Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Ronin 4D FLEX | Now with DETACHABLE HEAD!
1695 16 2023-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now this is an impressive update for the Ronin 4.

2023-3-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice find!
2023-3-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's a phenomenal bit of kit for sure.  I like how he has remote control set with wheels.

PS did you notice hes still using the DJI mic.
2023-3-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-7 07:31
It's a phenomenal bit of kit for sure.  I like how he has remote control set with wheels.

PS did you notice hes still using the DJI mic.

Yeah, great stuff for the ones who need (and can afford) it.
Yup I noticed (and recognized the typical sound quality).
I'm not sure about my best option, since I don't find it a good mic for indoor usage when you don't need the the 'one in all' solution.
(like me indoor)
2023-3-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-7 07:39
Yeah, great stuff for the ones who need (and can afford) it.
Yup I noticed (and recognized the typical sound quality).
I'm not sure about my best option, since I don't find it a good mic for indoor usage when you don't need the the 'one in all' solution.

Perhaps AirPods + AI cleanup?
2023-3-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-7 07:48
Perhaps AirPods + AI cleanup?

Way over priced.
I'm looking into either the sure SM7B (big studio mic) or a lavalier mic that I can hook up to my camera or zoom h1.
2023-3-7
Use props
Jake Andrew
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Sounds good..... a bit to pricy though
2023-3-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-7 08:29
Way over priced.
I'm looking into either the sure SM7B (big studio mic) or a lavalier mic that I can hook up to my camera or zoom h1.

I got some AirPods pros some time ago and they are the best headphones Ive ever had and can do things that Ive never seen any other head phones do.  
2023-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jake Andrew Posted at 3-7 11:16
Sounds good..... a bit to pricy though

Just a bit,  even the licences to activate pro res are $$$
2023-3-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-8 00:06
I got some AirPods pros some time ago and they are the best headphones Ive ever had and can do things that Ive never seen any other head phones do.

Yeah, I know. They are great headphones, but I don't need that. I need a good microphone and for that, they are over priced.
2023-3-8
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-8 00:06

Don't ever use AirPods as your primary microphone on a serious production.

The fact that you're using Bluetooth severely limits the audio quality to that of a lossy codec.

Yes, I've done tests. Don't do it. Never use Bluetooth anything as your microphone.

It's better to get a cheap Best Buy lav mic that plugs into a cellphone and use a WAV-based audio recording app like Hokusai 2.
2023-3-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ford4D Posted at 3-10 15:56
Don't ever use AirPods as your primary microphone on a serious production.

The fact that you're using Bluetooth severely limits the audio quality to that of a lossy codec.

So you wouldn't use the DJI Mic either then?
2023-3-11
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3

United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-11 00:48
So you wouldn't use the DJI Mic either then?

No, I never said that.

In fact, I wasn't talking about that at all. That's an entirely different question.

The DJI Mics use standard 2.4GHz radio frequencies. It's completely different from Bluetooth. Completely.

There are plenty of mics you can use. The DJI Mics is just one good option out of many.
2023-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ford4D Posted at 3-13 07:29
No, I never said that.

In fact, I wasn't talking about that at all. That's an entirely different question.

OK but you know bluetooth is a 2.4GHz radio frequency.
2023-3-13
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3

United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 07:31
OK but you know bluetooth is a 2.4GHz radio frequency.

What you said is super misleading. No, it's not the same as a STANDARD 2.4GHz radio signal. By standard I meant in the sense of wireless microphones. But I can understand the confusion.

Yes, Bluetooth uses the same ISM radio band of 2.4GHz. But so do microwave ovens, garagedoor openers, RC planes, WiFi routers, car alarms, some radar, and any number of different devices and technologies.

Bluetooth doesn't use the 2.4GHz band the same way that wireless microphones do. They are completely different technologies built upon the same basic technology. Bluetooth does not directly encode a 'raw' audio electric signal. There isn't a designated transmitter and a designated reciever. Bluetooth sends encoded digital data packets back and forth, in two directions. There's constant communicaiton between the two, and there's a lot of little bits of system data going back and forth. There simply isn't enough bandwidth left over to deliver even close to the same level of audio quality without first compressing the signal. Which is exactly what most Bluetooth audio implementions do. Until recently, with the sparsely-supported aptX codec, the idea of lossless audio over Bluetooth was laughable. And despite how well that niche aptX codec that requires specific hardware works, it's only giving you a close aproximation of 16bits at 44.1kHz. Why settle for just that?

Trust me: Never use any kind of Airpod as your primary microphone. You're recording heavily compressed audio that isn't suitable for post production. If the audio clips, you won't be able to recover any of the lost signal information. But if you don't trust me, trust the manufacturer.

From Apple's own website:
"AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation), and Beats wireless headphones use Apple’s AAC Bluetooth Codec to ensure excellent audio quality. Bluetooth connections don’t support lossless audio."

2023-3-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ford4D Posted at 3-21 12:09
What you said is super misleading. No, it's not the same as a STANDARD 2.4GHz radio signal. By standard I meant in the sense of wireless microphones. But I can understand the confusion.

Yes, Bluetooth uses the same ISM radio band of 2.4GHz. But so do microwave ovens, garagedoor openers, RC planes, WiFi routers, car alarms, some radar, and any number of different devices and technologies.

I simply said they also used 2.4ghz,  that was all.
2023-3-21
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3

United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-21 23:06
I simply said they also used 2.4ghz,  that was all.

And I was simply trying to help you not mess up your audio, and then next clear up a misconception that you brought up.

Back on topic: I got a 4D Flex and so far it's pretty interesting. Gonna try to figure out something cool to do with it.
2023-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules