DJI O3 - RX Loss after all new updates - continues to happen.
4905 24 2023-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73537 ft
United States

DJI, will there be any more upcoming updates to address the DJI O3 from losing RC link with the DJI FPV controller?   I have all of my devices updated and it in the past 60 flights it’s happened 2 times with 2 different companies bind and flys.   I was 10 feet next to myself to first time. 2nd time maybe 30-40 feet away simply in my back yard.  I never lost video it just randomly lost connection.  After 5-7 seconds it reconnected and I could take off again.  It doesn’t instill the greatest confidence with this setup or system.    Hopefully another update soon?

2023-3-4
Use props
moriwaky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3543 ft
Spain

I just experience the exact thing, just 4 meters away and the quad losses conection. No video lost. Just "badrx" on OSD and then the failsafe kick in and my quad drop as brick from the sky.
2023-3-17
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

moriwaky Posted at 3-17 05:51
I just experience the exact thing, just 4 meters away and the quad losses conection. No video lost. Just "badrx" on OSD and then the failsafe kick in and my quad drop as brick from the sky.

Sad this happened but happy someone else could confirm the issue too.  Usually DJI acknowledges post with possible issues but sadly nothing on this yet . Maybe more people reporting the same issue will have them address this.   I’ve done about 30+ flights since that video I shared and it didn’t happen again.   It’s incredibly random when it happens to me.
2023-3-17
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

Continues to happen even after all the newest updates. Happened to me today, drone came down like a rock from 100 ft up.   @DJI will someone address this please.  It makes no sense for the video feed to stay live and user experience RC Loss.  The RC signal is suppose to be as stronger or stronger

Help please DJI.  
2023-4-2
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

moriwaky Posted at 3-17 05:51
I just experience the exact thing, just 4 meters away and the quad losses conection. No video lost. Just "badrx" on OSD and then the failsafe kick in and my quad drop as brick from the sky.

Same yesterday quad bye bye
2023-4-6
Use props
fans3d4d006a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 523428 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

same mine dropped over water 10 meters away with perfect transmission.. I think automatic channel switches rx to 2.4 and iFlight antenna only supports 5.8 so it cannot receive input
2023-4-6
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

fans3d4d006a Posted at 4-6 07:52
same mine dropped over water 10 meters away with perfect transmission.. I think automatic channel switches rx to 2.4 and iFlight antenna only supports 5.8 so it cannot receive input

I avoided iflight products because they tried to be super cheap by ordering a bunch of O3’s from dji without antennas to save money, then recycled old in house items they had.    Their electronics are always being reported as failing left and right .   I like their stuff but haven’t risked buying due to above I keep hearing.

**Ive had this issue happen on 3 different drones by 2 different manufacturers now.   Geprc’s O3 drones (using the stock antenna).  2 different ones, same issue.   1 babyhawk 2 HD from Emax, same issue happens with the vista and DJI grey controller.   

The issue has actually gotten me away from the hobby
2023-4-6
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

fans3d4d006a Posted at 4-6 07:52

Sorry you loss your in the water too!   that’s definitely a fear I’ve had with this.  Which is a bummer, I don’t like flying while preparing to possibly fall out of the sky at any moment.   Flying and having that type of confidence in the products sucks.     Only thing worse is the dji avata which can’t even turn left without freaking out lol.
2023-4-6
Use props
djiuser_YoVmN5D5mAlt
lvl.1

Thailand

I have exactly the same issue with different quads:
- Flywoo CineRace20 O3
- Flywoo Explorer LR4 O3
- Geprc Cinebot30 O3

Some of these BADRX happened when the quad was just 10-15m away from me. It almost dropped into water.
Signal reception was good before upgrading Vista to pair with Googles 2 and FPV Controller 2. Now the signal reception is really unreliable.
Would DJI look into this issue seriously? I won't be buying any more O3 Air Unit until this issue has been fixed.
2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_YoVmN5D5mAlt Posted at 4-11 10:04
I have exactly the same issue with different quads:
- Flywoo CineRace20 O3
- Flywoo Explorer LR4 O3

I’m updating to ELRS and bought the boxer radio.   Also participating in the hobby a lot less :/

Today (for the 2nd time) - I received the BADRX notification but didn’t lose connection at all. The notification stayed for maybe 2 seconds then went away.   Neither video or control was loss.

I’m wondering if there a dead zone for reception and this remote close by?  For me it seems to always happen when I’m close to myself (less than 30ft) and I’ve also noticed is always to the direct left or right of me.      I can easily recall these details because I’ve had 2-3 different drones almost land on me when they lost connection.

I have all the videos of these events happening but my initial video pretty much summarizes it well and dji has completely ignored it.
2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_YoVmN5D5mAlt
lvl.1

Thailand

djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg Posted at 4-11 10:21
I’m updating to ELRS and bought the boxer radio.   Also participating in the hobby a lot less :/

Today (for the 2nd time) - I received the BADRX notification but didn’t lose connection at all. The notification stayed for maybe 2 seconds then went away.   Neither video or control was loss.

I don't want to switch to ELRS. I want to stick with DJI FPV Controller 2 instead of buying and soldering ELRS receiver for each quad I own.

For Flywoo Explorer LR4 O3 and Flywoo CineRace20 O3, they both lost RC signal at about 10-15m from me at 300 degree from home point. It seems that RC signal has interference with video signal at the same frequency, creating blind spots even though it can be very close to home point.
2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_YoVmN5D5mAlt Posted at 4-11 19:55
I don't want to switch to ELRS. I want to stick with DJI FPV Controller 2 instead of buying and soldering ELRS receiver for each quad I own.

For Flywoo Explorer LR4 O3 and Flywoo CineRace20 O3, they both lost RC signal at about 10-15m from me at 300 degree from home point. It seems that RC signal has interference with video signal at the same frequency, creating blind spots even though it can be very close to home point.

If you are lucky enough to receive a response from DJI will you post it here?  I will do the same if I can get a response or answer.   I’m literally in the same boat as you, I very much wanted to stick to the dji remote too.   

I think this actually happened to Ken (dobo) on his YT review of the chimera 7inch lol.  He was using the dji remote I believe and lost connection over water.  He was also almost at his home point too.   

Common DJI,  address the issue already!!!
2023-4-12
Use props
fans76856d21
lvl.1

Hong Kong

The same happened to me three times, losing two and nearly three quads.  All happened in just within 200 meters and the quad just dropped suddenly after showing RX LOSS signal . I still want to stick to the DJI RC2.

DJI please do something, there are so many and probably more cases around.
2023-4-13
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

I’m gonna put some names in here in hopes google searching makes them find their way here .  Josh just did a video on this in his live show when someone asked about the controller and I know Ian has looked at this a bit.

ian_mads_tech
Ian Lewis
Joshua Bardwell
2023-4-13
Use props
mitch-lindsay
lvl.1
United States

Curious if anyone else is seeing this.  Was just flying and got the same RXLOSS error twice.  Navigating to the "transmission" tab in the goggles menu, the signal strength on CH1 was fluctuating rapidly, going from full strength to a single bar within a second.  In the OSD, I saw none of these fluctuations in the signal strength.  I don't have a spectrum analyzer to validate this but I'm wondering if I'm getting erratic signal strength because of some hardware issue and the OSD isn't visualizing that well enough.  
2023-4-14
Use props
djiuser_HROEP8ZV4yNg
lvl.2
United States

mitch-lindsay Posted at 4-14 17:06
Curious if anyone else is seeing this.  Was just flying and got the same RXLOSS error twice.  Navigating to the "transmission" tab in the goggles menu, the signal strength on CH1 was fluctuating rapidly, going from full strength to a single bar within a second.  In the OSD, I saw none of these fluctuations in the signal strength.  I don't have a spectrum analyzer to validate this but I'm wondering if I'm getting erratic signal strength because of some hardware issue and the OSD isn't visualizing that well enough.

https://youtu.be/_f8-cUnz4KQ

I made another post about it and here is the link to that video on YouTube.  Just a bunch of examples.  Sometimes RC drops other times it doesn’t.  I’m so close to my home point and even in wide open fields with it happening.   Very disappointing and so unsafe!   

This made me learn expresslrs over the past week and pickup a radio master boxer,  but I’m really close to saying F it bc I only do this hobby for fun and no part of this is fun haha.  Flying in open fields due to fear of randomly falling or tumbling out of the sky…that’s why I moved on from the dji avata which was disappointing. Only to have random rx losses and falling out of the sky again.   I rather stick to going for jogs outside and flying sims inside at this point lol.
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We noticed you have another thread, and we will confirm the details and keep you updated there.
Thank you for your understanding.
2023-4-14
Use props
aceranic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89741 ft
Croatia

I just lost mine, 300m from me. Simply lost signal and fell from sky. Impossible to find in woods.
2023-5-20
Use props
Guy Aroshas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604426 ft
Israel

I get this all the time too, but never went into full failsafe. Very scary!
2023-5-27
Use props
lesgrebe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 846503 ft
Austria

Hello!!

+1, also see

Post #51

Regards
Michi
2023-7-14
Use props
fans007d7a09
New

France

Hi,
Same behavior here on a Nazgul F5 V2 O3. 3 times on the same flight, about 10-15m around me and just a ridiculous bush and RX loss signal. Fortunately with beta flight 4.4 failsafe with return home saved my quad… in clear fiel it go faraway but the lesser small obstacle seems cut signal of RC while video signal is full good. The RC signal keep to be full to during RX loss. Can’t understand…

@Dji could you bring response about this bug please. Many messages without feedback from your technical support…
Thanks
2023-10-6
Use props
tasca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 870804 ft
Brazil

one more unhappy remote 2 user. happens always at close distance, sometimes it can be saved sometimed flies to the ground. noticed also lots of glitches in the yaw channel. please please DJI, this must be a firmware issue.
2023-10-29
Use props
TimBr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36906 ft

Germany

Same here.
I am using the RC2 for my DJi FPV an for my Pavo20. With the Dji FPV it works fine, but the o3 suffers from random signal losses.
2023-11-22
Use props
djiuser_YONrjm9YR7Ga
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Had exactly the same thing with my GEPRC cinebot30. Badrx came up and it fell out of the sky. Missed losing it in water by less than a meter. I have no confidence in flying it whatsoever now
2-26 04:44
Use props
Ronny G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2177605 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Not only happens on O3 units
Just conveted all my Betaflight drones with first gen Air Unit to Controller 2 and Googles 2. But now getting short intermittent RX LOSS messages in telemetry and feels like real glitches in transmission.
Only tried  in short range <50m
Using the DJI radio link and have tried SBUS both in high and low baudrate same problem on both
Having the latest FW on all the DJI equipment and on the Betaflight FC
Please fix this DJI Because now i don´t want to risk my expensive drones and I have already sold the old working DJI stuff
4-23 04:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules