Avata is the most dangerous drone ever use
11852 326 2023-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KA00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1905420 ft
United Kingdom

I had similar incident that people referring. After touching ground briefly in manual mode, (yes pilot error) drone just shoot in what seemed to be random direction, luckily thick bushes stopped it, yet drone ignored emergency prop stop and one of the props just broke from the motor even after it broke it still accelerated for some time... I cleaned it, replaced props and tested it, it seems okay, but i haven't got any serious flight since then because of trust issue... Now I have bound button to disarm motors via C2 button what used to be gimbal up-center-down, im expecting it to work next time, i also expect to have this issues again... that tells alot how i am trusting it i have used this drone as commercial tool for indoor restaurant recording, but if something happens and this behavior repeats indoor it could go straight into expensive glass, decoration or priceless human, so what then dji will reply sorry for inconvenience, send your drone and we will see what's wrong... Yes I do have insurance when i fly, but what if hits someone involved at 90km/h... Hole in the wall will be the least... It was great introduction to fpv but heck it i will take my decision to sell it or keep it after next crash, i will go to remote place and go crazy with it, i still have 2yrs of dji care...
1-20 16:37
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

KA00 Posted at 1-20 16:37
I had similar incident that people referring. After touching ground briefly in manual mode, (yes pilot error) drone just shoot in what seemed to be random direction, luckily thick bushes stopped it, yet drone ignored emergency prop stop and one of the props just broke from the motor even after it broke it still accelerated for some time... I cleaned it, replaced props and tested it, it seems okay, but i haven't got any serious flight since then because of trust issue... Now I have bound button to disarm motors via C2 button what used to be gimbal up-center-down, im expecting it to work next time, i also expect to have this issues again... that tells alot how i am trusting it i have used this drone as commercial tool for indoor restaurant recording, but if something happens and this behavior repeats indoor it could go straight into expensive glass, decoration or priceless human, so what then dji will reply sorry for inconvenience, send your drone and we will see what's wrong... Yes I do have insurance when i fly, but what if hits someone involved at 90km/h... Hole in the wall will be the least... It was great introduction to fpv but heck it i will take my decision to sell it or keep it after next crash, i will go to remote place and go crazy with it, i still have 2yrs of dji care...

Just don't crash into the ground.

Let's be honest, despite the fact that we know what *could* happen when Avata crashes and apparently it happens quite often, the Avata has caused (across the world) exactly 0 deaths, 0 serious injuries, maybe a few minor injuries and a small amount of property damage.  Obviously I don't know the real numbers but I'm wondering why all the concern?  The risk is not cumulative, the risk doesn't increase as you fly more, it's does build up as more people crash, each incident stands on it's on and it's tiny.  It is more likely your Avata will scare a bird in flight and that bird strikes the car window of a passing truck which loses control and crashes.

You get in your car and you drive despite all the horrific injuries and deaths that occur when you and others make mistakes behind the wheel but you still take your chances and you're not extremely worried about that, are you?  If you do everything right and you make a tiny mistake with your car, vehicles have been known to go out of control and do some serious damage after the driver makes even a tiny mistake.  Don't worry about the Avata, it's harmless.  If you don't feel comfortable right now, give it a week or two or up to a month and you'll be fine again.  Just because a crash thread has 10 pages of complaints, the Avata hasn't made the news yet and it never will.

Just so you know I know how it feels already, when the Avata goes out of control, yes it feels harrowing and the pucker factor for sure.  Happened to me a couple of times on take off, it just shot out of nowhere and when it hit the ground it took off all by itself.  So yeah I get it.  But I think drone pilots have been accustomed to hearing (from others) what they are doing is *dangerous* and *risky* and should be illegal but in reality, it's not even close.  Hate to say it and I'm not being callous but when this thread posts the first entry that says "My Avata lost control and someone went to the hospital" then I think DJI might have a serious issue to look at and if they do, I promise you won't like their remedy.  Hope this helps.
1-20 22:53
Use props
KA00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1905420 ft
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 1-20 22:53
Just don't crash into the ground.

Let's be honest, despite the fact that we know what *could* happen when Avata crashes and apparently it happens quite often, the Avata has caused (across the world) exactly 0 deaths, 0 serious injuries, maybe a few minor injuries and a small amount of property damage.  Obviously I don't know the real numbers but I'm wondering why all the concern?  The risk is not cumulative, the risk doesn't increase as you fly more, it's does build up as more people crash, each incident stands on it's on and it's tiny.  It is more likely your Avata will scare a bird in flight and that bird strikes the car window of a passing truck which loses control and crashes.

Im not planning to crash intentionally at high speeds, yet im going to try to get interesting angles via pilot induced failed takeoff in manual mode and maybe trying to put it out of balance somehow, maybe some slow crashes to induce drone to flip or roll and maybe i will be lucky to trigger missile mode, i will try to document everything also i will be in the middle of nowhere so no harm should be done except for myself or my drone. My main goal is to check if drone reacts to disarm via C2 button while in missile mode because last time i had it, emergency prop stop via stick have no respond, drone yelled like butchered pig in that bush it crashed... Regarding your comparison with car...  Don't get me wrong i love to fly it but im very afraid that i might cause alot of damage in restaurant venue, usually there are expensive decorations, glass, plates, expensive equipment. That will surely hit on my reputation... Pilot error is always possible, yet quick disarm usually helps, however disarm seem to have no effect while drone goes into missile mode, now imagine some car have issues where it have chances of randomly accelerating and failing to respond to any other control, i doubt that people would drive it while there are plenty of other brands that doesn't have that issue... You said you have this experience yourself, that it took of by itself, now imagine im in the expensive restaurant while this occurs... Best case scenario drone will glue itself to the ceiling and drop maybe damaging something slightly, worst case it will go crazy and will cause alot of damage, even cause restaurant to shut down for sometime... Maybe this is just my paranoia, but im not flying indoor unless i know certainly that it will work as it supposed to work... Im kind of impressed and disappointed buying avata, yet happy that i finally stepped into fpv world...
1-22 08:27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KA00 Posted at 1-22 08:27
Im not planning to crash intentionally at high speeds, yet im going to try to get interesting angles via pilot induced failed takeoff in manual mode and maybe trying to put it out of balance somehow, maybe some slow crashes to induce drone to flip or roll and maybe i will be lucky to trigger missile mode, i will try to document everything also i will be in the middle of nowhere so no harm should be done except for myself or my drone. My main goal is to check if drone reacts to disarm via C2 button while in missile mode because last time i had it, emergency prop stop via stick have no respond, drone yelled like butchered pig in that bush it crashed... Regarding your comparison with car...  Don't get me wrong i love to fly it but im very afraid that i might cause alot of damage in restaurant venue, usually there are expensive decorations, glass, plates, expensive equipment. That will surely hit on my reputation... Pilot error is always possible, yet quick disarm usually helps, however disarm seem to have no effect while drone goes into missile mode, now imagine some car have issues where it have chances of randomly accelerating and failing to respond to any other control, i doubt that people would drive it while there are plenty of other brands that doesn't have that issue... You said you have this experience yourself, that it took of by itself, now imagine im in the expensive restaurant while this occurs... Best case scenario drone will glue itself to the ceiling and drop maybe damaging something slightly, worst case it will go crazy and will cause alot of damage, even cause restaurant to shut down for sometime... Maybe this is just my paranoia, but im not flying indoor unless i know certainly that it will work as it supposed to work... Im kind of impressed and disappointed buying avata, yet happy that i finally stepped into fpv world...

haha, missile mode.  i like that.  because when it happens, that's what it feels like.  

although i gotta say, it rarely happens.  at this point, whenever i take off, i always make sure i'm in a good place where if this happens again, the least amount of harm.  i never stand near the avata about to take off and i don't take off underneath trees, etc.  i also try to land the drone appropriate because that might have something to do with when it takes off next time.  i would never take off inside a restaurant full of expensive equipment and people....with any drone.  but if you are flying around with avata in a place where you expect to collide and hit things where it might go beserk then you need to be prepared for it to do some standard damage.  but it's hardly going to do a lot of serious damage, it's just a small drone.
1-22 08:50
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

i'd rather be under this than the dangerous avata:

3-7 17:59
Use props
DronSap
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12943 ft
Slovakia

Avata seems to hit something and the internal accelerometer (due to inertial forces and hard impact) reads large negative acceleration values. And the control unit immediately tries to compensate for this with maximum performance to slow down a sudden sudden drop in height (or even a sudden unexpected change of direction). And the drone flies off where it shouldn't. It probably takes too long for the control unit to decide that it is fine again and there is no need to "panic".

I think the problem is not how the control unit reacts to the impact, but how long it takes before it realizes that it is overreacting.
3-7 20:09
Use props
djiuser_4LnSAfckec9X
lvl.1

France

I agree and fuck avata ! I use now only o3 parts because dji fpv drones are ..., but ocusync is great ! 2 times I tried warranty in lost of control with avata and always fucked by dji, and need to use care refresh. Shame on you dji, it's over with me and your drones for ever !
3-30 04:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules