No gps signal. Max flight altitude reached dji fpv. DJI FPV
1551 4 2023-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_trCKg82grbMa
lvl.1

Canada

My DJI FPV drone requires 18 satellite connections to go higher than 30m/98feet. I've been flying it around where I live most of the time, but in the past 2 weeks it refuses to get over 17 connections. Hovers around 14 and maxes out at 17. Wasted almost 2 hours of just flying around trying to get a connection. Is there anyway to bypass this "feature" or Is jailbreaking the only option?
2023-3-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you are flying in Manual mode when you experience the said issue? Does the issue occur in a different location? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-8
Use props
djiuser_trCKg82grbMa
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-8 18:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you are flying in Manual mode when you experience the said issue? Does the issue occur in a different location? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I fly in normal mode until I get enough satellites then I switch to manual mode. Otherwise it won't let me go over 30 meters which is shorter than the height of the trees around my house. If the weather's perfect meaning no wind or clouds it manages to find the satellites. But we almost never have perfect weather here in Vancouver. My main question is, is there a way to bypass this? would jailbreaking be able to even fix this?
2023-3-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

winds and clouds are likely not your problem when it comes to poor gps.  gps in vancouver is fine regardless the weather conditions.  you probably have some other issue going on with your drone.
2023-3-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_trCKg82grbMa Posted at 3-8 19:37
Hey, thanks for the reply. I fly in normal mode until I get enough satellites then I switch to manual mode. Otherwise it won't let me go over 30 meters which is shorter than the height of the trees around my house. If the weather's perfect meaning no wind or clouds it manages to find the satellites. But we almost never have perfect weather here in Vancouver. My main question is, is there a way to bypass this? would jailbreaking be able to even fix this?

Thank you for your response and I apologize for the trouble. To answer your question, we don't have a way to jailbreak this but we can perform troubleshooting steps on this to identify the main cause of the issue. Can you please confirm if the location you are flying to is a restricted area or an altitude zone?  if you are having issues with your unit's GPS reception, you may try to fly to a different location, it is recommended to have a test flight in an outdoor open environment and check if the issue persists. If the aircraft still cannot connect to GPS satellites, I'm afraid that you may consider sending it in for proper diagnostics. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules