RC Pro won't save waypoint route
1985 21 2023-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GhostOfPlovdiv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2164108 ft
United States

So I went on a job today with my Mavic 3 cine + RC Pro. The idea was to save a waypoint route and then return several time over the next few months to go through the same waypoint route and shooting a video of a construction project. I can add the waypoints and the drone follows them precisely but when it's done there is no way to save the route to use next time I return to the contruction site. Tapping save and exit does nothing. The library is completely empty and there is no way to save it from there. According to to the app I have the latest firmware. Any hints to where the problem might be? This software failure botched me a nice paying job

2023-3-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Maybe this will help.
2023-3-7
Use props
GhostOfPlovdiv
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-7 09:25
Maybe this will help. https://youtu.be/fA3nmHNG1XQ

I know how to do a waypoints video. The problem is I need to save the route so I can go several times in the span a few months and repeat exactly the same waypoints route to record the progress of the construction site. I am probably dealing with a BUG THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
2023-3-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Did you not pay attention to the saving portion?  Save it from the library, not from the save and exit prompt. DJI is aware of the bug.
2023-3-7
Use props
GhostOfPlovdiv
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-7 09:38
Did you not pay attention to the saving portion?  Save it from the library, not from the save and exit prompt. DJI is aware of the bug.

Yes. When I go to the library it is completely empty. It doesn't matter how many waypoints I have set before that.
2023-3-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Have you tried setting waypoints while flying the route?
2023-3-7
Use props
GhostOfPlovdiv
lvl.2
United States

Yes, I did that as well Also made 2 restarts of the rc and the drone.
2023-3-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

I have seen one workaround, using the satellite view instead of map view seems to work.
2023-3-7
Use props
GhostOfPlovdiv
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-7 11:18
I have seen one workaround, using the satellite view instead of map view seems to work.

So that will help me save the waypoints?
2023-3-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

GhostOfPlovdiv Posted at 3-7 11:25
So that will help me save the waypoints?

I have read that here. Do a search for waypoints. It may turn up. It was in the past two weeks, I believe.
2023-3-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, GhostOfPlovdiv. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Just to clarify, after creating waypoints and clicking the button on the image below, don't you see any history routes?

If yes, Can you please provide us a video of the operation for further checking and please provide as well the firmware versions of the drone and RC, as well as the DJI Fly version? we will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-3-8
Use props
GhostOfPlovdiv
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-8 21:09
Hi, GhostOfPlovdiv. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Just to clarify, after creating waypoints and clicking the button on the image below, don't you see any history routes?
[view_image]
If yes, Can you please provide us a video of the operation for further checking and please provide as well the firmware versions of the drone and RC, as well as the DJI Fly version? we will wait for your reply. Thank you.

Hello and yes, after creating waypoints and tapping on the icon the list is completely empty. Tapping save and exit on the waypoints icon also does nothing.  
Firmware is:
App version 1.9.0
Aircraft Firmware 01.00.1000
RC Firmware 03.01.1200
FlySafe Data 01.00.01.29

I will be able to do a video with the problem tomorrow.
2023-3-9
Use props
GhostOfPlovdiv
lvl.2
United States

I just tested, as someone suggested, that I am able to add waypoints from the map itself. Can't add them the normal way sadly.
2023-3-9
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

GhostOfPlovdiv Posted at 3-9 03:03
Hello and yes, after creating waypoints and tapping on the icon the list is completely empty. Tapping save and exit on the waypoints icon also does nothing.  
Firmware is:
App version 1.9.0

App 1.9 0.  ?????
2023-3-9
Use props
GhostOfPlovdiv
lvl.2
United States

Isn't that the latest version? When I tap check for updates it says I have the latest version installed. I am connected to the internet via WiFi.
2023-3-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

GhostOfPlovdiv Posted at 3-9 12:58
Isn't that the latest version? When I tap check for updates it says I have the latest version installed. I am connected to the internet via WiFi.

The latest Android version is 1.9.4, IOs is 1.9.5
2023-3-9
Use props
GhostOfPlovdiv
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-9 13:01
The latest Android version is 1.9.4, IOs is 1.9.5

Okay this is interesting. How do I force the update?
2023-3-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

GhostOfPlovdiv Posted at 3-9 13:02
Okay this is interesting. How do I force the update?

Try deleting and reinstalling
2023-3-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GhostOfPlovdiv Posted at 3-9 03:03
Hello and yes, after creating waypoints and tapping on the icon the list is completely empty. Tapping save and exit on the waypoints icon also does nothing.  
Firmware is:
App version 1.9.0

Hi, GhostOfPlovdiv. Thank you for the details. The current version for DJI Fly is V 1.9.4. Kindly update it on your RC Pro by following this step: When the DJI RC Pro is connected to the Internet (connected with Wifi), enter the DJI Fly App, click [Profile] - [Settings] - [About] - [Check For Updates] to detect the latest version of the app and update it. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-11
Use props
GhostOfPlovdiv
lvl.2
United States

Everything works fine now! Case closed.
2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

GhostOfPlovdiv Posted at 3-15 08:48
Everything works fine now! Case closed.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you already managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Happy flying!
2023-4-11
Use props
G studio27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2129199 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had similar issues, I set waypoints as a photo mission then I changed it to a video mission, 9start record at waypoint 1 and end record at last waypoint), It won't let me 'Save as" so it's just stuck...
Really poor navigation system for saving the waypoints.. Currently updating the firmware so hopefully this fixes the issue.
also lost an entire mission yesterday, created 99 waypoints, (max as aI understand..), tried to save it but lost the lot.. It's now showing as a 79 waypoint mission but they haven't saved properly so I'll have to go out and do it all over again..
Pretty random results from this DJI, not at all acceptable for pro use so far.
2023-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules