Another case of DJI repair nightmare
650 10 2023-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nUVcr89DxvHd
lvl.1

United States

Just received my Osmo Pocket from the service center yesterday after a whole month sitting there. My initial probelem was battery not charging to 100%. It would stop around 70-80% but other than that, it worked perfectly.

The technician diagnose the problem as core board malfunctioned and quoted me a price to repair.  DJI recevied the unit on Jan 28 and diagnosed the problem on Feb 4th.  The repair cost was a bit high so I opted not to do the repair and live with the 70% battery life.  Within the day, I noticed the service progress had changed to shipping preparation.

Fast forward two weeks and still no UPS tracking email, so I inquired about the delay.  It took over 4 weeks for me to get the Pocket back, UPS delivered the package on Mar 4th.  But here is the problem, as I unwrapped the Pocket from the bubble wrap, I noticed the back cover was not fully seated, it seems like they did not attempt to place the back cover on and just bubble wrapped it.  To make things worse, the unit does not power on or charge now.  Lucikly I was able to film the unboxing or else I'm pretty sure DJI would not believe me.

After calling customer service, they want me to create a new repair case to get this shipped back.  This is definitely not a good experience and leaving a bad taste in my mouth.  I'm hoping one of the DJI reps can help expediate this and just get my Pocket back to it's operating form.

The original case#: CAS-11701255-G5Y0V1
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)]The new case# CAS-12072762-Q4K1R6
2023-3-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will check your case and forward it to our designated teams.
2023-3-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

We have forwarded your case and post to our related teams and they will attach more importance on your case. We will expedite the process for you at our best. Really apologize for the inconvenience caused. Should you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2023-3-6
Use props
djiuser_nUVcr89DxvHd
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for the prompt reply.  I dropped off the package earlier today at UPS store.  I will wait to hear back from DJI service dept  and keep you posted.  
2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_nUVcr89DxvHd Posted at 3-6 16:45
Thank you for the prompt reply.  I dropped off the package earlier today at UPS store.  I will wait to hear back from DJI service dept  and keep you posted.

We will keep an eye on your case. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-3-6
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Thats why I purchase the care refresh plan so they have to send me a knew one with no trouble
2023-3-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jake. A Posted at 3-9 07:09
Thats why I purchase the care refresh plan so they have to send me a knew one with no trouble

Hi, Jake. Appreciate your feedback. As always, feel free to reach out at any time for any DJI-related inquiries. We'll try our best to help. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2023-3-12
Use props
djiuser_nUVcr89DxvHd
lvl.1

United States

Looks like the package was delivered via UPS on Friday to DJI service center.  Repair progress still shows as "Not Received", assuming this is due to repair technician not having the package in their hands yet.     
Update: it has now change to damage assessement
2023-3-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_nUVcr89DxvHd Posted at 3-13 09:11
Looks like the package was delivered via UPS on Friday to DJI service center.  Repair progress still shows as "Not Received", assuming this is due to repair technician not having the package in their hands yet.     
Update: it has now change to damage assessement

Hi, we are following your case, too. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_nUVcr89DxvHd
lvl.1

United States

Hi DJI Wanda,
Just wanted to get clarification here before I move forward.  When I originally sent in my OSMO Pocket, the unit was working, just had issue with battery not fully charging to 100%, problem was core board. When the unit was sent back to me, it was not working, no power, not charging.  Now the diagnostic is battery needs to be replace and I'm being charged $92.35 for it. I feel like I'm paying for an issue I did not cause.
Do you know if I pay for the charges, will the original problem with core board still be a problem or will I be getting a replacement for a working OSMO Pocket that is working condition.

Thanks!  
2023-3-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_nUVcr89DxvHd Posted at 3-14 14:18
Hi DJI Wanda,
Just wanted to get clarification here before I move forward.  When I originally sent in my OSMO Pocket, the unit was working, just had issue with battery not fully charging to 100%, problem was core board. When the unit was sent back to me, it was not working, no power, not charging.  Now the diagnostic is battery needs to be replace and I'm being charged $92.35 for it. I feel like I'm paying for an issue I did not cause.
Do you know if I pay for the charges, will the original problem with core board still be a problem or will I be getting a replacement for a working OSMO Pocket that is working condition.

Sorry for the belated reply. We forwarded your case to our service center.
We checked that your package will be delivered today, March 21 by 7:00 p.m.
Please check your device after receiving it and contact us at any time if you have any questions.

2023-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules