D-RTK 2 does not reconnect to RC after drone reboot
2368 16 2023-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dev_ul
lvl.3

Spain

Hello all,

I am using  a DJI M300 RTK drone with a brand new D-RTK 2 station. I am connecting the D-RTK 2 station correctly to the RC, however, when I reboot the drone (without rebooting the D-RTK 2 station neither the RC) the connection to the D-RTK 2 station is not maintained.

Is this the expected behavior? To get the RTK working it needs to be actively set-up from the RC controller each time the drone is powered on? There is no automatic reconnection?

My main concern is that this cannot be used in an autonomous manner without having a human in the loop, setting up the RTK station on the RC controller. Or is there any option of using the RTK (through the OSDK perhaps) without setting it up in the RC controller.

Any hints in this matter would be very helpful.

Thank you.

2023-3-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi dev_ul, sorry for the belated reply.
Could you please check the following details and keep us updated?
1. After the D-RTK2 is connected to the aircraft when the aircraft is restarted, has the RTK type been switched on the remote control, such as switching to a custom network RTK or "none"?
2. May I know whether D-RTK2 has changed modes during this period?
Thanks in advance.
2023-3-13
Use props
dev_ul
lvl.3

Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-13 03:25
Hi dev_ul, sorry for the belated reply.
Could you please check the following details and keep us updated?
1. After the D-RTK2 is connected to the aircraft when the aircraft is restarted, has the RTK type been switched on the remote control, such as switching to a custom network RTK or "none"?

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for your reply. Answering your questions:

1. No, before and after the drone is restarted, the RTK Service Type remains in mode D-RTK2 Mobile Station. See picture below.

2. No, during the entire period the RTK is in mode 5.

What I can observe is that at the beginning the RC states RTK is connected, with signal strong, but after the drone restart, I can observe this on the RC

Does somebody else has encountered this situation or can reproduce it?

FYI, the drone firmware is v5 and the RTK has the latest firmware version.

2023-3-20
Use props
dev_ul
lvl.3

Spain

Any progress on this? Are you able to reproduce it? Is this behavior intentional?
2023-4-3
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

The famous DRTK-2!  I put this thing in the trash a while ago, I was close to buy one again, for the L1 LiDAR.  But in the end I moved on to something else:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-285647-1-1.html

What you are describing is one of the recurring problems with this accessory, until the next update or there is a good chance that it will give you something new.  The operation of the NTRIP caster or a base station is however so simple.  I don't quite understand where DJI is failing.
2023-4-3
Use props
dev_ul
lvl.3

Spain

LV_Forestry thanks for your comment here.

DJI Natalia, any updates on this? We recently upgraded the M300 and RC to the latest firmware v6.0 but still experiencing the same issue
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dev_ul Posted at 4-12 05:48

DJI Natalia, any updates on this? We recently upgraded the M300 and RC to the latest firmware v6.0 but still experiencing the same issue

Hi, there. Thanks for your updated information here and sorry for the belated reply.
We will confirm this problem with our engineer and get back to you asap.
Please rest assured.
2023-4-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dev_ul Posted at 4-12 05:48

DJI Natalia, any updates on this? We recently upgraded the M300 and RC to the latest firmware v6.0 but still experiencing the same issue

Thanks for your waiting. After confirmation, we found the problem is that the M300 RTK link is abnormal. If you have other aircraft for cross-testing, you can test other M300. If other M300 can connect to D-RTK2 after restarting, we suggest sending back the current M300 RTK Aircraft and remote controller. If other M300s cannot automatically connect to D-RTK2 after restarting, we recommend sending D-RTK2 back.
2023-4-13
Use props
dev_ul
lvl.3

Spain

Dear Natalia,

Thank you so much for your fast answer. We have 3 DJI M300, and we see the same behavior with all of them. So as you suggest, the D-RTK2 station must be the issue. We will proceed with shipment of the unit.  
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dev_ul Posted at 4-17 01:09
Dear Natalia,

Thank you so much for your fast answer. We have 3 DJI M300, and we see the same behavior with all of them. So as you suggest, the D-RTK2 station must be the issue. We will proceed with shipment of the unit.

Thanks for your updated information as well, should you have any more needs or questions, please feel free to contact us.
2023-4-17
Use props
dev_ul
lvl.3

Spain

Hi again Natalia,
We purchased a second D-RTK2 unit as the provider told us that it is the expected behavior.
We repeated the tests with the brand new D-RTK2 unit and we see the same issue. Basically the DJI M300 is not able to autoconnect to the same RTK station after powering off just the drone. It is needed to use the RC and search for RTK stations again, as if it was the very first time they connect.  

Now we have multiple DJI M300 as well as now 2 D-RTK2 stations. Seems like it is not a hardware issue, but more a bug on the firmware. All firmwares in the RC, DJI M300 and the D-RTK2 station are the latest available from DJI.

We would like to reopen this issue, and discuss if this is an intentional/expected behavior or not.

Thank you
2023-4-26
Use props
FZanini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48383 ft
Brazil

I have the same problem with a DJI Agras T30 drone, every time I change the battery I need to close the map that is running, reconnect the D-RTK 2 base and go back to the map that was running. This makes the operation impractical for this drone as I lose more than 5 min in each battery change just to reconnect the D-RTK 2 base
2023-4-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dev_ul Posted at 4-26 02:44
Hi again Natalia,
We purchased a second D-RTK2 unit as the provider told us that it is the expected behavior.
We repeated the tests with the brand new D-RTK2 unit and we see the same issue. Basically the DJI M300 is not able to autoconnect to the same RTK station after powering off just the drone. It is needed to use the RC and search for RTK stations again, as if it was the very first time they connect.  

Hi, there. Sorry for the belated reply.
We have forwarded your feedback to our engineer and they might need a related video to check the details better. Could you please offer us a video so that we can check the problem asap and offer you better assistance?
You can send it to us via Google Drive or Dropbox.
Thank you in advance.
2023-5-3
Use props
dev_ul
lvl.3

Spain

Hi Natalia,
Here you can find the link to a video showcasing the issue. RTK Issue

To clarify, the expected behavior would be that the drone autoconnects to the RTK station after doing a powercycle. However, it is needed to re-connect to the RTK station via the RC.

Please let me know if you need more information from our side.
2023-5-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dev_ul Posted at 5-4 01:33
Hi Natalia,

Thank you, we have forwarded this video to our engineer already.
If there is any updates, I will get back to you asap.
2023-5-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dev_ul Posted at 5-4 01:33
Hi Natalia,

Hi, there.
Our engineer checked your video already.
And it is informed that this problem can not be resolved remotely. They suggest you send us your product for further checking.
We hope this information helps and if you need any further support, please tell us here.
2023-5-6
Use props
djiuser_HaCRTcG8QFdt
New

Ghana

Hi all, am using DJI T30 and drone won’t connect to RC after pressing the battery to do the linking
1-22 01:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules