Propellor guides on Mini 2 restricting flight options
406 8 2023-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Unionfan
lvl.1

France

Hi all.  After a losing battle with some tree branches, I bought the propellor guides for our Mini 2 which seem to be great and fitted very easily.  BUT, the first time I flew the drone with the guides on, the distance and height were all automatically restricted which meant I couldn't do the job I wanted to.  Is there some setting I need to change please to enable me to have full flight control again or is this just not possible with the propeellor guides in place?  I looked through the tutorials again and couldn't find anything about flying with the guides fitted.
Thanks in advance
Unionfan

2023-3-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From memory, I had the same experience with the Mini One. With the prop guards fitted, the drone switches to "Payload" mode with reduced range.  Possibly the same is true of the Mini2.  I've sold the Mini One now, so I can't check back.
I found this reference, which may help you.

https://www.droneblog.com/dji-mini-2-payload-mode/
2023-3-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Unionfan. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Blériot53 is correct. When the DJI Mini 2 is used with a propeller guard, it will automatically enter the load mode after meeting the conditions. Or, if you manually turn on the Payload mode, there will be height and distance limitations.
Specific limit range: 50 meters away from the home point, 30 meters high above the home point.
If the Propeller Guard is installed, and the aircraft flies out of the range of 30m and 50m before the payload is detected, then there is no restriction when flying back home. If this prevents you from fulfilling your desired flight, we recommend using the official propellers without the propeller guards. Should you have further inquiries, please reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-3-5
Use props
Unionfan
lvl.1

France

DJI Tony Posted at 3-5 20:37
Hi, Unionfan. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Blériot53 is correct. When the DJI Mini 2 is used with a propeller guard, it will automatically enter the load mode after meeting the conditions. Or, if you manually turn on the Payload mode, there will be height and distance limitations.
Specific limit range: 50 meters away from the home point, 30 meters high above the home point.
If the Propeller Guard is installed, and the aircraft flies out of the range of 30m and 50m before the payload is detected, then there is no restriction when flying back home. If this prevents you from fulfilling your desired flight, we recommend using the official propellers without the propeller guards. Should you have further inquiries, please reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.

Thank you but.... just to confirm, you're saying that I can't protect my drone from damage AND take advantage of any of the quickshot functionality or other flight limits at the same time?  This seems insane to me!
UF
2023-3-6
Use props
Unionfan
lvl.1

France

Blériot53 Posted at 3-5 09:08
From memory, I had the same experience with the Mini One. With the prop guards fitted, the drone switches to "Payload" mode with reduced range.  Possibly the same is true of the Mini2.  I've sold the Mini One now, so I can't check back.
I found this reference, which may help you.

Thanks Blériot.... this seems daft (not you, the limits put on the drone's capabilities)
UF
2023-3-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unionfan Posted at 3-6 04:03
Thanks Blériot.... this seems daft (not you, the limits put on the drone's capabilities)
UF

Have a look at the link I sent you. He seems to indicate that payload mode can be switched off.
2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Unionfan Posted at 3-6 04:03
Thank you but.... just to confirm, you're saying that I can't protect my drone from damage AND take advantage of any of the quickshot functionality or other flight limits at the same time?  This seems insane to me!
UF

We understand that installing propeller guards provides you with more peace in flying especially if you encountered an accident before. However, this will result in altitude and distance restrictions when flying.  
You may still use QuickShots as long as it does not exceed 30 m altitude and 50 m distance. It will only become unavailable during these circumstances:
1. If there is no microSD card, QuickShots cannot be used (the QuickShots button cannot be seen).
2. If the aircraft has entered ATTI mode or another mode, the QuickShots function cannot be used.
Please switch back to P mode. Use Quickshots in places with a strong GPS signal.
3. Quickshots cannot be used when the aircraft takes off at an elevation below 2 m.
4. If a subject is not selected or Start has not been tapped, QuickShots cannot be triggered.
You may check this video tutorial for more details:

5. If the light is insufficient or there are obstacles in the environment, there might be a calculation error due to visual factors of the target distance. As such, the DJI Fly app will not be able to stitch together QuickShots videos.
6. If the device is incompatible, QuickShots cannot be used.
Please let us know if you need further clarification.
2023-3-7
Use props
Unionfan
lvl.1

France

DJI Tony Posted at 3-7 00:11
We understand that installing propeller guards provides you with more peace in flying especially if you encountered an accident before. However, this will result in altitude and distance restrictions when flying.  
You may still use QuickShots as long as it does not exceed 30 m altitude and 50 m distance. It will only become unavailable during these circumstances:
1. If there is no microSD card, QuickShots cannot be used (the QuickShots button cannot be seen).

"Aircraft takes off at an elevation below 2metres"...
What does this mean please?  2 metres above sea-level?  Otherwise it doesn't make sense...
ATTI, P etc etc.... what does all this jargon mean?  I'm not a geek and have no intention of memorizing the entire manual. I just expect the advertised features to work, especially when all I've changed is to add the safety accessories sold directly by dji.

UF
2023-3-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Unionfan Posted at 3-7 01:12
"Aircraft takes off at an elevation below 2metres"...
What does this mean please?  2 metres above sea-level?  Otherwise it doesn't make sense...
ATTI, P etc etc.... what does all this jargon mean?  I'm not a geek and have no intention of memorizing the entire manual. I just expect the advertised features to work, especially when all I've changed is to add the safety accessories sold directly by dji.

To clarify, you need to take off at least 2 m above the ground where you launched the drone (vertical takeoff height). ATTI refers to Attitude mode. The aircraft automatically changes to Attitude mode when the Downward Vision System is unavailable or disabled and when the GPS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference. And regarding P mode, we apologize but we're referring to Normal Mode. We suggest you check the video posted above for further details. Thank you.
2023-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules