Terra Rinex Obs - Feature Improvement
2163 3 2023-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone2Tractor
lvl.1
Australia

The way that the Terra software works with the rinex files is a frustrating. Currently, for each individual flight there may be 3 to 4 groups of data in the one folder. For each individual group of data, I need to copy the same rinex file, and update the name of the rinex file.

Below is what was required to get this particualr project to process. When I now have to do this over 75 seperate sets of data, this is a frustrating, and time consuming process that should be handled by the software automatically.

When I only had a single copy of the obs file in the directory, Terra only processed that single chunk of data, and the point cloud was "missing" points.

From the user side, this should just be a matter of placing the obs file into that directory (not even needing to rename it) as Terra should be able to inspect the timestamps within the obs file, and match them to the appropriate data. If there are conflicts in the timestamps, then the the user should have a UI prompt to allow us to associate the specific obs file to the dataset.
Windows Explorer - DJI L1 Processing.png
2023-3-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

.RTB + .obs ?
If you disable RTK during the flight, you will already have one step less to do.  

Otherwise yes it is true that this file renaming is painful.
2023-3-6
Use props
Drone2Tractor
lvl.1
Australia

In most cases, we are having to travel very long distances for a job. In this particular job, it was approx. 16 hour drive each way (south central QLD, Australia to some of the most western towns in QLD). In all cases we want to do post processing GNSS so that the data matches with the ground rover pickup. But in all cases, we want the RTK to be captured as a backup.

But, what you had said has given me an idea that potentially I could just cut the RTB files from the folder and it would automatically recognise the obs file and apply it. I will have to give that a go.
2023-3-7
Use props
Drone2Tractor
lvl.1
Australia

Just completed a bunch of tests, removing the RTB file, and only having a single OBS file in the directory did not work. I still had to copy and rename the OBS file for each individual matching LDR file.
2023-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules