023-10-18
Use props
djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1093671 ft
Canada

Luca Rubino Posted at 10-18 00:53
I decided to sell it.
Sell yours and enjoy the real FPV world.
There is no comparison using a Betaflight/Inav FPV rather than a DJI drone.

You really have zero life lmfao.... Still live in moms basement?
2023-10-18
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8 Posted at 10-18 06:49
You really have zero life lmfao.... Still live in moms basement?

Now I want to know why you said that. Based on what? First of all, no, and it's not your business. Are you by chance whipped?
Maybe you don't have a real social life that you insult on virtual social media?
2023-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules