Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello DJI

Is it possible to add for the Drone, accessories with USB-C connection for the aircraft (like RTK or Beacon or more) each one with a support base?

2023-3-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

You mean for the M3E? If so then yes you can, the top port is made for.

For the M3 consumer, regarding the RTK you could potentially only feed it to do PPK because FLY does not manage the RTK. I don't know if the port is powered during the flight and if it will take off with something branch.

Test it ! connect a usb cable and see if it takes off. If so then you can DIY a 5V beacon.
2023-3-6
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-6 11:31
You mean for the M3E? If so then yes you can, the top port is made for.

For the M3 consumer, regarding the RTK you could potentially only feed it to do PPK because FLY does not manage the RTK. I don't know if the port is powered during the flight and if it will take off with something branch.

No I mean Mavic 3 - Mavic 3 Cine - Mavic 3 classic
2023-3-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Niknik Posted at 3-6 11:46
No I mean Mavic 3 - Mavic 3 Cine - Mavic 3 classic

You have to try, it's not impossible that you can recover 5v via the cable. Connect a cable and test it with a voltmeter.

But I'm sure you'll save your time with an external power supply. I just found a PPK kit for M3 on the internet, it's an external battery. Usually the power supply is taken from the drone for this kind of additional equipment.
https://mettatec.com/ppk-kit-for-mavic-3/
2023-3-6
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-6 11:56
You have to try, it's not impossible that you can recover 5v via the cable. Connect a cable and test it with a voltmeter.

But I'm sure you'll save your time with an external power supply. I just found a PPK kit for M3 on the internet, it's an external battery. Usually the power supply is taken from the drone for this kind of additional equipment.

Third party hardware how will implement in DJI FLY or DJI PILOT 2 if DJI will ever does this
2023-3-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Niknik Posted at 3-6 12:06
Third party hardware how will implement in DJI FLY or DJI PILOT 2 if DJI will ever does this

In DJI Pilot2 there is no problem the SDK is already implemented and third party payloads are very well managed.  At least that of the M300 amd M30.

For FLY I have no idea. But for a beacon or PPK you don't need to communicate with the drone. For RTK you just need an external communication, 4G, Lora... Which feeds the electromagnetic environment around the drone, so not ideal.
2023-3-6
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-6 12:30
In DJI Pilot2 there is no problem the SDK is already implemented and third party payloads are very well managed.  At least that of the M300 amd M30.

For FLY I have no idea. But for a beacon or PPK you don't need to communicate with the drone. For RTK you just need an external communication, 4G, Lora... Which feeds the electromagnetic environment around the drone, so not ideal.

Yes for beacon or beam lights You do not need anything except You can't control them. But for PPK why?
2023-3-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Niknik Posted at 3-6 12:34
Yes for beacon or beam lights You do not need anything except You can't control them. But for PPK why?

Because a receiver that you will use in PPK is just a GNSS observation recorder that will be corrected later with reference to a fixed station. Then you will have precise coordinates which correspond to a timestamp. Then just geo rectify the images according to this timestamp. Emlid station does this wonderfully, and the software is free!
2023-3-6
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-6 12:40
Because a receiver that you will use in PPK is just a GNSS observation recorder that will be corrected later with reference to a fixed station. Then you will have precise coordinates which correspond to a timestamp. Then just geo rectify the images according to this timestamp. Emlid station does this wonderfully, and the software is free!

Oh ok You were very helpful Thanks
2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules