New firmware Action 2 stabilization problem.
691 4 2023-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gizmo1970
lvl.2
Poland

Hi, my main problem (except overheating) after update is related with lack of stabilization at the beginning of recording. Regardless of the set resolution and stabilization mode, the first 12 seconds of the video are not stabilized. At 13 seconds, the stabilization starts working until the end of the recording. I reported the problem a week ago and so far I'm being flooded by support with mostly irrelevant questions, which I think are supposed to discourage me in the future from DJI products. Resetting the device and calibrating the horizon obviously do not help.
2023-3-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm using Android version of Mimo v 1.8.12 (226083) and after today's shooting, I don't detect any lag in stabilization. Settings were 1920x1080 @30FPS and the ROCKSTEADY option selected.
Strangely though, if I increase resolution, the saved video records at 2688x1512. I haven't got my head round that yet, Switching to Horizon Steady or Horizon Balance have no lag effect on stabilization either.
2023-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience. We will forward your feedback and concerns to the corresponding team and ask our team to reply to your email asap.
2023-3-10
Use props
gizmo1970
lvl.2
Poland

I can't believe the advice I got from support:
"In regards to your query, we kindly suggest you to trigger the recording bythe record button after powering on the device to see if the EIS can work normally. If not, you are advised to start recording 10 seconds in advance to avoid this issue."
I understand that if I see something interesting, I have to go back in time at least 10 seconds and then start filming...
Thank you DJI for your support and quick solution to the problem you generated by releasing an untested update.
Action 2 usseless after firmware update... Action 3 usseles because of physical lens problem... Action 1 not available... thanks to you we have no choice but GoPro.
2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

gizmo1970 Posted at 3-12 08:57
I can't believe the advice I got from support:
"In regards to your query, we kindly suggest you to trigger the recording bythe record button after powering on the device to see if the EIS can work normally. If not, you are advised to start recording 10 seconds in advance to avoid this issue."
I understand that if I see something interesting, I have to go back in time at least 10 seconds and then start filming...

Hi, gizmo1970. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. Our engineers have located the issue and this is expected to be resolved in the next update. We ask for your continued understanding and patience.
2023-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules