Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
infodougmac.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4407480 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,
I have an inspire 2 with current firmware, X7 camera, crystal sky monitor with dji go 4 software and cendence controller.

My last few flights, the aircraft will disconnect when I get more than 1000' away.  It starts returning to home and then connects again.  I've tried everything in the field.  I also had to hire a team in Egypt this summer that had the same craft and the same thing was happening.  Very frustrating.  Is this common with the most current firmware?  

Any help would be appreciated.  I don't have time to send it in to DJI before my next flight and don't want to spend any more money on this 10 year old dinosaur.  Where is the 3?

Thanks,
Doug

2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there.Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to fly to a different location so we can check if the disconnection issue still happens? In addition, could you please confirm or might as well provide us a screenshot showing the error message you received on the DJI Go 4 app during this issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-6
Use props
infodougmac.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

This happens in multiple locations. I have a mavic 3 Cine that has no problems in the same locations.

Don’t have the drone with me currently but it just says “aircraft disconnected” and it automatically returns to home. It’s the exact same as if you lose line of site or the drone or if it gets too far out of range. This happens though when it is very close to me.
2023-3-7
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Ive had similar

To be honest, I think it might just be that the Mavic 3 Cine has me spoiled with how good its connection is compared to the inspire 2.
The mavic will nearly fly over a hill, the inspire 2 will loose signal behind a tree. Or even close to you and in direct LoS if there is much interference in the area.

I think, unfortunately, what you are experiencing is just old technology. I had the very same experience between the 2 of of them. fly down a river with the I2 and it just drops and starts RTH.
2023-3-7
Use props
infodougmac.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mike9129 Posted at 3-7 09:50
Ive had similar

To be honest, I think it might just be that the Mavic 3 Cine has me spoiled with how good its connection is compared to the inspire 2.

Thanks.  Unfortunately this is new to the inspire 2.  I've never had this issue before.  It's to the point where I can barely fly it.  I'll start to create a shot and it just disconnects.  DJI, you must have some help here.
2023-3-10
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

infodougmac.com Posted at 3-10 16:50
Thanks.  Unfortunately this is new to the inspire 2.  I've never had this issue before.  It's to the point where I can barely fly it.  I'll start to create a shot and it just disconnects.  DJI, you must have some help here.

For what its worth, my one decided today that it wouldnt bother transmitting the video signal at all outside of the FPV camera.

Theyre an interesting machine 7 years later.
2023-4-6
Use props
infodougmac.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mike9129 Posted at 4-6 07:05
For what its worth, my one decided today that it wouldnt bother transmitting the video signal at all outside of the FPV camera.

Theyre an interesting machine 7 years later.

Well that all changed today.   Looks like the 3 is coming after the announcement today.
2023-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules