Blurry areas in Air2s stills
1019 5 2023-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KJprotog
lvl.1
Australia

Hi,

I have just received a replacement Air2s after issues with random blurry patches in stills. After doing all the updates and testing out the brand new replacement, I was disappointed to see that it too has the same issue in different areas of the image. I read on a forum that one DJI customer had 7 replacements before he received one that had acceptable image quality. I understand and accept that the edges and corners of the images will likely have some distortion, however random fuzzy pacthes in the central areas are not what I would think of as acceptable from an Air2s. See images attached. I marked the lower left areas as notable too due to the image becoming sharp again in the very corner! The powerline in the second image illustrate the issue pretty well. I have tried manual and auto focus and the same areas are fuzzy in all images. I am curious if anyone has had a fix for this issue or a replacement that didn't have this problem?

random fuzzy areas marked in red

random fuzzy areas marked in red
fuzzy areas marked_low res.jpg
2023-3-7
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

The area is about the same, then it's probably something related to the lenses. Besides suggesting to carefully clean the lenses using a good product, I've no more recommendations.  You can ask for another replacement and again and again, until you receive a good one.
2023-3-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This looks like a hardware issue indeed.
2023-3-7
Use props
KJprotog
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you both. I have cleaned what I can but no improvement. Will follow up with DJI. Cheers, KJ
2023-3-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to reset the camera settings and then check if the issue persists. If you have a filter installed, try to remove it then take a photo again after wiping the corresponding area with a clean cloth. If the issue still persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-3-7
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

I actually had this happen on a shoot I was doing. It’s bizarre because the next day I did another shoot and it was fine. I did a few top down shots flat with the ground and inspected my photos and they seem fine now. I’m not sure what issue I was having but very similar to this, now I can’t recreate it.
2023-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules