Looking to Expand my Digital FPV footprint
1018 7 2023-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

Looking to Expand my Digital FPV footprint.....If I can get rid of the older analog Fat Shark System entirely. Long term......

So the 5" HD freestyle quad of choice would be something like this:
https://www.getfpv.com/lumenier- ... -fpv-system-6s.html

Althought I am still doing research into this next step there are many other brands and even 7" long range quads with GPS.
Much research left to do - I am not in any rush. I prefer Ready to fly - bind and fly solutions as I am not good at tuning nor have time to do so.

• Whats your favorite Freestyle quad using DJI O3 system so they work with my new Goggles 2?
  • Then the next question is there anything for me on the tiny whoop scale?

I love my 1S indoor action and I have (2) analog FPV quads for this racing and many hoops, gates, flags, etc.

Its crazy fun, but the only thing I see is Mobula6 w/ HDZero.......is that the only option?

And what are the best goggles for that system? I must be missing something.

I am supprised the o3 system is looking very popular.....Just looking to leveerage the new goggles as much as possible
2023-3-5
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I very much like the iFlight Nazgul Evoque 5 V2 O3. It flys very smoothly, I never tuned anything, just had to configure the ELRS in Betaflight. If you don't want to do even that (but as you've been flying analog you are definitely up to that) get the O3 only version and the great DJI controller. But people say they had issues with it: if you lose video you lose RC link as well. As for a small quad I guess I'd choose the GepRC Cinelog 20 O3. I love my Cinelog 25 HD which doesn't use the O3...
2023-3-5
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

Yeah - i-flight popped up on the radar along with Mr. Steele and a few others.
I think I am going to drop down to 4S and try to use the same packs for all 5" digital or analog quads if I go that way.

It is not looking like I am ever going to be able to get rid of analog completely due to tiny whoops.

What's the point in getting a different tiny whoop and different goggles, different controller......in the end I can just keep the analog for what it is and save a ton of $$$$.

Let's face it the Avata combo and FPV controller put a dent in the budget.....so any new DIgiatl Quad will need to be on board with DJI for video via OC3 and the conntroller will need to be DJI or Specktrum as the whole point is to reduce the amount of gear I have. Not add to it.

I am also looking at these 7" long range models w/GPS. That will certainly not be a 4S unit so I will figure this out.

Keep the advice comming as it will help figure this out.......
2023-3-6
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

Thoughts on this quad? I am throwing it out there so you are not going to hurt my feelings, please.

https://www.getfpv.com/fpv-quad- ... -edition-v2-hd.html

I do not see a couple of key pieces of info - such as OC3 - so will this work with my goggles? probably not
This is Caddx vista - will that work with the newer Goggles 2 and if so is it at 1080P? What about On Screen Display?

Also I do not see if this a 4S or I missed that. I have to watch the video later after work.....

Any one that knows about Caddx Vista and Goggles 2 might be able to help here? Also this is a question of if the DJI FPV Controller 2 works with the Caddx or not.

Looks like old school FPV V1 with 720P and the older controller shown......

2023-3-6
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Nitro-Tom Posted at 3-6 08:07
Thoughts on this quad? I am throwing it out there so you are not going to hurt my feelings, please.

https://www.getfpv.com/fpv-quad- ... -edition-v2-hd.html

The vista works with the Goggles 2 if you flash it to the latest firmware. Then it won't work with the black controller and the Goggles V1 or V2, only the grey one or a third party controller/receiver.
On Screen should work very well with Beta Flight 4.4 and/or the WTF OS hack (which I never tried).

The Bardwell quad should work well considering the "designer" though it's supposed to be "beginner" - whatever that might mean here.
Doesn't really matter if you go 4S or 6S, just get the motors that fit.
You may want to try Walksnail and their stand alone receiver if you've got a good set of analog goggles (from what I heard, never tried anything outside DJI except one sh**ty starter whoop).
2023-3-6
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

I like the idea of the above as this is a great refresher to build it.....today not as many  major players like horizon hobby have few if any options available today.....and the above is 6S out of the box, so my bet is it will not work with the goggles 2.......that would be too easy.
2023-3-6
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
United States

Depp Posted at 3-6 10:37
The vista works with the Goggles 2 if you flash it to the latest firmware. Then it won't work with the black controller and the Goggles V1 or V2, only the grey one or a third party controller/receiver.
On Screen should work very well with Beta Flight 4.4 and/or the WTF OS hack (which I never tried).

Yeah I do , and I just want to use my DJI Goggles 2 that I got with the Avata and my DJI FPV Controller 2 for flight control. Will the RX unit you refer allow me to do that?

I would go 6S with the included 1800 motors and I think they have a 4S combo with 2400 motors.

I have a ton of 4S in stock and a decent about of 6S so it really does not matter.

Thanks again for the tips!
2023-3-6
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Nitro-Tom Posted at 3-6 10:51
Yeah I do , and I just want to use my DJI Goggles 2 that I got with the Avata and my DJI FPV Controller 2 for flight control. Will the RX unit you refer allow me to do that?

I would go 6S with the included 1800 motors and I think they have a 4S combo with 2400 motors.

If you build an O3 by yourself or get a bind and fly without another controller you should be able to fly with the grey DJI controller - no problem. That's the easiest way.
2023-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules