Unknown user bound to drone, so......
2210 13 2023-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RNYlDk6hLy7f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 584249 ft
United States

Hi I picked up a Mavic 3 from an auction and it's brand new it's never been used but it has been registered with somebody and ended up being returned before ending up in oxygen because he couldn't figure out how to plug the controller incorrectly and had it plugged into the dummy plug on the top instead of the correct plug which is on the right hand side so his loss was my gain on that one but let my plan was was to use my mini 3 smart controller ( the one with the screen) and ditch the garbage regular one that comes with it and sell my Mavic many three with it. But my problem is now I have no clue who this original owner was and I do have the controller I can fly just fine with it The problem is am I not able to link the remote I want to with it is it stuck with this remote? I don't even understand why such a drone would be sold with such a remote when there's far inferior ones sold with such better controllers. I'm sure it's just a marketing tool to get you to borrow more things but yeah so I'm not able to use this controller that I have that does link to it and I have flown with it connected to it already but it only lets you do it five times before it then says you can't do it anymore which absolutely makes no sense as well I don't know why it allowed me to do that but I guess five times is the magic number. Yeah I have no clue why you're giving those five flights and no more. Anyhow any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have the Mavic mini sold to somebody but I don't want to sell him the only controller that I'm able to use with this Mavic 3. I really hope there is a fix to this because if not you have to imagine how many perfectly fine drones are actually out there floating around that can no longer even be used because they can't locate the old user and don't have access to the original controller. DJI really drop the ball on that that seems like an easy workaround but why anybody would put those roadblocks up is beyond me and why you just can't link multiple controllers to want their own is also kind of sad when we can with any other drone
2023-3-8
Use props
djiuser_RNYlDk6hLy7f
lvl.1
United States

*it says oxygen I meant auction..
2023-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll need to contact the original owner to unbind the drone,  the binding feature is like activation lock on an apple device and there to protect the original owner from flyaways and thefts.   
2023-3-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we apologize for the inconvenience. As the comment above mentions, this limitation is for product ownership protection. Please note that only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. Regarding the restricted use of the unbound remote controller (only up to 5 times), this can be resolved by binding it. But the drone must be unbound from the previous owner's account first. Once unbound, you can then bind the aircraft to your account and change the bound remote controller. Since you have no contact with the original owner, we can attempt to contact them for you but we cannot guarantee the result. We have sent you a PM to gather some details and discuss this concern further. Kindly check at your earliest convenience. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-3-10
Use props
djiuser_RNYlDk6hLy7f
lvl.1
United States

I swear you guys are robots and I know you're just reading off of a screen and giving me generic answers but please read what we're actually saying and understand nobody at this point doesn't understand that we all know you have a s*** system that requires somebody that's not even a customer of yours anymore to get involved with somebody who is like they're actually going to care. If it was me I wouldn't care I would laugh about it actually. I was told by one of your co-workers that they would contact them and have them undo it My question is what happens when they don't answer do I lose $3,000? If so I need to know this answer because I need to tell a lawyer because yes we have a case of this is true because this is happening over somebody that's not even your customer who's not bound by any of your rules and has no obligation to contact us back. I've now spent $3,000 on your junk and you're telling me something everybody in the world knows
2023-3-11
Use props
djiuser_RNYlDk6hLy7f
lvl.1
United States

I'd love to hear the percentage of people that you guys have contacted like that that have actually reached back and unbound their drone. I'm going wager it's not even 10%. I guarantee it's not and if it is it's no more than 12%
2023-3-11
Use props
djiuser_RNYlDk6hLy7f
lvl.1
United States

I'm just telling you I'm not losing $3,000 on a technicality like this on somebody that never even flew the damn drone all they did was type in some letters one day about 10 letters on one of your login pages and now you guys have just wasted your time money and energy creating a $3,000 heap of s*** that I spent my money on and now I lost this money because I can't return the controller because it's now been used for five times on this drone so now I'm out that beyond just the drone now I'm out the extra $1,000 just to find out that I'm out that $1,000. The guy doesn't even have the insurance on it he just literally logged into it and never flew it once it shows 0 flights and you guys actually think he's going to contact back. He's not but I'm not losing $3,000 either and you can tell my lawyer if you think I am going to lose it that way cuz I'm not
2023-3-11
Use props
djiuser_RNYlDk6hLy7f
lvl.1
United States

Or I'll just tell you what forget the lawyer I will get my money back I'll just keep it in the family and keep doing what you guys are promoting and it's just for me to sell s*** down the road that somebody else can't use so I'm just going to pass it on how about that You can deal with this with somebody else cuz I'm not going to deal with it. You guys are fine with me dealing with it You're going to be fine with somebody else dealing with it until they reaches somebody that it really affects DJI. So you have fun with that
2023-3-11
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

This is a great feature.   Makes me feel so much safer thst my drone won’t get stolen just like my apple products.
2023-3-20
Use props
djiuser_RNYlDk6hLy7f
lvl.1
United States

Prezzodrone Posted at 3-20 10:56
This is a great feature.   Makes me feel so much safer thst my drone won’t get stolen just like my apple products.

You are one of a kind  do you know the thousands upon thousands who disagree with you? No one's gonna steal your 500$ drone  if it flys away guess what..it's gone so what if someone 10 miles away finds it in a ditch..YOU LOST IT..do you not realize THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE DJI STEALING FROM ME? RIGHT NOW IM OUT $4000 DUR TO SOME CLOWN THAT IS NOT EVEN THIER CUSTOMER NIT REPLYING TONA RANDOM DJI EMAIL THAT SURLEY GOES RIGHT TO HIS TRASH OR TO HIS JUNK BOX MEANWHILE IVE SHOWN MY RECEIPT,THE SERIAL NUMVER, MY GD DRIVERS LICENCE AND YET STILL THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH..YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IT CAUSES MR IM GLAD THIS ... OPTION EXISTS? ...IT COMPLETLY OPENS THE BLACK MARKET UO FOR BLACKMAIL MONEY..IVE READ JUST TODAY OF 10 DIFFERENT PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOT A HOLD OF THE PREVIOUS PERSON JUST TO HAVE THEM TELL THEM THEY'LL LOG OUT OF THE ACCOUNT IF THEY SEND THEM $200 AND I'VE SEEN ALL THE WAY UP TO $400. AND THAT'S A VERY REAL MARKET THAT THAT'S NOW CREATED. THEY DON'T HAVE TO UNLOCK IT IF THEY DON'T WANT
2023-3-23
Use props
djiuser_RNYlDk6hLy7f
lvl.1
United States

Prezzodrone Posted at 3-20 10:56

I hope you were into the same problem one day and then I want you to come back to this and read what you wrote Tell me how you feel about that. I could give a ... if somebody steals my drone at this point. It's not going to do them any good it's not like they're going to fly it just like me and I paid for the damn thing. I have proof I paid for it they have the proof already they understand that it's mine and I purchased it that don't change anything that's ridiculous and in 2023 they should be ashamed of themselves on how archaic their system is. No one's going to steal your drone dude I don't even understand how that would happen somebody break into your house You have other things to worry about besides your little toy drone. I promise nobody's break in your house looking for your drone. And if they are why don't you just use the real ID to locate where it's at? I don't understand it's a requirement and it can locate by its serial number the drone and the remote so I don't get it
2023-3-23
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

djiuser_RNYlDk6hLy7f Posted at 3-23 15:17
You are one of a kind  do you know the thousands upon thousands who disagree with you? No one's gonna steal your 500$ drone  if it flys away guess what..it's gone so what if someone 10 miles away finds it in a ditch..YOU LOST IT..do you not realize THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE DJI STEALING FROM ME? RIGHT NOW IM OUT $4000 DUR TO SOME CLOWN THAT IS NOT EVEN THIER CUSTOMER NIT REPLYING TONA RANDOM DJI EMAIL THAT SURLEY GOES RIGHT TO HIS TRASH OR TO HIS JUNK BOX MEANWHILE IVE SHOWN MY RECEIPT,THE SERIAL NUMVER, MY GD DRIVERS LICENCE AND YET STILL THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH..YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IT CAUSES MR IM GLAD THIS ... OPTION EXISTS? ...IT COMPLETLY OPENS THE BLACK MARKET UO FOR BLACKMAIL MONEY..IVE READ JUST TODAY OF 10 DIFFERENT PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOT A HOLD OF THE PREVIOUS PERSON JUST TO HAVE THEM TELL THEM THEY'LL LOG OUT OF THE ACCOUNT IF THEY SEND THEM $200 AND I'VE SEEN ALL THE WAY UP TO $400. AND THAT'S A VERY REAL MARKET THAT THAT'S NOW CREATED. THEY DON'T HAVE TO UNLOCK IT IF THEY DON'T WANT

Just ask the seller to unbind it. Just like an iPhone.  
2023-3-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_RNYlDk6hLy7f Posted at 3-23 15:17
You are one of a kind  do you know the thousands upon thousands who disagree with you? No one's gonna steal your 500$ drone  if it flys away guess what..it's gone so what if someone 10 miles away finds it in a ditch..YOU LOST IT..do you not realize THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE DJI STEALING FROM ME? RIGHT NOW IM OUT $4000 DUR TO SOME CLOWN THAT IS NOT EVEN THIER CUSTOMER NIT REPLYING TONA RANDOM DJI EMAIL THAT SURLEY GOES RIGHT TO HIS TRASH OR TO HIS JUNK BOX MEANWHILE IVE SHOWN MY RECEIPT,THE SERIAL NUMVER, MY GD DRIVERS LICENCE AND YET STILL THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH..YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IT CAUSES MR IM GLAD THIS ... OPTION EXISTS? ...IT COMPLETLY OPENS THE BLACK MARKET UO FOR BLACKMAIL MONEY..IVE READ JUST TODAY OF 10 DIFFERENT PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOT A HOLD OF THE PREVIOUS PERSON JUST TO HAVE THEM TELL THEM THEY'LL LOG OUT OF THE ACCOUNT IF THEY SEND THEM $200 AND I'VE SEEN ALL THE WAY UP TO $400. AND THAT'S A VERY REAL MARKET THAT THAT'S NOW CREATED. THEY DON'T HAVE TO UNLOCK IT IF THEY DON'T WANT

I’ve had my drone stolen.  I reported it on this forum but at the time they couldn’t help.   I’m very pleased with this.  Just like my apple products they are now useless unless I consent to their sale.  Great feature that discourages theft.   If you buy something that’s “lost” that’s technically theft here.
2023-3-24
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer

United Kingdom

djiuser_RNYlDk6hLy7f Posted at 3-23 15:25
I hope you were into the same problem one day and then I want you to come back to this and read what you wrote Tell me how you feel about that. I could give a ... if somebody steals my drone at this point. It's not going to do them any good it's not like they're going to fly it just like me and I paid for the damn thing. I have proof I paid for it they have the proof already they understand that it's mine and I purchased it that don't change anything that's ridiculous and in 2023 they should be ashamed of themselves on how archaic their system is. No one's going to steal your drone dude I don't even understand how that would happen somebody break into your house You have other things to worry about besides your little toy drone. I promise nobody's break in your house looking for your drone. And if they are why don't you just use the real ID to locate where it's at? I don't understand it's a requirement and it can locate by its serial number the drone and the remote so I don't get it

I only buy from reputable sources so will never be an issue.  
2023-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules